• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I Can't Make Up My Mind!

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
White Pansy
Deirdre suggested a Wisteria Trellis, which I've never had as a PwP in any town ever before. I know where I want it (actually, I'm building two :p ) but I keep flip-flopping between what I want on the other end of it. Like,

Right now I have a path leading straight up through the trellis that ends with a character house. This character will be like an herbalist/alchemist. However, i'm not 100% sure I like how close her house is to the last trellis, and I can't really move it back or forward a space because then it's either too close to the house or too close to the other trellis.

Here's option #1:

WisteriaTrellis1.jpg

Purple squares are the two trellises (they may not be that close together, I wasn't in-game to check spacing when I added them to the map, but they are both in that line there in game)

Black square is a rock.

Orange squares represent the space in front of the campground entrance.

I was thinking I wanted to plant trees and a lot of foliage near this house, but I was concerned by how close the trellis will be that it might be -too- close to be very aesthetically pleasing.

WisteriaTrellis2.jpg

Option 2 moves the house over here (it'll fit, i use this spot for the same house while plot resetting villagers) and leaves that aqua area open for something else, another pwp or trees or whatever (i don't have any ideas yet lol). The house is then just really close to the campground. I was already planning to try and hide as much of the campground entrance as I can, maybe leaving just a single smaller path leading to it, but idk yet.

What do y'all creative kids think?

Whenever I'm not sure if I want a pwp or to put it in some place, I normally just do it anyway and test the waters. Sometimes it grows on me and I like it, other times I realize it can be better utilized and I destroy it. I have my trellis set up near a river, sort of like it's a fishing shack.

I don't have any qr designs yet, but eventually it'll look like one of those Ye'olde fishing shack. I think you should just test your two different ideas out over time. Or test the one that you're more set on and see how you feel about it within the course of a week/month.

Sometimes you can't tell just by imagining how it would look. Sometimes it helps to just go for it and see the results over time.

Whenever I'm not sure if I want a pwp or to put it in some place, I normally just do it anyway and test the waters. Sometimes it grows on me and I like it, other times I realize it can be better utilized and I destroy it. I have my trellis set up near a river, sort of like it's a fishing shack.

I don't have any qr designs yet, but eventually it'll look like one of those Ye'olde fishing shack. I think you should just test your two different ideas out over time. Or test the one that you're more set on and see how you feel about it within the course of a week/month.

Sometimes you can't tell just by imagining how it would look. Sometimes it helps to just go for it and see the results over time.

I wasted no time in building the first trellis, lol, but the house itself is still a tent and the second trellis is in the process of being built. I was hoping to make a decision before I start building the house up, but I think your suggestion is the best idea. I'll see how it looks once the second trellis is built, though i might be leaning more towards option #2.

Also, a Ye'olde fishing shack is the cutest and most unique use of a trellis (or anything in acnl really) I've ever heard of in this game :O I hope i can see images when it's done!

I like option 2, and in the open space you should put a hot spring c;

If I am lucky enough to get one, that would be a great spot for it! Thank you! I was actually thinking about the pwps I want and trying to figure out where each one should go, and the hot spring was actually one I was the most unsure of xD

I'm pretty sure that the trellises will need 1 dead space surrounding each of them (so 2 rows of dead space total instead of one) meaning that option 2 is definitely going to be better if you don't want the trellis to be too close to the house

I went with option 2 for now c: And - the way the trellises are shown on the map isn't accurate, as I added them to the map after I'd closed the game. Both of them were able to be placed along that line even with the house already there, but aesthetically I didn't like it being so close to the house front. So far I think I will like option 2 much better, y'all have lovely ideas ;)

Yeah I agree with you choosing option 2! That way you can do something neat with the open area, picnic maybe? or small orchard?

Back