• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Aloha, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
Who's hyped for Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? The hype continues for gen 7!

Not me. Slap on an extra word and one or two new Pok?mon inspired by battery packs and ice cream and it seems like you've got a whole new game.

More creativity has been poured in by fan games. And I think that says a lot.

Not me. Slap on an extra word and one or two new Pok?mon inspired by battery packs and ice cream and it seems like you've got a whole new game.

I feel like Sun and Moon are incomplete and default. If you noticed in the game At the end of Ula'ula Island seemed to be rushed and all of Poni island looked like it was unfinished and rushed through. Also the character customization was lazy and uninteresting. It seemed like so much was taken out of Sun & Moon. Hopefully Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will put more story into Poni island.

As long as they stop supervising the GTS/WT etc. and let people jav a blast.. fine. And they remove all that holding hands wherever you go.

And probably most important of all, I hope they are open about the slowing down on older 3ds consoles. Or just make it for the New ones only, or wait they won't do that because then will lose all the sales and get angry people on them forcing people to upgrade. Just downgrade your game then.

I mean at least they were open about Xenoblades and this Fire Emblem thing coming to Japan, but then they are more niche series anyways compared to Pok?mon.

Pok?mon Sun and Moon were set for sequels from the very beginning, many features were left out intentionally throughout the game and they were most likely always going to appear in their respective sequels. It's a technique by companies to get more sales in later games.

Things I would like to see/expect to see:

- Pok?mon following trainers, it was taken out of Sun and Moon because they most likely wanted to add it in to the sequels to make more people buy it. People have wanted this feature to be permanent since HG and SS, so why not add it to the sequels and it was likely taken out to make the sequels look different from their predecessors which = more Sales!!!

- Fossil Pokemon, Hawaiian themed fossil Pok?mon would be nice! I have also always wanted a Spinosaurus (or any Spinosauridae), Parasaurolophus (or any Hadrosaurid really) or a Therizinosaurus for a very long time so it would be fabulous to see them added to the games. I would be happy with any Pok?mon due to their absence in Sun and Moon.

- More Customization for clothes, hair, eyes & jewellery.

- More complex after game storyline, it would be nice to see something similar to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's after game storyline for the after game because while the Ultra Beasts are interesting, making the after game solely about them is lacklustre and gets boring fast. ALSO! I hate Looker sometimes.

- Gyms are likely going to be in these games as the League system began construction in Sun and Moon.

- Difficulty setting, I thought Sun and Moon were harder than X/Y and OR/AS which isn't really saying much but it is clear that Game Freak had us in mind this time around. It's hard to balance the appeal between newer players and older players, we are older and more experienced while younger audiences find the games difficult even with the in game assistance. So the solution would be a difficulty setting, hacks are available to make the games harder which is nice but this feature should really be added to the games.

Easy: Your Pok?mon team should be around level 50 - 60 when you reach the elite four. Each member has 3 Pok?mon. Champion has 4 Pok?mon.

Normal: Your Pok?mon team should be around level 60 - 70 when you reach the elite four. Each member has 4 Pok?mon. Champion has 5 Pok?mon.

Hard: Your Pok?mon team should be around level 70 - 80 when you reach the elite four. Each member has 5 Pok?mon. Champion has 6 Pok?mon.

- Get rid of the Festival Plaza and give me back the PSS!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah bring back the PSS, I hate the Plaza.

Not a fan of difficulties since this E4 was pretty annoying, I just did it with some random lv. 100 Pok?mon randomly loafing around because I don't give a **** about iv/ev and stuff :/

Yeah bring back the PSS, I hate the Plaza.

Not a fan of difficulties since this E4 was pretty annoying, I just did it with some random lv. 100 Pok?mon randomly loafing around because I don't give a **** about iv/ev and stuff :/

Hala, Olivia and Kahili were actually quite a challenge, I wasn't expecting it. :eek:

I haven't played the games in a while (months) and I've only completed the game once so my memory is a little rusty, I started over recently so I can experience it all over again, lovely.

Wish they'd make the Alola Pok?dex less diverse, do they know how much time and effort it even takes to get half of them due to the bad post-game they made? -_-

To be honest, I'm really not. I've never been less excited for the release of a Pokemon mainline game in my entire life (third versions Gen III and beyond aside). Sun/Moon were very disappointing games. I'd rather they have done a Diamond/Pearl remake or something else instead of Alola again.

I'm not at all. I didn't get Sun and Moon and based on what people are saying about it, I'm glad I didn't.

I hope they make these games not rushed and so easy. That's my main problem with XY and Sun and Moon.

Have we even gotten any more new info on them the past month?

I'm not at all. I didn't get Sun and Moon and based on what people are saying about it, I'm glad I didn't.

I hope they make these games not rushed and so easy. That's my main problem with XY and Sun and Moon.

I think the bad news is that all of out future Pokemon games will eventually follow the trend Sun/Moon and X/Y has. And Game Freak is reluctant to going backwards in this process.

Future features:

- The best move when fighting a Pokemon has a flashing highlight around it.
- The best Pokemon when drawing out a new one is highlighted.
- Your helper tells you exactly what to do rather than suggest where to go.
- When your Pokemon is weak, you get a popup notification, telling you that it's time to heal or withdraw.
- If you turned off yout game while in-battle, a Resetti-like character will chew you out for "cheating".
- When you're about to approach a trainer battle, your helper character tells you what Pokemon you should use.
- When the wild Pokemon is weak, you get a popup notification, asking you to catch the Pokemon.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm really not. I've never been less excited for the release of a Pokemon mainline game in my entire life (third versions Gen III and beyond aside). Sun/Moon were very disappointing games. I'd rather they have done a Diamond/Pearl remake or something else instead of Alola again.
A lot of people got their hopes up for D/P remake or Stars to switch but that's their fault lol.

As long as we still have Rotomdex, yeah. I know a lot of people found it annoying but I thought it was cute

As long as we still have Rotomdex, yeah. I know a lot of people found it annoying but I thought it was cute

Yes I love that feature, I've never seen any backlash for it though? That's weird...

Rotom is awesome. It's meant to be hyperactive and mischievous but that's what I like about him.

Yes I love that feature, I've never seen any backlash for it though? That's weird...

There was a lot when the game first came out iirc. Mainly calling him annoying. This may have been more of a reddit thing though, since I haven't seen much backlash here or on tumblr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back