Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

also if we're talking about coasting bring up cleb too i know he's 'a godfather' but i dont see why he should be allowed a free pass at not posting much but i cant lol

oh wow these posts ok

uhh ok I think I see what you're saying. Bringing it up was unnecessary and unhelpful...

I guess I'm sorry for mentioning policy lynch then lol

Is it just me, or can I not see the new posts? There's been three posts from mogyay, Jacob, and now Dolby and yet I still can't see them... :confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

3glitchy5me

The main thing that irked me about Jacob was him outting the townslip evan made, but now that I think about it, that's not mafia-indicative at the very least since scum would just discuss the slip in their maf chat rather than out it. Pointing that out is bad play though, don't do that for someone already townread.

Though moving to other ****, this is the main thing that's keeping you on my radar atm jacob:
At this point I townlock Amazon due to a soft claim

I would prefer not to lynch any of the five 'Godfathers' because mislynching one of them is too stupid unless we have actual slips or evidence this early

That leaves: Mogyay, Zendel, Bowie, Crys, Sensai, Hayden, Kermit and Kirby as the people I'll be looking at for my day one lynch.
If we end up doing policy lynch: Zendel is my top candidate for leaving and giving up on multiple games in the past : )
I didn't like how you wrote us 5 "GF"s off so early into day. Sure, mislynching one of us is stupid if theres no evidence, but that's the same case for everyone, not just us. I feel like this just dismisses any possibility of scrutinizing our posts.

Also your play didn't really scream reaction test but :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Evan for what it's worth, most of the time we wait closer to the deadline, this game's really vote happy lol (probably didnt help that voting Heyden right off the bat :lemon: )

i read that as jacob being a suck up tbh but maybe that's too harsh cause like i do see his point but i think everyone understands the stupidity of (mostly meaninglessly lynching really strong players, like why spell it out like that i guess?

The main thing that irked me about Jacob was him outting the townslip evan made, but now that I think about it, that's not mafia-indicative at the very least since scum would just discuss the slip in their maf chat rather than out it. Pointing that out is bad play though, don't do that for someone already townread.

Though moving to other ****, this is the main thing that's keeping you on my radar atm jacob:
I didn't like how you wrote us 5 "GF"s off so early into day. Sure, mislynching one of us is stupid if theres no evidence, but that's the same case for everyone, not just us. I feel like this just dismisses any possibility of scrutinizing our posts.

Also your play didn't really scream reaction test but :eyes:
Idk mayne when theres 15 players and you rationally isolate 5 of them out its like easier to look into it

like theres more than likely only 1 mafia in the 5 of you and I think everyone can agree on it. So I just assumed if I looked only into the 8 people that are a little easier to read than you 5, it'll b more likely to lynch mafia

At day 2 there will be like probably 12 players left, then including the other 5 won't be as confusing because its like a less pool of people

@Arstotzkan got it, thanks :lemon:

@mogyay idk what to think about that statement. I mean, yes it makes sense to not mindlessly lynch, but why single out the godfathers? What makes them immune to consideration for a d1 lynch??

i read that as jacob being a suck up tbh but maybe that's too harsh cause like i do see his point but i think everyone understands the stupidity of (mostly meaninglessly lynching really strong players, like why spell it out like that i guess?
Well yeah but there's a difference between "hey we should be careful about lynching strong players" and "they're off the lynch list for today". I think common wisdom is the former, jacob's was the latter

- - - Post Merge - - -

ninja'd gdi

@Arstotzkan got it, thanks :lemon:

@mogyay idk what to think about that statement. I mean, yes it makes sense to not mindlessly lynch, but why single out the godfathers? What makes them immune to consideration for a d1 lynch??

yeah i agree! they should never be immune, i disagree with jaocb completely however i think there are more repercussions mislynching a really strong town player. however that might be totally flawed of me to think idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well yeah but there's a difference between "hey we should be careful about lynching strong players" and "they're off the lynch list for today". I think common wisdom is the former, jacob's was the latter

- - - Post Merge - - -

ninja'd gdi

ah right yeah, i agree w that, i thought it was a strange way to say it

- - - Post Merge - - -

or rather yeah strange to say it at all

yeah i agree! they should never be immune, i disagree with jaocb completely however i think there are more repercussions mislynching a really strong town player. however that might be totally flawed of me to think idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah right yeah, i agree w that, i thought it was a strange way to say it

- - - Post Merge - - -

or rather yeah strange to say it at all

interesting so who do you think is mafia

interesting so who do you think is mafia

i'm not really sure rn! think it's interesting how cleb hasn't posted anything yet really. you're acting pretty shady. i also think i disagree with people town leaning bowie but i may have to read through again. i don't have any strong scum leans but i'm about to nap and when i wake reread and make some reads hopefully

alrighty if you think its worth giving cleb a look i'll read back on him

Vote Count 1.4
8 hours remaining.

