• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

give me encouragement! (what keeps you going?)

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
plot resetting.

i've been going at it for so long (hours and hours since 6 am bc i'm an early riser) and fang isn't taking either of the two spots i marked for him- he keeps finding the places i accidentally forgot to plot over! :,)

this is insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results- amirite?

what keeps you going when you just want to stop the plot reset cycle? :blush:

I set paths down every other space. It's hard work , but the villagers I plot reset never wander from where I planned their houses. Go from the top of the map to the bottom setting squares.

I kept resetting for hours to get Fuchsia in the spot I wanted, I was going to give up on the 50th try, but I thought that I wanted my town the way I liked, and to get where I wanted I had to get Fuchsia, so I kept going and 5 tries after, there she was!
It feels satisfying, really

plot resetting.

i've been going at it for so long (hours and hours since 6 am bc i'm an early riser) and fang isn't taking either of the two spots i marked for him- he keeps finding the places i accidentally forgot to plot over! :,)

this is insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results- amirite?

what keeps you going when you just want to stop the plot reset cycle? :blush:

Sometimes it isn't insanity, sometimes it's persistence...because you know you can get a different result.

I remember having to reset over a hundred times over the course of 3 days to get Willow to move into the spot I wanted her in in my second town, Cardamon. It's a huge pain, but you get to see their perfect house placement (and you'll be able to landscape around their house however you want) for as long as they're in your town. It's a pain, but I still think it's worth it.

plot-resetting is such a pain for me, especially when the villager refuses to go where i want.

what keeps me going is my desire to have a decent-looking town. i don't want the villager in any other spot, so i keep going and going, and eventually, the villager does find its way to where i want.

it's time-consuming, but if you get too frustrated or overwhelmed, you can always take a break and come back to it later

When you get them into the exact spot you want - there is no greater feeling of satisfaction.

I'm trying to estimate how many times I've plot reset and my current estimate is over 50.
9 times out of 10 I've taken the time to get the villager in the exact spot.

And of all those times I've reset the villager is still there in my town, living happily ever after - even 2 years later for some of them!

It's worth it. Keep going.

Just remember that you can always TT to before 6am and put in more paths if you need to block another area.
Plot placements are tricky sometimes!

Good luck. Truly!

This happened to me with Carmen in one of my towns. She would not go to the one spot I left open for her. At. All. I even tried cycling her out with another villager (i have her amiibo card so I could invite her back) but both the new villager and Carmen refused to plop down anywhere else. I later discovered this was because I already had too many villager houses in the acre I wanted her to go, so no villager would go there no matter what. That could be your problem. Somehow I went four years without ever realizing you can only have 3 houses/buildings per acre x_x

As for what keeps me going now that I know this, just the satisfaction of having the houses how I want. I make plans on a gridded map before I start working on things, so now I know I can only plot 3 or less villagers per acre, which helps. I plot reset my dreamies for Llothien for 2 days, but they are all exactly where I wanted them now, so it feels worth it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure with the new update you can put patterns in spots where you don't want your villagers to move. It's tedious but efficient

Just remember that you can always TT to before 6am and put in more paths if you need to block another area.
Plot placements are tricky sometimes!

Good luck. Truly!

Can you, or anyone, explain this to me? I know how to plot reset, I usually do the entire loading up pre-6am on my mayor, saving, then making a new character post 6am. But I never realized I could actually go back and place more patterns down once I've already TT'd. Like, i guess i don't need it explained lol. I'm just sitting here like, "Wow, duh Ash..." That would have saved me so much time xD

you can set the 3DS clock one day back, then load up your game with your mayor and it will yesterday (as in NO plot will be placed). cover up the spots you forgot to pattern over.

then use the 3DS clock again to go forward a day. choose new character and continue plot setting as usual ^^

I do this all the time to speed up plot resetting. otherwise it's painful lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure with the new update you can put patterns in spots where you don't want your villagers to move. It's tedious but efficient

You're not wrong. But they'll ignore the patterns if there's no other appropriate spot open for them. Even if there is a spot, but it's in an acre with 3 buildings already ;n;

- - - Post Merge - - -

you can set the 3DS clock one day back, then load up your game with your mayor and it will yesterday (as in NO plot will be placed). cover up the spots you forgot to pattern over.

then use the 3DS clock again to go forward a day. choose new character and continue plot setting as usual ^^

I do this all the time to speed up plot resetting. otherwise it's painful lol

Thank you!

What kept me going was being stubborn and having a good vision. And thinking about villagers I don't like moving in lol.

"this is insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results- amirite?"
At least, with old Albert, you're in good company.

thank you so much for your (and other people's) kind words of encouragement!!! :blush: i appreciate it a lot!

i thought about going back in time to patch over the two spots i missed that he keeps plotting on endlessly, but i read somewhere that time traveling backwards still counts as moving a day, and it'll get me stuck with whatever plot decides to save. have you done this yourself (aka can you confirm hehe)?

thank youuu! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This happened to me with Carmen in one of my towns. She would not go to the one spot I left open for her. At. All. I even tried cycling her out with another villager (i have her amiibo card so I could invite her back) but both the new villager and Carmen refused to plop down anywhere else. I later discovered this was because I already had too many villager houses in the acre I wanted her to go, so no villager would go there no matter what. That could be your problem. Somehow I went four years without ever realizing you can only have 3 houses/buildings per acre x_x

oooh thanks for the info- i'd heard vaguely of that rule before, but i never really understood it! unfortunately, that's not what the problem is, i guess, because the two plots i left for fang are alone in their own acre, so wouldn't be a problem :\

but thank you so so much for that tip! it'll definitely help me in the future :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

and oop thank you so much to dewy and hhoney for explaining the backwards tt thing for me!! sorry for being all confused about it still above- i was replying as i read hehe

thank you to everyone! i'm going to tt and see how it goes ;)

it's done!!! hours of work and fang has plotted perfectly! i've never felt so happy in my life hehehe :blush:

Good job! My Fang plotted on the wrong spot. XP
At least he isn't my dreamie.

Back