A Thread for the Older Players

Welcome to the thread Viola, and that sucks that you lost everything. But as you've said, at least now you know how the game works and how to plan ahead.

If you ever need a hand with things, feel free to give a shout out.

Thanks for the warm welcome! That's very true, I definitely do know how to plan better now. I was all over the place the first time lol.

Will do! Thanks!

Hi Melsi, and welcome to the thread. I can only imagine that your towns are set to beautiful ordinance. And does it get confusing juggling three towns?
Thanks! Haha, yeah, they are. Not really. Honestly, I've been TTing for a long time so it's not too daunting for me when taking a hiatus in how to return and pick up from where I left. I used to cycle villagers to give away in the early days of the game releasing on a different site. My third town has been pretty much a storage/hybrid town so I don't really have much invested in it at the moment which is nice especially for large trades, deliveries, or for giveaways. So, I'll probably keep it that way. With the changes, it's made it a lot easier between having more time with villager pings and also with amiibo cards as backup. :)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Last edited:
Hey there, 19 and just got this game two weeks ago. Digging it. Gonna add some people so feel free to add back 👍

Hi Rlafou, and welcome to the thread. Be warned that the early stages of the game can be highly addictive when you're trying to unlock upgrades and expansions to your house and the stores.

@melsi
That's kind of encouraging, since I've debating about a second copy for the sole purpose of growing flowers.

My week has sort of dragged, which isn't something that I'm enjoying a lot. Hopefully work picks up, since it is winter for Australia, which tends to create a small lull at work. Hopefully everyone else is having a better week.

Sorrow, if you ever decide to get a second game copy, I have a ton of non-hybrid flowers that you can use.

It's been raining all week and I was planning on going to an open-air movie festival. Meh.

Last edited:
Sorrow, if you ever decide to get a second game copy, I have a ton of non-hybrid flowers that you can use.

It's been raining all week and I was planning on going to an open-air movie festival. Meh.

Oh? That's very generous of you. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

And I'm not sure if it's safe to have any weekend plans... considering there's a big storm hitting where I live, across the entire weekend...

I've had animal crossing for 12 years (Nintendo DS lite) and was just given the 3DS system with a new animal crossing game as a gift!!! Please please add me i have a lot of catching up to do lol

FC: 1865-4330-4422
ID:bemayer

Hi bellieb and Catto, welcome to the thread!

And I'm sure you'll love ACNL, bellieb. When I first got it, I found it highly addictive... though admittedly it's my first Animal Crossing game.

I'm always made fun of in school for playing AC bc they say it's a kids game (I'm 18 lol which isn't even old, but at the same time, it isn't as young as most people on here). I love this thread! I don't feel alone ♡

@Knights
Oh nice! Well, I'm biased but I think you should go for it lol. :3

@Enhingen
Man, I'm jealous. Send me your rain please. I wish I had rain all this week. XD For some reason I feel more proactive in watering my ACNL flowers than I do my real life flowers. Luckily we got some rain last night though. =D

I think I may be the oldest one here (unless I missed someone) - I'm 51. LOL

I actually know of a tbt member (not on this thread) who's pretty up in age. She's a grandmother, you're definitely not alone lol. Plus, it's nice to see that people of any age can enjoy this game. Proves it isn't just for children.

Hi, I just joined and started my town, Aurora, a couple of days ago. Feel free to add me, I'll be adding all of you. I just started playing AC and am looking forward to chatting with new people about this super cute and fun game. I am over 21, too.

Hi everyone!

I shared my FC on an fb group, here, and another forum site. So I thought i'd try to find friends here too! So far I've visited one town.

I'm 21 years old, just started ACNL today. My town has cherries.

Hello to the new people to the thread.

I hope everyone has had a better weekend than I've been having, which was basically bracing for a major storm which hasn't come yet. Supposedly it's hitting overnight... so yeah... hopefully I don't wake up with the house on-top of a witch...

Back