Heyden-(0)
Arstotzkan
amazonevan19

Dolby-(1)
Bowie
Kirbystarship
amazonevan19

Jacob-(1)
amazonevan19

Kirbystarship-(2)
glow
Jacob

SensaiGallade-(1)
Endless

amazonevan19-(0)
Endless

Not Voting-(10)
Zendal
Heyden
Dolby
SensaiGallade
xCleb
f11
KermitTea
mogyay
Kirbystarship
Arstotzkan

Currently, Kirbystarship is set to be lynched with (2) votes. If you haven't voted, please try to do so. Before EoD.

Last edited:
Key:

Strong Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Slight Scum Lean
Strong Scum Lean

Abe - Hypothetical post incoming, hence why I'm null on him, 'cause when I have a hypothetical read it's usually wrong. :(

I find his interactions with Dolby to be fake.

Oh for sure. It's important to not blindly trust players like Dolby just because they seem super comfortable. It's also important that you don't blindly scumread him for it either. He merely hasn't alignment told yet.
This right here is precisely what I was telling town not to do. Dolby's especially fond of faking genuine interaction with his partners, and has procured no small number of victories off it. Of course, there's nothing to suggest either are mafia at this point, but don't lapse into thinking that if one is mafia, that makes the other any less likely to be mafia.

This is ironic because it's exactly what it looks like you are doing and by mentioning it directly you're trying to play it off.

This statement is awkward, as he calls the post from Heyden "genuine" and suggests a light townlean, then proceeds to hypothesize at his possible teammates if he's mafia.

Somehow forgets that the last 15 player game that he played on the site was 11v4, and suggests that I'm scum for suggesting it. Admittadly, I'm calling him out on the same logic that he did me in this post, which is that an experienced player wouldn't make a mistake in hypothesizing the balance of the game, and I honestly consider iffy. But the point still stands that he really shouldn't be sussing me for my opinions on game balance.

Making this does make me a bit less sus of him before, as I didn't like his focus on me in his following posts, but such focus does make sense in the context where pretty much me and Glow were the only ones being talked about. I was originally going to point that out against

I do fake interactions with teammates quite a bit as scum but
1. I am not extremely fond of it, and don't really go out of my way to create situation in which it happens
2. When have I ever won off of that?
3. I drop my teammates like rocks because I am far better solo mafia (MM4, Reindeer, etc)

It looks like both of them are trying to distance themselves from each other while also lessening their "suspicions" of each other as time goes on.

Time to address Dolby's pretty horrific case on me.

Genuine as in I don't think the post was forced. (Meaning if he is mafia, which I don't think is the case, then his teammates would include either you or Cleb)
Others have misinterpreted this so perhaps I should've been a little clearer in the way I wrote this.

Which game are you talking about here? I haven't played in over half a year aside from SU 2, which I stated was absurdly unbalanced in favour of mafia.
This feels super like mudslinging to me, especially since I later rescinded this point when shown the poor balance of recent setups.

1. Weird then that it happens almost every time you're mafia.
2. Second to last pm game on the site, you and a teammate faked an entire chat log between yourselves and when one of you died town townread the other because of this, causing you to win.
3. Yes, but you fake interaction before dropping them like rocks.

Honestly I don't even see what you're aiming for here considering Kat literally backed me up on this point.
Thanks for defending me in your call out post, I guess.

I literally stated "his last post". So yes, that's the post that pinged me. Bravo.

So all in all, I'm shifting Dolby from sus to scumlean. While the complete lack of research in this post could be left to Dolby's current time constraints rather than his alignment, I'd be severely disappointed if Dolby, as town, were to make a case without checking any of his facts.
It's just a sloppy case, and that's just super off-putting since I'm used to quite solid play from Dolby.

1. Discredits Dolby's case on him by insulting it, putting further distance between them.

2. This argument is wiped out in the next two posts completely, showing that he has little merit or backing in them. It looks like he is just bringing out whatever "points" he can to create more distance between Dolby and himself, hence why the points he makes fall through so quickly.

