• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

EBWOP: ~5k chat games. Did some mental math in my head and 30k was an overestimate.

Amazonevan, curious, would I happen to know you from EpicMafia?

@Dolby EpicMafia is probably my most played site in a way, I don't usually count it in the number of games I've played because I've only played 2 forum mafia games there.
(I've played about 30k chat games there)
The forum has a follow-the-clear style where important roles quickly claim and lead lynches, causing a lot of people to not have direction/expect to be lead. (Instead having a counterclaim to "fight") A lot of reads in it are also heavily chat-based, like speed of reaction. So EM skills convert very poorly to forum mafia.

Probably not, I haven't played on there in over a year. Much more active on a different forum website more similar to this. I agree that EM skills are much different than TBT skills.

- - - Post Merge - - -

well it's hard to know your intentions when you say something different to 'what you meant', also again, any reason for your potential jacob vote besides kat and karen already bringing up that policy lynching was 'scummy' or are you just sheeping on that too

For the 3rd time, I'm sorry I didn't say it correctly. Can we just drop this pointless debate? I have said what I meant to communicate earlier repeatedly, and your continued harping on the subject is getting us nowhere.

Also, speaking of pointless harping, I'm sick and tired of you fixating on my votes as being illogical or without reason, when pretty much 80% of this thread is people accusing the other illogically or without strong reason. It's called trying to read when you don't have much to go on.

So, to recap...
- I'm sorry I didn't state in exact perfect grammar what I meant earlier.
- I'm sorry I've been vote changing when we've spent 33 pages of intense back and forth.
- I'm sorry that you can't seem to get I don't have anything out for you.
- I'm sorry I just seem to generally suck at this format of mafia.

Happy?

@amazonevan: I haven't played on EM in roughly 2 years, so I probably won't know you for a different reason than you thought.

For the record, that's a towncrack if I've ever seen one. Evan's almost certainly town.
I'm pivoting to targeting Sansai for his last post, which as I mentioned is tonally different and just awks compared to his other posts.

For the 3rd time, I'm sorry I didn't say it correctly. Can we just drop this pointless debate? I have said what I meant to communicate earlier repeatedly, and your continued harping on the subject is getting us nowhere.

Also, speaking of pointless harping, I'm sick and tired of you fixating on my votes as being illogical or without reason, when pretty much 80% of this thread is people accusing the other illogically or without strong reason. It's called trying to read when you don't have much to go on.

So, to recap...
- I'm sorry I didn't state in exact perfect grammar what I meant earlier.
- I'm sorry I've been vote changing when we've spent 33 pages of intense back and forth.
- I'm sorry that you can't seem to get I don't have anything out for you.
- I'm sorry I just seem to generally suck at this format of mafia.

Happy?
I was more than ready to drop it for now, I'm more focused on other people atm. I was just taking my stance bc all I really wanted in the end was any form of reasoning if you were just gonna be persistent on me, when we have literally had plenty of time until EoD and you were pretty fixated already. For future reference don?t vote someone without any reasoning bc 90% of the time they will bite back without a doubt lmao

ok so reading back on the thread lowkey got me nowhere in terms of trying to get stronger scum leans than what i stated earlier. f11 and heyden still stick out to me the most, but i'm doubting myself because i'm probably exaggerating the f11 thing cause i was part of the interaction, yknow? there's a specific term in psych for it but yeah, i'm probably overthinking this. as for heyden it seemed like a really forced push on amazon but then again, i guess most people would react like that if someone voted to lynch them so early on.

also, some bad news: i just did some calculations, i'll probably be out for most EOD's. i have stuff going on nearly every weekday from 10:30am-12pm AEST, and EOD i believe falls at 11am. this happened last game too but EOD was at around 1pm then, so...

