• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite 2000a R&B, Hip-hop, or rap song?

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have too many favorites.

I love bossy by Kelis and so sick by ne-yo

don't give a huge list just maybe one or two?:)

Okay since 2000-2004 and 2005-2009 are so vastly different sound-wise

Fave 2000-2004: Over and Over by Nelly and Tim McGraw. Literally HOW iconic is this song? I haven't even ever heard a song by Tim McGraw in my whole life but knowing that he and Nelly created an absolute bop together still shakes me to this very day

Fave 2005-2009: Definitely Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston. It was between this and Kiss Me Thru the Phone by Soulja Boy. They are both great but Mr. Kingston deserves props for creating a song that makes me both feel bad for his in-song lady situation while also wondering why he has such disdain for beautiful women. Very catchy and just good tho.

Kiss Me Thru The Phone is lit man omg

ERRYBODY IN THA CLUB GETTIN TIPSY

Legit every single morning, eating breakfast with MTV on, this would be on every single morning before I went to school. EVERY SINGLE MORNING. For like the whole year.

I was never a huge HipHop R&B person but I agree that Over and Over was iconic! Like I read the title and it started playing in my head even though I haven't heard it in a really long time.

DIS IS THE REMIX TO IGNITION, POPPIN FRESH OUT DA KICHEN!

Okay since 2000-2004 and 2005-2009 are so vastly different sound-wise

Agreed! Literally anything Lil John or T-Pain did, or any song that generated a specific dance was good. I really can't narrow it down (this was my heyday), but I'll only put a few faves... and by a few, I mean 7 ;_;

"Ms. Jackson" - Outkast (2000), "Drop it Like it's Hot" - Snoop (2004) (y'all playing if you forgot about this song), "Lose Control" - Missy Elliott (2005), "It's Going Down" - Yung Joc (2006), "My Drink n My 2 Step"- Cassidy (2007), "Buy U a Drank" - T-Pain (2007), "A Milli" - Lil Wayne (2008)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I FORGOT DUFFLE BAG BOY (explicit)

the ones i posted arent even my faves but i listened to bossy that day and same w so sick lul

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ride Wit Me was also iconic.
Basically if it made it onto "Now That's What I Call Music" it was a straight bop.

lmao this girl i used to be friends with started collecting the early ones for the good 2000s songs. i bought her one at walmart lol dont remember which one i got though

None really.. Worst kinda genre/years together with dance/techno, and portuguese old people music from the 80s-90s so yeah no.

Oh definitely drop it like it's hot snoop dog

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, literally everything velvete said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYMaSoXQUM

I JUST NOTICED HES DANCING IN AN EMPTY POOL

- - - Post Merge - - -

Agreed! Literally anything Lil John or T-Pain did, or any song that generated a specific dance was good. I really can't narrow it down (this was my heyday), but I'll only put a few faves... and by a few, I mean 7 ;_;

"Ms. Jackson" - Outkast (2000), "Drop it Like it's Hot" - Snoop (2004) (y'all playing if you forgot about this song), "Lose Control" - Missy Elliott (2005), "It's Going Down" - Yung Joc (2006), "My Drink n My 2 Step"- Cassidy (2007), "Buy U a Drank" - T-Pain (2007), "A Milli" - Lil Wayne (2008)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I FORGOT DUFFLE BAG BOY (explicit)

ive never heard duffle bag boy now im so sad where has it been my whole life??? weezy has thousands of songs though that have yet to be heard by me and millions so im not surprised

Back