• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Aloha, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am excited, but I mean, we just had Sun and Moon. I'd way rather get a new animal crossing game 'cause we haven't had one since 2013, but no, need to release all the gen 7 and maybe even gen 8 pokemon games before that can happen :( Pokemon is a more popular game than ac but ac players are more likely to buy new consoles to get those ac games, so I suppose they can't put it off much longer, but as far as I can see, pokemon ultra sun and moon is just gonna postpone the time it takes to get a new ac game

The only part of Sun and Moon I liked was the Festival Plaza. It is an easy way to get some of the expensive accessories and I like trading Pok?mon. I never even beat the main story because all of the trials were really easy and I got bored of it. BW2 didn't change that much and I don't think Ultra Sun/ Moon will be much different either. I liked Emerald as a new story because it let you battle Team Magma and Aqua and it had an awesome Battle Frontier area after beating the main game.

Festival Plaza was pretty convenient and even somewhat enjoyable once you put a little effort into ranking up. EV training and leveling up pokemon has never been this easy!

I don't know much about Ultra S/M, but I'm hoping it will be a sequel. I really loved Moon... It's the first pokemon game where I actually could remember the story and characters. As much as I enjoyed X, I can't remember the plot or characters to save my life. I can't remember AS either

I thought that Lillie and Gladeon were the most interesting Pokemon characters that they have introduced so far.
It was super compelling because of what they went through and their mother being so intense and I found that way more memorable than any previous storyline.
Also I loved the Pok?mon. I just didn't like some of the regional variants.
Alola Geodude and Alolan Digletts were....... very stupid.

Honestly not really?
I haven't actually finished a pokemon game since X and Y (although I've gotten and started pretty much all of them)
I finally got around to playing ORAS and I think I'll finish it considering it's my favourite generation but i still find it ridiculously easy

Don't get me wrong, Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood. I can't even begin to count how many times i've replayed pokemon emerald, ruby, sapphire, diamond, and soul silver (hint: several dozens)

I get how Nintendo wants to broaden their market and have new people get into the franchise, but ***** these games are way too easy now. I get bored halfway through and end up dropping the game

I'd love to see some sort of difficulty setting implemented so all kinds of players can enjoy the game... i'm kind of getting sick of having to implement self imposed rules so the games can be a bit more challenging ):

I think the bad news is that all of out future Pokemon games will eventually follow the trend Sun/Moon and X/Y has. And Game Freak is reluctant to going backwards in this process.

Future features:

- The best move when fighting a Pokemon has a flashing highlight around it.
- The best Pokemon when drawing out a new one is highlighted.
- Your helper tells you exactly what to do rather than suggest where to go.
- When your Pokemon is weak, you get a popup notification, telling you that it's time to heal or withdraw.
- If you turned off yout game while in-battle, a Resetti-like character will chew you out for "cheating".
- When you're about to approach a trainer battle, your helper character tells you what Pokemon you should use.
- When the wild Pokemon is weak, you get a popup notification, asking you to catch the Pokemon.

If any of this actually happened I probably wouldnt play Pokemon much longer, its getting WAY too easy

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO can we bring back PSS cause the having to go onto the festival plaza to use wondertrade and stuff is really inconvenient and the friend system sucked monkey poop

I'm more interested in Ultra Sun and Moon than I am for Black and White 2. BW2 had a pretty fair story, but it just felt boring. I felt the need to charge through it as soon as possible. I don't know why, it just felt a bit generic somehow.

what. ultra sun and moon? is this like the second half of sun and moon? if its just the same game with just a little more content, then it should be dlc not the same game with just a little more extra at the full price tag of a game. that's just cheating out everyone who bought the first game, and a really cheap and deceptive milking method to not even announce it while everyone was out buying sun/moon.

and i thought sun and moon was like some sort of sequel to kalos because kalos felt incomplete. i really hope they dont continue to go down this path of making a full game and splitting it in half to take advantage of players who have the pay 80 dollars for 40 dollar content.

i hope they release more info about this ultra sun/moon and have it not be like + ways to use amiibos and some small changes here and there with some new stuff = new game.

Last edited:
what. ultra sun and moon? is this like the second half of sun and moon? if its just the same game with just a little more content, then it should be dlc not the same game with just a little more extra at the full price tag of a game. that's just cheating out everyone who bought the first game, and a really cheap and deceptive milking method to not even announce it while everyone was out buying sun/moon.

and i thought sun and moon was like some sort of sequel to kalos because kalos felt incomplete. i really hope they dont continue to go down this path of making a full game and splitting it in half to take advantage of players who have the pay 80 dollars for 40 dollar content.

i hope they release more info about this ultra sun/moon and have it not be like + ways to use amiibos and some small changes here and there with some new stuff = new game.

I feel like you're new to Pok?mon ����

It's rumoured to be an alternative universe, which I would dislike. I want to see how Lillie, Gladion, Lusamine and Hau have grown if it takes place a year after SM and if it's an alt universe I'll be disappointed. So it wouldn't be a sequel per se if it was an alternative universe, more of a retelling.

A sequel to Kalos? Lol.

No, SM are definitely not sequels to XY. I do agree that XY were incomplete but so were SM, they intentionally left things out of this game to put into the other game. (USUM) It's a marketing technique and I suppose the fans will buy it as long as it displays a variety of differences between the originals and the sequels.

Pok?mon Black and White were built for sequels, many people speculated that it would get a sequel including myself, we were right and history is repeating itself. We got BW2, USUM and we possibly would have even got XY2 if it wasn't for the whiny fan base of the Hoenn games who begged for a remake.

XY were going to get sequels before ORAS but the fan base of R/S/E had pitchforks out for the remakes so Game Freak then scheduled the games to be pushed back for a later release and we haven't heard of them since....So blame ORAS.

------

Now people are pushing for Sinnoh remakes and I'm glad Game Freak have decided to go with the sequels beforehand, remakes should be the closing games of a generation and I believe that's how Gen 7 will end.

Last edited:
I'm hyped!!! But I think I'm the most hyped for Pok?mon Silver being on the virtual console. That was my first game and carries the most memories so I am really excited. I sort of wish instead of the Ultras we had gotten remakes but I can live with their decision on that. I can't really judge until more information is out there on the Ultras. But at least Silver will save the day!

I think that Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon are games that Nintendo put much more originality and effort into compared to Sun and Moon. The first 2 games of gen 7 felt rushed and incomplete where Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be the actual full main game.

I think that Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon are games that Nintendo put much more originality and effort into compared to Sun and Moon. The first 2 games of gen 7 felt rushed and incomplete where Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be the actual full main game.

Yet we know absolutely nothing about them, so I have no clue where that claim is coming from.

Yes, Sun/Moon felt rushed and incomplete, but I don't have any reason to believe that US/UM will fix that just yet.

So now that we were shown gameplay and trailers for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon....to the people who said it was going to be another re-release of Sun and Moon with JUST the added new fusion Pokemon. Let me take a moment....*ahem*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ya'll think you're 1 step ahead of Nintendo and you actually believed Pokemon Ultra Sun &
Pokemon Ultra Moon was going to be exactly the same but with 2 or 3 new added fusion pokemon?! That is very foolish of you if you seriously thought that this was nothing more than a re-release with enhanced HD or whatever.
I'm not teasing or trying to belittle anyone's opinions, but come on, none of us had NO IDEA what was to come.
I knew Nintendo was going to surprise us with something freaking amazing and that's why all of the complainers and negative nelly's really annoyed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back