if this proves to be a huge problem then i'll talk to the host and try and figure something out. however in the meantime, if you guys have any questions for me lmk, and then hopefully i have enough time tomorrow morning to read up and answer them

inb4 sussed for indecisiveness when everyone has been incredibly indecisive

...and honestly im really ashamed of my indecisiveness. like i really wish i can pull out something from the thread like some other people do but its like... what if this and what if that. sigh i'll work on it this was a good wakeup call

that is no scum theatrics

- - - Post Merge - - -

rip post merge

that is no scum theatrics

- - - Post Merge - - -

rip post merge

literally same

do you have any thoughts on other people? just asking cause i'll prob hang around a bit longer then go off

- - - Post Merge - - -

ftr same about the post merge ^^^ i still dunno what to think bout amazon

literally same

do you have any thoughts on other people? just asking cause i'll prob hang around a bit longer then go off

i'm trying to POE my way down but i'm hesitant to read 3-4 people

abe who i think has been protown but i can't bring myself to townread. one problem is i sort of followed the same line of thinking about evan being town "cracking" and i'm biased towards people who i agree with

dolby because a noticeable difference in motive, which may be a play style thing? imo he felt too prepared in his defense when he said something like "check X game i played this way as well" i don't think it's scummy to be aware of your different playstyles but the way it was said felt wrong

kat because i almost always think she's town lmao

cleb/sensai/jacob are the sort of quiet ones atm and there's probably one scum attempting to coast w/in there

i'm pretty decently sure that you, evan, and mog are all town for a bunch of reasons but for the most part it's tone and specific phrasing

leaving bowie zendel hayden f11 kirby:

if i were to rule any of them out it'd be bowie and hayden, i think hayden's been pretty consistent and i forgot why i initially thought bowie was town, p sure it was a ref they made to their role flavor and that's not very typical of scum to do since they don't want to limit their claim possibilities later or even mention their role at all

there was a post crys made and i was like oh that's townyish (the one about everyone sussing dolby) but later i was hesitant about it because i wish crys would've added something like suggesting names we should be focused on?

i still think kirbys scum and kirby is also ignoring me despite posting the same times as me, so i'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to react

other scum i think is in the pool of zendel cleb sensai kat dolby

i think it's less likely to be jacob or abe compared to the others just by what's been said

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's 4am what a good time for mafia posts

Just read back, 100% agreed on the towncrack.

Also considering people pointed it out, my reason for my Bowie read earlier: scum, esp newer scum dont have the confidence to refer to their role from my experience. It feels like something he'd say in maf chat, and I dont think thats a reaction one of the "godfathers" would think to tell him to do.

Only got a min left before break ends, gonna reread jacob

- - - Post Merge - - -

Reread on next break*

I'm going to reread this entire thread, I'm going to post a reads list as well. It would be nice if everyone posted a reads list just so we can find where we stand with everyone and everything thus far. :)

Sorry for being absent, my time zone isn't the best for playing mafia and you all seem to be on when I'm not here, lmao.

It would be nice if everyone posted a reads list just so we can find where we stand with everyone and everything thus far. :)
Townlock:
amazonevan19

My preferred lynch candidates:
f11
SensaiGallade
Bowie
Zendal

Heyden
KermitTea

mogyay
Kirbystarship

Would not lynch today:
glow
Arstotzkan
xCleb
Dolby
Endless

Notes:

-- My town lock on Amazon comes strictly from his RQS:

" 2. How do you react to people attacking you?
I attempt to logically explain why I am not scum, although sometimes this leads me to posting rather lengthy defenses. :p I try not to get too emotional though.

3. What will you be known for in this game?
I'll hopefully be known as a helpful but powerless townie. :p "

In point 2 he basically explains his entire play honestly as proved, and in point 3 its just basically a claim and as the way I love to play mafia a claim is a claim and I won't vote for anyone who claims (Believably)

-- However I would like to know a little more why I'm being sussed by evan. The policy lynch thing against Zendel seems to really put people off and I guess I can understand it (but not really) but I feel like there should be a better explanation as to why thats so scummy.

Is it really that unheard of to propose a policy lynch candidate on day one?

