• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

JUST VOTE THEY PILED ON CLEB

It's already to late

- - - Post Merge - - -

That last minute vote though

- - - Post Merge - - -

GG

- - - Post Merge - - -

Endless is rolling in his grave bc Cleb's lynched

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also want to apoligize to Cleb for snapping at him

image.png

As the remaining players looked at all their fallen, they realized that today was their last. The mafia has gained too much of a lead over everyone, all hope was lost. Except for one, xCleb stepped up as the town's final remaining leader in the chaos. He attempted to convince everyone that Dolby was scum, but fell victim to his persuasive claim.

In the end, when town was lacking a clear target, the mafia strikes! Dolby betrays xCleb, and overcomes all of the other townies. The scum have won.

Scum has won.
Congratulations to Heyden, KermitTea and Dolby.

Remaining Role PM's:

Heyden said:
Godfather - Ganondorf

250px-Ganondorf_SSB4.png

You're Ganon, the king of the gerudo. Your current goal is to win the smash game no matter what, and nothing is going to stop you from doing so. You decided that the best way to win was to essemble a team to help you, and you're now leading them as the Godfather.

If you are investigated, you will come back as town to inspections.

Scum chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MmJ46KxHpDwF

KermitTea said:
Bowser - Roleblocker

250px-Bowser_SSB4.png

You are Bowser, King of the Koopa. Ganondorf has approached you to team up with him to defeat the other contestants, and you have accepted.

Once per night, you maybe block a player from using their role action if they have one.

Scum chat:https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MmJ46KxHpDwF

Dolby said:
Wario - Framer

250px-Wario_SSB4.png

You are wario, the nastiest soul in the smash universe. Ganondorf has offered to team up with you, and you have accepted. You and your gang of baddies will surely be able to win together!

Once per night, you may "frame" someone to have them come back as mafia to inspections. You can not frame yourself or your team mates.

Scum chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MmJ46KxHpDwF

xCleb said:
Sheik - Veteran

250px-Sheik_SSB4.png

You are Sheik, a top tier fighter with a lot of nerve. You've heard a rumor that a group of players have teamed up and are attempting to win the match unfairly, and you've become paranoid.

You are a Veteran. If you are attacked at night, you will survive the hit. Afterwards, any attacks on you after that will result in your death.

Bowie said:
Lucas - Townie

250px-Lucas_SSB4.png

You are Lucas, the main protaganist of the game Mother 3.

You are a Townie, you have no other powers other than your voice and vote. You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

F11 said:
Pit - Townie

250px-Pit_SSB4.png

You are Pit, the angelic protaganist of the Kid Icarus series.

You are a Townie. You have no other powers other than your voice and vote. You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

SensaiGallade said:
Duck Hunt - Townie

250px-Duck_Hunt_SSB4.png

You're Duck Hunt, more than likely the least used, yet coolest character in the smash brothers universe.

You are a Townie. You have no other powers other than your voice and vote. You win once all threats to town have been eliminated.

Links​

Scum chat
Observer's chat
There isn't an action's list this time, I did it all on paper. Sorry!

Final Words

Thank you all for playing! To be perfectly honest, this is probably the hardest, most stressful game I've ever hosted. Being without a stable wifi connection isn't tough, but on an iPhone too?

Regardless, I had a good time hosting and I hope all of you did as well. I prepared a but of a list regarding my thoughts on the game, so feel free to read it.

1. Thank you all for playing Super Smash Brothers Mafia! I had a bit of a difficult time hosting around the end of Day 2, but I'm glad that I was still able to persevere and get the EoD/EoN posts up in time. I have to say, this is probably the hardest game I've ever hosted but at the same time it's actually the most successful game I've ever hosted. I remember the first Smash Bros. game that I hosted was a bit of a train wreck mostly due to how new I was at hosting.

