Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

Oh, okay, nice evasion. Just sweep past the one thing you can't defend yourself against.

But no, I don't. I suppose you've cracked me! All charges are dropped.
I wasn't even asking about Dolby/me in particular. I was asking if you had any thoughts on the game at all besides those first few posts -.-

- - - Post Merge - - -

And besides, idk if you saw my read on you recently, but I still hold by what I townread you there for, and Abe townlocked you for my same exact reasoning. If you were aware of this, what makes Abe's townlocking you and my townread of you there any different?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Zendel besides the wiki (btw http://tbtmafia.wikia.com/wiki/Arstotzkan), here's some other games that prob arent on there that are more recent Ive played a lot of town recently, wow

Town:
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...fia-vengeance-of-the-six-end-town-executioner I was a Citizen here (my Un's SarasaKat)
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...ia-a-song-of-town-and-mafia-game-over-vayatir Citizen
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...9995-mafia-piltover-vs-zaun-game-over-zaunite Vig (was replaced out due to a BS activity policy :lemon: )
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...ia-a-song-of-town-and-mafia-game-over-vayatir Citizen
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...reat-revival-game-over-town-wins?page=44#c869 Doctor

Mafia:
http://www.azurilland.com/forums/ar...ame/537877-mafia-mystical-instincts-town-wins I replaced in as Mafioso, turned GF

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, you in fact made a 3rd post.

I'm actually screaming at the irony of my role.
I don't see mafia talking about their role like this in chat, especially when they have their own quicktopic. If you were maf and thought it was that interesting, I'd imagine you would want to elaborate, and you wouldnt be able to here while you would there, thus making you post that here rather than in the scum QT a pretty strong towntell.

Abe is Endless.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Post glitch

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL welp thanks TBT

After my linking Zendel more games, my next **** is in response to Bowie

Okay, back it up a little here.

I had made only two posts before you, after a mere two posts since the game started, said that you'd **** yourself if I turned out to be scum. The only things I'd posted before then was my extremely vague RQS, and my post about third parties. Two posts from me were gonna make you **** yourself. That is why I'm suspicious of you.

Also, I have no idea who Abe is. I'm just referring to everyone by their usernames at this point. Enlighten me and I'll answer you.

Okay, back it up a little here.

I had made only two posts before you, after a mere two posts since the game started, said that you'd **** yourself if I turned out to be scum. The only things I'd posted before then was my extremely vague RQS, and my post about third parties. Two posts from me were gonna make you **** yourself. That is why I'm suspicious of you.

Also, I have no idea who Abe is. I'm just referring to everyone by their usernames at this point. Enlighten me and I'll answer you.

post glitch fix ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

NICE.

Bowie, its out of order af, but my reply to your post is in post #721 (even though its before,, tbt can work thx)

I'm assuming wb means "wanna bring up", given the context and the fact that she ultimately voted Sensei
Well her vote didn't count anyway because she voted on deadline, if we had more time then maybe I might've voted him but what's been done is done, so idk what to say anymore

It wasn't about my role, though. You all got the same message as me with the flavour text. How was it not obvious I was referring to that rather than my actual role?

Also, I didn't count that since it was pre-game.

Endless Town-locked me later in the game. You did it way too quick for my liking. Anyone Town-leaning with such determination and confidence below the five post mark is just weird to me.

It wasn't about my role, though. You all got the same message as me with the flavour text. How was it not obvious I was referring to that rather than my actual role?

Endless Town-locked me later in the game. You did it way too quick for my liking. Anyone Town-leaning with such determination and confidence below the five post mark is just weird to me.
I was guessing that it was your rolename that was 'ironic'
also pre-game technically shouldn't count but it's too hard to overlook it, it's just not something a first time scum would say

You've already stated that, I'm aware, but it's in terms of your role as in your flavor role (like Yoshi, Samus, ect) in comparison to your alignment. Same thing still applies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also yes, I said it very quickly, but if the same evidence is there no matter what, I'd actually tend to think it's more sus to jump on the bandwagon later bc of changing your mind on past information that had already been talked about (though I do wanna look into if Abe interacted with Bowie at all before his read when I get up, because I don't ever remember him mentioning a townlock).

Alright, party's over, so I'm good to respond to some stuff.

First and foremost, I should address the elephant in the room: my "new play-style." Yeah, it's something that I haven't used much, but I've been making low-effort posts and have been avoiding the thread for a reason. The point of it is to see how others reacted to me playing in such a poor manner, and eventually come out with the information I've gathered here. Think of it as a larger, more drawn out reaction test. I have notes, and I have thoughts, so here we go.

Kermit's vote looks just kinda like something to get my attention. Nothing I want to hit there.

People who are looking specifically at the top-tier players are fools. When those top-tier players end up being Town it's a huge blow to Town, and when they end up being Mafia it does extremely little to glean information about the rest of the team. Wait to take out experienced Mafia until endgame if you really want to take them out. You'll have better information from other, less experienced Mafia by that point.