-- It has been brought up that I have a grudge on Zendel or that I'm angry at him or something, thus I am teaming up on his with f11?
I don't know how many people know my play style really well but I don't like to bring in my own personal feelings or anything like that in mafia because blah blah clutter crying blah. Everything I posted in regards to Zendel were merely to rouse a reaction from him.

Everything I explained about him, while being true, was in turn caused by Zendel's emotions getting to him. His true play style comes out when he's heated, and I was hoping it would open doors to how we could all read him when he's not calmly masking his voice.
And If I'm being completely honest, I'm getting slight townie vibes from him, although I wrote him up as null because I haven't been able to read into it because I've always been on mobile

-- That being said, Kirby is my top lynch candidate for a mixture of gut feeling and my inability to follow his thought process. He's been keeping quiet about his thoughts on the game and reads until someone else asks him about it, then he'll change his mind on things and let us know.
Mogyay is second scummiest because she's obvicoasting.

-- I've been skimming over a lot of bowie's posts. It seemed a lot too much to read in the car (I get motion sick), thus he is null.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Placed my vote incase I miss eod (best friend's dad's funeral services today)

how was it to rouse a reaction from him when you wotc'd him though, unless you were lying about that? also fyi not coasting, game literally just started and i work full time (i hate having to stress this every game but honestly i'm going to anyway) you did this the last game too... oh and the one before...

- - - Post Merge - - -

i mean to make my point clearer, you're implying that you were reaction testing zendal by bringing up a policy lynch but since you wotc'd him you clearly do believe zendal is the best policy lynch, and while i understand your point bringing that up so quickly into the game when you hadn't even bothered coming to many conclusions about other players just seems so shady to me, it should always be a last resort and you seemed to make it a first resort

No the WotC was true, but that wasn't I brought up to make Zendel mad, that was just in reply to Kat

I was more than ready to drop it for now, I'm more focused on other people atm. I was just taking my stance bc all I really wanted in the end was any form of reasoning if you were just gonna be persistent on me, when we have literally had plenty of time until EoD and you were pretty fixated already. For future reference don’t vote someone without any reasoning bc 90% of the time they will bite back without a doubt lmao

sounds good. I will note that in my other mafia forum, we don't even have a separate thread for votes, so we often vote to trigger discussion and we post our warrants, etc. under that vote. It seems we're more prone to hashing things out without voting until closer to the deadline here - which is fine, it's just something I'll have to get used to :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Jacob the thing is, I can get why you may not have wanted Zendel in the game, but as mogyay said that should be a last resort, not an immediate reaction.

Furthermore, this is the first I've heard you say that your motivation for policy lynching was trying to get a rise out of Zendel. If that was the case, why didn't you say that earlier when we first questioned your motives? It sounds like you came up with that as a reason after the fact but really you just wanted him dead for whatever reason. Which is sketchy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

RIP TBT it posted for me 4 times lmao, I edited to take out the redundant posts

Last edited:
No the WotC was true, but that wasn't I brought up to make Zendel mad, that was just in reply to Kat

still stand by my point that bringing up a policy lynch was shady, even if it's not necessarily scummy i think it was unhepful and unnecessary. i will say that i think zendal's reaction made me town lean him though so.. i feel like i often miss the subtleties that other players pick up on though so idk, maybe u had a point ill have to think (thinking is hard when ur tired)

still stand by my point that bringing up a policy lynch was shady, even if it's not necessarily scummy i think it was unhepful and unnecessary. i will say that i think zendal's reaction made me town lean him though so.. i feel like i often miss the subtleties that other players pick up on though so idk, maybe u had a point ill have to think (thinking is hard when ur tired)

@amazonevan: I haven't played on EM in roughly 2 years, so I probably won't know you for a different reason than you thought.

For the record, that's a towncrack if I've ever seen one. Evan's almost certainly town.
I'm pivoting to targeting Sansai for his last post, which as I mentioned is tonally different and just awks compared to his other posts.

So tell me, what about my post on stating my opinion on the 'Zendel lynch' makes you want to think I am scum? How is it different? Please I would love to know.

Back