2. The mafia did an excellent job at blending in. If I wasn't the host, I probably would have had KermitTea as townlock the entire game. Also, I'd like to say that despite KermitTea being scared to play as scum during day 1, she played probably the best scum I've seen in a really long time. Huge props to her and I'm glad she played.
Now, on the note of Dolby and Heyden, there was a way that both of them could have been caught. If you had noticed, both of them scum read each other for the entire game, yet neither of them ever heavily pressured or questioned each other. If you noticed this, then I'm sure that both of them could have been scum read fairly quickly. In fact, an extra little tidbit that could have been used was that in post #835, Dolby put a like on Heyden’s post to which Heyden quickly covers up by saying “liking my posts won't make me townread you :lemon:”.

3. Town’s downfall this game was that nobody ever did any kind of deeper thinking as to who the scum was. The entire town all went for the most obvious/most likely choices (aka Kirby/Zendel’s lynches). Ironically enough, the person who had the most accurate reads for the entire game (other then Endless, props to him as well.) was the person nobody took the time to listen to: Kirbystarship. Kirby had correct scum reads on the entire scum team (except for KermitTea, whom he had a null read on) yet he ended up getting lynched for it. Town could have taken this to their advantage when Heyden committed the hammer on Kirby and point out that Kirby scum read him early on.

4. Regarding me saying that mafia won if they equaled town even if there was a neutral 3rd party, that was all my fault. After I did some research, I determined that mafia only win if they completely do reach 50/50. My thought process for this was that I've never been in a situation where there would be 3 town vs 3 scum vs 1 jester, so I thought that mafia would win due to actually out numbering town. Now, that also leads me a second point: I never actually expected something like this to be a problem. The only situation that I saw with a third party preventing a scum victory was with mogyay surviving until LYLO. So, in regards to cleb, I'm sorry that your tactic didn't work out and I'll keep it in mind for any future games I host.

5. In regards to there not being a vigilante: I had a fairly solid reason to not include one. Since there already was a Serial Killer in the game, and it was at 15 players, I was super worried that including a vig would cause destruction to the entire town rather then do any good. If a vigilante had been present and shot a town member on night 1, and mogyay had hit a town member, and the mafia hit 2 town, then the town would already have gone from 11 to 6. 6 town players alive after day 1. I didn't want this to happen, so I excluded the vig from the game in favor of a veteran. Now, looking back on the set up now it was probably a bad idea to include a Serial Killer in the first place as the 3rd party role. It probably would have been more suitable to have a lover or survivor as the 3rd party with a 1-shot vigilante.

1 more thing: in hindsight, it was also a bad idea to make the veteran not get alerts as to whether they were hit or not. I've played with the veteran role on mafiascum before, and in the games I've played on there with a vet they've never been alerted as to whether they were alerted or not. I'm also sorry that I didn't include that in cleb’s role PM, that was just a general mistake on my part.

Last edited:
Also @Mog, I said that about your reads to give my scumteam ammo on certain other people because I was convinced at the time I was going to be lynched D2 or D3

i had karen and dolby down for a while but i never even thought of hayden cuz i thought ness confirmed him as town

smh

- - - Post Merge - - -

also im throughly disappointed zelda and bayonetta weren't roles

0/10

Last edited:
@ Scum team

You were so sympathetic towards me in the scum chat, aww bless. Thank You. :blush:

Excellent job you three! :)

Good game, I'm pretty pissed at how royally I and the whole good team screwed this game up, and how much the mafs played us for fools. Hoping I can git gud because I realize just how terrible I am at reading people from this game :(

Aside from my wallowing in self-pity though, this was a lot of fun, and I look forward to the next game!

yay gg scum!!
Also apologies if I pushed anyone too hard, and especially to mog for n1'ing for the 3rd time rip. Regardless, I had fun playing with all of you, and good job to Evan for doing pretty well for his first game here.

woooo!!

good game everyone and shout out to my scummates @dolby @heyden literally you guys were literally the best

also this is prob my last mafia game LMAO it was so stressful ;; ty all!

Back