3. He moves him from sus to scum lean because he made terrible points which is hypocritical of him because his points are also terrible because they were discredited so quickly, if a point is good then it should be able to stay durable and it clearly didn't. Insulting Dolby's case on him once again, most likely to put distance between them again.

This actually makes more sense than I was originally thinking.

Overwatch mafia, which to be fair, was four months ago. However, approximately half of all 15-16 player games on TBT (discounting third parties and meme factories) have had a. either four mafia or b. added a buff to or on top of the KP system in said game. As for said point being mudslinging, a believe it is a valid assertion to make even if you aren't a regular TBT player, as **** like that is common here.

1. You seriously have to read back on how I play
2. Said Quicktopic was started by Ness, who pretty much forced me into the chat(https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/aYsqgatbZq9TF,message 15), started it (https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/trr6ysjDkHZyv), and then I think leaked it to all of the discord. So to say that I was the proponent of that is highly inaccurate.

Literally everything else seemed ok to me, which I felt was worth pointing out

This really miffs me as you clearly didn't do any, shown in two of the sections that I touched on in this

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually no, I leaked it to all of discord because Ness referenced it. But the point there still stands that said example is 100% invalid

@Dolby: fair. I don't think we're getting anywhere with this spat.
I resussed you when you got defensive about people pushing on you. If it isn't clear, my read on you is weak. (Even weaker now)

His point was wiped out with a click of the fingers...Seriously Abe? And then he says his read on him is weak and even weaker, which supports my point that they want to put distance between each other while also lessening each other's apparent "suspicions" of each other. He keeps his scum lean on him though because he was defensive, so he is trying to maintain the distance so they don't come across as buddy-pals in other posts such as this one:

@Dolby I guess I can see from your point of view on that one. What's your opinion on Amazonevan?

I've also noticed that he is moving his attention away from Dolby onto Evan, so there's that as well and there's also the fact that his posts don't come across as genuine at all. If he was town I would expect his points to be more valid and more research would be done before posting his case on Dolby.

------

Bowie - I feel as though Dolby is using him as a scapegoat of sorts so he can drag him down with him, Dolby has been defending him and many of us sus him right now so I don't see why he wouldn't try to and attach/associate himself with Bowie. I mean no offence by this but Bowie is one of the easier targets to get lynched due to the amount of gut feelings he has, the filler posts and the lack of points he makes when making a case. It isn't exactly helpful and it may come across as sus, it certainly did in the themeless mafia game, I suggest people read back up on that if people want to get a taste of what Bowie is all about because it matches up with how he's playing now. If Bowie is lynched today and flips green I bet that would be the perfect opportunity for Dolby to cast suspicion on the people who voted for him, it's typical of mafia. Bowie has also outright called Dolby and the people who had read him as green, he also has mentioned that not a single thing he has posted indicates that he is town and his self awareness is what leads me to believe that he is town along with my theory about what Dolby is using him for.

There's also the possibility that he is in fact scum and his posts about Dolby are attempts to keep distance between them, there's also the fact that Dolby sussed Bowie for inactivity and over time retracted his suspicions when people started sussing Bowie. I'm still open minded about the Dolby and Bowie partnership but I'm doubtful about it.

------

Cleb - Made two posts, not enough. He also scum leaned me for wanting his opinion on the game which comes across as OMGUS. I don't think I've seen him do that before, so it's out of character. Not 100% sure though.

------

Crys - I feel like there isn't enough, none of her posts come across as townie or scum. She called people out for sussing Bowie and Dolby, and the lack of free thinking yet the only people she has questioned so far would be those who are sussed, those people being me and Bowie. This doesn't mean she susses either of us but why would she question people if she don't sus them, so she most likely does. lol. Free thinking is over tbh.

------

Dolby - His interactions with Abe seem fake, it looks like he's using Bowie and his posts don't come across as they did in the Steven Universe game. He seems different all around and I don't like how defensive he gets, I don't think I've ever seen him defend himself in they way he has this game because he is usually one of the first people to be town read (if my memory serves right) and he is usually the one who fills the "town leader" role, which I hate. So there are major playstyle differences this time around, from what I've seen.

------

Evan - The one thing I dislike about Evan would be the fact that he's new and I haven't gotten a grasp of what he's like before the game, there's also the fact that he's new to TBT's mafia format, so OH GOD!

