• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The best decade?

Best decade bruh?

• '00s

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • '10s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '20s

• '30s

• '40s

• '50s

• '60s

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • '70s

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • '80s

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • '90s

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • '00s

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • '10s

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's important we strive to make this decade the best decade. Looking back is never a good thing. Take elements from the past, and, most importantly, learn from the past. Gay marriage didn't used to be legal, black people worked as slaves, and there were fewer cures for serious illnesses which we have found a way (or are progressing) to now.

So, with that being said, the '10s are the best decade. The current decade will always be better for me. Regardless of any horrible things that happen to me at any time, at least I'll be able to say that, in a universal way, life is improving. That is held in the highest regard, for me.

I say the '90s, with the '80s being a close second, largely because of music.:) In my life, I've only lived through the 2000s and now 2010s, but I would have to say that despite the fact that I will have more memory of the 2010s, not much will beat the late 2000s for me despite the recession.
That also being said, people will regard the '70s as a time of malaise.

I'll have to go with 00's, purely because I didn't experience anything earlier.

90's like strictly based on that being the height of my life, before everything got awful.
Loved the music, the vibes, the fashion, it was all great.

Mmm. I would have to agree with Bowie. I just think in terms of freedom of self and expression, this is the easiest era to live in without being persecuted or killed. I mean I can be a queer genderfluid witch pretty openly and no one wants to kill me. ^^

Last edited:
60s/70s because of all the peace and love stuff and people fighting and trying to make the world better.

Obviously I'm not that old sadly so for yself.. 2010's I guess idk I don't think any period has been good for me except later years so yeah.

I said the 00's because I loved my childhood and it felt like I could do whatever I wanted with my life. I miss those summer nights.

The best decade of my life -- 2000-2009. So many nostalgic memories.

The best decade(s) in my opinion -- the 90s and the early 2000s. The music and TV shows and movies were all just so *Italian fingers*

In terms of my life: 00s
In late 2007 things changed drastically and got much darker, but before that it was really enjoyable.

In terms of (pop) music: 60s and 70s.
It'd be hard for me to pick between the two, but no other decade has anything on these two musically. I wish that weren't the case.

In terms of video games: Not so simple.
00s is what I'd probably say by default. However, the last half of the decade was not good for video games, for the most part, IMO. The era of the Wii, Animal Crossing City Folk, ew. The early 00s were soooo good, though.

Last edited:
i meant 2000's but i wasnt paying attention so i clicked 1900s omg
ye i enjoyed the 2000's cause i was a youngun and had nooooooo careeeeeees

there was a time when i'd definitely say the 50's, 60's, or 90's because of the aesthetic and general vibe of the decades, but now that i've gotten older and understand more about history, i feel like i have to say the 2010s- i'd like to think we're slowly on an uphill trend.

even though people trash our current decade because (as i live in the usa) of our president and how race-related hate crimes and bigotry are everywhere, i feel like it's no different from before. people have always been this hateful- it's just with the help of social media and a 24-hour news media cycle that makes us more informed of all the awful things happening. there is no more or less racism and ignorance than before.

yikes, that was negative! but my point is, we certainly haven't gotten worse over time, so i'd like to think we've gotten better! each subsequent generation is more and more liberal and open-minded, and i have hope for the future!

'00s. I had a lot of drama during that time period but it was nice to be unaware of the **** that goes on in this world. It's just depressing to me.

I really enjoyed the early 2000s. They had the best toys imo and the internet was slowly becoming a thing. I have the best memories of that time period.

I think it's important we strive to make this decade the best decade. Looking back is never a good thing. Take elements from the past, and, most importantly, learn from the past. Gay marriage didn't used to be legal, black people worked as slaves, and there were fewer cures for serious illnesses which we have found a way (or are progressing) to now.

So, with that being said, the '10s are the best decade. The current decade will always be better for me. Regardless of any horrible things that happen to me at any time, at least I'll be able to say that, in a universal way, life is improving. That is held in the highest regard, for me.

As he said , i think that even if past years have been different at some aspects , such as media (TV , Movies) or entretainment of any kind , decades ago society had a wrong way of think , the more old we ago on the decades , the worse things get.

And as Bowie said , the best decade will be the current one we live in , because society is more open-minded unlinke the decades ago.

Back