This rings especially true from Zendel's idea for lynch candidates, when he specifically mentions ONLY some of the most experienced Mafia players in the game for a lynch in myself, Endless, and Dolby. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to go after experienced players specifically, but I think it's a very bad time to do so, for what I just stated in the last paragraph. In fact, Zendel pushing for this lynch so bad makes me believe three things.

1: He's jumping on an easy lynch that people won't necessarily disagree on by putting me in.
2: Is getting people to question the true motives of the more experienced players in myself, Endless, and Dolby.
3: Is once again trying to divert attention to himself.

Look closely at how Zendel has pushed these lynches. It sounds a bit OMGUS'ey, but nobody has pushed me as a lynch candidate as much as Zendel has at this point in the game. Most of the people in the game just sit here and say that I need to be more proactive with my "new play-style" (which I completely understand). Zendel sitting here wanting an actual lynch, which makes be believe that he fears that I would lash out in the future against either him, or some of his Mafia buddies (I'm 100% convinced that he's Mafia at this point with the way he's been going about this).

Now, we have this side of the spectrum in Zendel wanting to push my lynch as much as possible, but there's another side to it. That being amazonevan19, who in #688, stated that if my play-style was meant to be purposeful, then they wanted to stay away from lynching me for the time being. You're probably wondering that if I suspect Zendel so much for wanting to push my lynch (granted, like I've stated before, he's pushing for any experienced player, but I think the point still stands here), why would I suspect amazonevan19 for the complete opposite. The answer is actually quite simple: their reactions to the purposely bad play-style both have scum connotations. In Zendel's case, it's the fear of an experienced playing being able to lash out and get solid information to work against the Mafia. In amazonevan19's case, it's to keep the player with the bad play-style around for as long as possible, with the thought that they're either going to stay inactive, or they're going to become more active, but stick with their bad play-style. Different mindsets, same alignment.

That's what I've got for now, depending on if I'm correct on both of them or not will allow me to change the rest of my notes around, since I've got others ideas in mind that are contingent on me either being correct about these two's alignments, or being incorrect about them. I'll be placing a vote on amazonevan19 for now.

little late but glad you finally came out @cleb

I have to disagree with you a bit on your post tho:

1) A few hours ago I was reminiscing on TBT mafia wiki and I realized that there have been a few games on here that featured the Fool. I had a theory that perhaps you could be a Fool this game, and was purposely playing badly so we'd lynch you and you would win. Now, I didn't get time to fully articulate my thoughts and figure out whether 2 third parties would be a reasonable set up. now, since you just explained that your inactivity was a reaction test I guess that possibility is slightly out the window, but from that viewpoint I can see why amazonevan would want to stay far away from you. Of course, your analysis also makes some logical sense, but...
2) your reads are based off narrow evidence; by that, I mean that you're only looking at how players reacted to situations specific to you and not much else. I don't know how accurate that is, and if you've read amazonevan's towncrack, it sure doesn't sound like scum. I realize the example i mentioned is also slightly contradictory to this entire point (since essentially townleaning amazon over a towncrack could classify as narrow evidence too) but, if you look at amazon or zendel as a whole, do your reads on them remain the same?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh today I really wanted to get down to the GF's thing but you made a good point on it. I gotta run for a bit but I'll give it some thought

Since I'm heavily pressed for time, and I may not post again after this before EoD, I want to clear some air.

I'm R.O.B., a villager - I'm currently up as a lynch target, and I want to make it apparent that in the event that town does decide to lynch me, the only negative aspect would be losing my current rather poor play.

Cleb's "coming out post" is an example of incredibly horrific play. I'd like to think he's mafia for it, but I dunno, I still don't think he really classifies for the 'godfather' position. I don't think play that poor actually dictates he's mafia.
His push on amazonevan is, as Karen(kermit) already brought up, incredibly situational and pales in comparison to the logic presented for why he's town.
His push on Zendel is just brain bogglingly invalid. If Zendel was worried about pushing Cleb because of the ostensible backlash, then why on earth would he be pushing Dolby and I right now?
If Cleb is actually town, then his reading method is self-obsorbed and pretty poor.
I'm gonna slot him in at orange with Dolby and Sansai.

If I see a single other person come out of the woodwork and claim that I'm pushing newer players because they're easier lynches, then please reread literally, literally any game I've played. I spend way more of my time pushing newer players than I do pushing "experienced" players, because that's where the information is at. I'm reeling in on Sansai specifically because I don't know if I went to far in that particular case.
The thing that's making me even more hesitant on Sansai is instead of saying "I think Endless is mafia" he said "I don't like Endless".
This implies that rather than being put into a poor position he's actually irritated/angry at my behaviour and that's making my ability to read him super cloudy.

As for not lynching good players because lynching newer players provide more content: A myth.
I recall stating any number of times that I prefer to be lynched over nonsensical lynch and today I'm presenting that I practice what I preach.
If the lynch is put into a position where you really don't know who to lynch, which I think is unlikely considering the support for a me lynch, then it's preferable to lynch me over someone that hasn't claimed.
That being said, I would greatly appreciate a Dolby lynch or a Cleb lynch at this stage. I'm going to place my vote on Dolby.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: To clarify, I don't really want a Sansai lynch. (Despite the fact that Bowie's already voted in that direction)
I feel like I went overboard, and if I want to discern his alignment, if I observe him naturally for a while longer, I'll have a much better idea of his role. Whereas the same cannot be said for the two I mentioned.

