• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

home loan glitched??

candxur

vegan trash
Bells
Switch
8399-8164-2698
Island
Redwoods
so I'm going about the normal paying off home loan stuff, spoke to nook, told him I wanna expand, TT to the next day, went to speak to him again so I could go pay off the next one and he says my loan comes to a total of '0 bells', and when I spoke to him again I got the option to expand

I just got an expansion for free??

I don't know what I did??

not that I'm complaining..

omg congrats

finally for once tom nook gets what he deserves for overcharging for house expansions :')

Did your house expand? I've seen screen shots of this, but I though they were hacked. Maybe it just happens sometimes...

Well, that's great! Hopefully it wasn't a cheap expansion.
In that case, I wish it would happen to me.

The opposite happened to me once!!

I started a new town - paid the first 10K.
Paid the next 39k.
Talk to Tortimer.
Next loan - 98k.
Pay it off.
"I've paid my home loan!" Fist on the air!

Then IRL I had to leave town for a few days.

I get back - I talk to Nook - he says I still owe him 98,000 bells.
Say what?!?!
Are you kidding me!?!?!

I had to pay the 98,000 a second time. I have no idea why. I did not hack. This was not a hacked copy.
I saved my game just like always.

To this day I'm cautious and wary of Nook. I still have no idea what happened.

So - congrats on your free home loan!
Maybe the neighborhood value increased and it lowered your house payments lol :blush:

I don't think I've ever gotten a loan paid for free, but I do know that by going through some complicated series of time traveling events involving you paying off your loan, you can make Nook say that your loan is 0 bells without hacking. I've done it before in towns that I heavily time traveled in.

Back