From what I've seen so far he comes across as town, there's the town crack and I'm pretty sure he soft claimed somewhere? There isn't anything else to say if he's done both of those things. He comes across as genuine, helpful and active; which are all townie traits. :)

------

Glow - I thought the interactions between Dolby and herself were a distancing technique, it seemed fake at the time. Several jokey posts which align more so with her mafia meta than her town meta. There was one lengthy post, that was her latest post. I'm not entirely sure what to think as off now, in The Themeless Mafia game she was active and pushy towards players who she thought was suspicious while in the The Paper Mario game and The Overwatch game she was barely active and mostly posted one liners/jokes, if she was busy during those two games and that explains her inactivity then that is a crazy coincidence. lol. She is decently active right now and it seems as though she is helpful but her activity and playstyle is very different from The Themeless Mafia game so that's why I'm not entirely sure about town leaning her.

------

Heyden - So far everything I've seen from Heyden is typical of him, being rude to people who sus/scum lean him and even when they don't , "so I'm sus because I'm sus, ok" and "so it's okay for you to have a town lean for having one piece of reasoning huh". However he has said that he barely contributes anything on day 1, this isn't the case here though. He has two pages of posts and seems to be making an effort thus far, so that's a little weird to say in one game but you post a decent amount in another? Eh, I don't think much of it though. Is it because school has ended or something?

------

Jacob - Not a fan on how he brought up policy lynch when it was so early in the game, we weren't in a tight situation so there was no need for it then. I'm also not a keen on the posts he has made towards me, looking back on it now it was most likely to annoy me for a reaction and it felt as though he was attacking my character (me as a person) so that's why I reacted negatively. He also placed a WotC vote on me which is why I don't think he was reaction testing and instead had a personal vendetta against, which doesn't make sense because I don't know what I did. There's also the possibility that he only said that to add to it, which is hurtful.
Policy lynches are pro mafia and he hasn't been entirely helpful thus far so that can change in the future so I'm not going to scum read him until he makes posts that don't relate to the policy lynch because I believe there is a chance that it was a reaction test. =/

------

Karen - I haven't seen anything remotely scummy about Karen so far, she's sharing her thoughts openly and contributing. I don't blame her confusion about the game so far to be honest, same! lmao. :D

------

Kat - Making a nice effort so far, she has been: actively asking questions, sharing her thoughts in a way which doesn't look like she's holding back on what she thinks which screams town to me and she has been decently active despite being busy elsewhere. So her efforts are apparent and very much appreciated especially because she is busy. :)

------

Kirby - Did a total 180 on me, said that Dolby was following his town meta and later stated that he was following his scum meta after he started to become heavily sussed. That's really weird, waited for Bowie to vote for Dolby, I say "waited" because it was only 7 minutes after Bowie had voted for Dolby and he had coincidently started looking at Dolby's posts and then he un-voted when he got heat for voting for Dolby. I don't understand what Kirby is doing here, he's all over the place and it's very suspicious. Slight scum lean/Null because I'm struggling to understand his motives. It looks like he was bussing Dolby because he was being sussed.

------

Mog - Her posts feel like town Mog, she is contributing despite being busy (always appreciated :blush: ), she's calling out a lot of things that she finds to be odd and she is sharing her thoughts openly and whenever she can which is fabulous. :)

------

Sensai - There's been a noticeable difference in gameplay and attitude, he's less active and he hasn't really made too many posts about anyone besides me, lol.

If I may voice my opinion, I would like to believe Zendel is a town lean for me. Reading through his posts, his demeanor and manner is much like someone I would suspect to be a townie. He's argueing his case while people questions him about his previous behaviour. Now I may have put him as a scum in my RQS but that was purely due to the last game. I can tell how different his way of speaking is in comparison to the last game, so I think we shouldn't lynch him on policy and rather take the time to study everyone's posts before we make a final decision.

The tone has changed a bit and I would like to see more from you hence why I highlighted that part.

---

I'm not a fan of the ideology of "Let's not kill any GOOD players on day 1" it seems so shady and it looks like you are implying that the other players are not good enough or helpful, which is offensive. We should be looking at every one in the same light and vote for the people who we think are scum no matter what their reputation maybe on here. I understand that if we mislynch a more experienced player more problems may be ahead but we can pull through, so let's not underestimate other people who are making a genuine effort. Please and thank you. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

I've been doing this for 3 hours or so! :eek:

Sorry for that long wait.

Back