• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fresh Dish Ideas For Summer?

pinkcotton

Pray For The Wicked
Bells
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Lily
White Rose
White Tulip
White Cosmos
So it hit over 100 degrees where I live, and there's no sign of it cooling down! I keep fresh by swimming and staying all day in my air conditioned room, but it's a different story when it's time to eat.

What are some fresh dishes? Here's what I have so far.

- Ceviche
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Sushi
- Tuna Sandwich

Cold salads! Pasta salad for example. :) You can make it as healthy as you want and it helps fill you up to keeps you cool.

I was just about to suggest pasta salad! Lmao.

Fresh fruit are good! I keep my peaches, kiwis, etc in the fridge so they're supe cold when I'm ready to eat them!

A twist on shrimp cocktail, I enjoy Mexican shrimp cocktail called Coctel De Camarones it's very limey and has avocado and tomato and cucumber. I make mine with some Clamato and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour then eat it with Saltines. It's super yummy and refreshing and I crave it EVERY time it's hot.

A twist on shrimp cocktail, I enjoy Mexican shrimp cocktail called Coctel De Camarones it's very limey and has avocado and tomato and cucumber. I make mine with some Clamato and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour then eat it with Saltines. It's super yummy and refreshing and I crave it EVERY time it's hot.

Hah, you explained EXACTLY what I ate today! Clamato and everything. :)

Hah, you explained EXACTLY what I ate today! Clamato and everything. :)

It's SO good! A local restaurant makes it the best, but I like making it at home too because then I can eat more of it.

Also even though it's not a "food" blended drinks are always a must for me during summer, nothing beats them! My favorite is a pinacolada, which can easily be made "virgin" you can even just buy the mixer that has no booze in it and blend it with ice, super simple, super yummy. Of course all fruity drinks are super refreshing and help cool me off.

I can't know that feel cause I live in cornfield Ohio and it usually only gets up to the mid-80s in the summer, but I can tell ya this: you can never go wrong with a plate of cornchips and some spicy queso. :rolleyes:

Those small "sliders" burgers with your own guacamole sauce and pickled red onion. Perfect if you have a tiny tum like me and just want something small to eat.

You can use veggie burgers or your alternative of choice to put in them breads too if you want of course ^^

Summer squash gratin! Just made some today. Yuuuuummmmm.

Also: sunomono! It's a japanese cucumber salad that's delicious and super easy to make.

I work in produce and guacamole is really in right now. We can't keep avocados in stock, same with cilantro and tomatoes. Make some nice yummy guac and use it on tortillas or eat it with veggies.

I have been eating lots of mango, kiwi, banana, berries and nuts. all of it in a bowl together chilled is very good and the nuts add a needed fattty-ness to the "salad"

also if you decide to use my guac idea, lemons and limes are wonderful to use to stop the guac from turning brown.

ohohohohohohohooh and we sell these pre made salad bowls.

but make them fresh instead! use cold chopped chicken by oscar meyer (or boars head they're magnificent) bolthouse ranches or salad dressings, spinach, baby kale, and shredded carrots, and cold hard boiled eggs... sooo good.
corn also adds a sweet touch to salads, YUMMMMY

- - - Post Merge - - -

the corpses of your enemies

U HAVE NO CHILL

i love it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Summer squash gratin! Just made some today. Yuuuuummmmm.

Also: sunomono! It's a japanese cucumber salad that's delicious and super easy to make.

this woman came into produce section and kept trying to get me to look for english cucumbers for a tomato cucumber salad

i guess her daughter was gonna kill her if she didnt make it

hopefully she is alive lol.

filipino fruit salad [x]

it's sooo hot and humid whenever i visit family in the philippines
& the fruit salad is my fav part of the family get together meals
so sweet

watermelon!!!! or just eating iceberg lettuce, that helps cool me off. a lot of the recommended foods sound so yummy!!

I think any kind of cold sandwich is great for hot days! My favorite is a turkey sub with some mayo, lettuce, and lots of banana peppers. There's a lot of light-sauce pastas you could do, and of course, salads are always a great idea. Caesar salad is totally my favorite summer food! :)

I think any kind of cold sandwich is great for hot days! My favorite is a turkey sub with some mayo, lettuce, and lots of banana peppers. There's a lot of light-sauce pastas you could do, and of course, salads are always a great idea. Caesar salad is totally my favorite summer food! :)

Caesar salad is totally great in the summer, I love loading mine with sweet bay shrimp and going to town!

Back