Now, we have this side of the spectrum in Zendel wanting to push my lynch as much as possible, but there's another side to it. That being amazonevan19, who in #688, stated that if my play-style was meant to be purposeful, then they wanted to stay away from lynching me for the time being. You're probably wondering that if I suspect Zendel so much for wanting to push my lynch (granted, like I've stated before, he's pushing for any experienced player, but I think the point still stands here), why would I suspect amazonevan19 for the complete opposite. The answer is actually quite simple: their reactions to the purposely bad play-style both have scum connotations. In Zendel's case, it's the fear of an experienced playing being able to lash out and get solid information to work against the Mafia. In amazonevan19's case, it's to keep the player with the bad play-style around for as long as possible, with the thought that they're either going to stay inactive, or they're going to become more active, but stick with their bad play-style. Different mindsets, same alignment.

That's what I've got for now, depending on if I'm correct on both of them or not will allow me to change the rest of my notes around, since I've got others ideas in mind that are contingent on me either being correct about these two's alignments, or being incorrect about them. I'll be placing a vote on amazonevan19 for now.

See, the issue with this analysis is that I earlier in the thread (too lazy to cite specific post, it was a while ago) stated the theory that you could be a joker role. That is why I said I wouldn't want to lynch you...because if your playstyle was indicative of you trying to cause as much chaos or confusion as possible in order to get lynched to win, then we obviously shouldn't kill you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Re: Endless, ok now you have claimed. Which is nice, except Smash bros has a 58 character roster, and we have 15 players. So it'd be relatively easy for you to pick a character out of the hat and claim to be a powerless townie.

Now that'd screw scum!Endless if he claimed the same role someone else actually has though, but mathematically you stand a decent chance (12/58, or only a 20.7% chance of there being another R.O.B., 12 because I'm not counting the three revealed roles that aren't R.O.B.)

Still, the fact you have claimed now does lend a dose of credibility in your favor. I'll have to keep further tabs on this thread before possibly changing my vote

What kind of party was it Cleb?
Anyhow, I'm with you on the Zendel thing completely, I actually really want to lynch him today but everyone's going their own way so idk, but the Evan bit is a bit of a stretch as Karen/Endless pointed out, I think a coloured list would be good from you just to get an idea on your opinion on everyone but knowing you it's probably a no lmao.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Evan scum usually get safe claims on TBT to use. I stopped for a second though when I read that bc in the previous Smash Bros mafia I was R.O.B., a mafia goon so that's interesting. idk if Endless was scum I'd feel like he would've picked at least a less sketchier sounding role name? Character meta is terrible to use though. Lowkey feel like he's telling the truth but that emotion and 'lynch me if you have to' is really out of character for someone like him

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually yeah scratch that villager was a serial killer lmfao

@amazon; dang I must've missed the post where you said that. But same thoughts here on what Cleb could've been assuming joker = fool (sounds the same; get lynched to win)
Also, mafia get safe claims on here. It's been like that for all if not most past games so I wouldn't peg this one to be any different. So if endless is scum, he didn't randomly pick that name out, it would be given to him by the host.

- - - Post Merge - - -

jk I got ninja'd as I was typing

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok the thing that sticks out to me about endless' post is how he says the only negative aspect if he gets lynched is that we lose his poor play. that's not the case @endless bcuz if you're telling the truth, mislynching you reduces our numbers and helps maf win quicker.

the thing that sticks out to me about endless' post is how he says the only negative aspect if he gets lynched is that we lose his poor play. that's not the case @endless bcuz if you're telling the truth, mislynching you reduces our numbers and helps maf win quicker.
I try to avoid stating the obvious.

@Heyden Not "lynch me if you have to", "if this becomes a cluster**** then a me lynch is better than a random lynch".
I'm by no means advocating a lynch on me.
That seems like dumb play regardless of alignment.

Been reflecting on Sansai and I low-key think Dolby is mafia that's pocketing him, indicating that he's town.

Wish I had the time to present a case on Dolby, but I don't.

I try to avoid stating the obvious.

@Heyden Not "lynch me if you have to", "if this becomes a cluster**** then a me lynch is better than a random lynch".
I'm by no means advocating a lynch on me.
That seems like dumb play regardless of alignment.

Been reflecting on Sansai and I low-key think Dolby is mafia that's pocketing him, indicating that he's town.

Wish I had the time to present a case on Dolby, but I don't.
I know you're busy but could we get an updated colour list on everyone? Don't need reasoning, just curious where you stand atm besides Dolby being a red.

So Abe claimed town?

What the actual goose is this? I wish my Dolby/Abe partnership was right and I don't know if I should just discredit it though, when I was playing as mafia we got safe claims so I think maybe the scum team may have got one during the night phase (which is when my scum team got ours in SU Mafia Game). Does the scum team usually get safe claims at night or can the host give them their safe claims whenever?

Just woke up (I know it's 12:48pm, I'm bad) and I will be reading up on Kat's past games soon. :blush:

Back