• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

A Thread for the Older Players

24 years old here. It's nice to see other adults play AC, since it "suppose" to be a child game.

A discord chat might help but timezones might be an issue? I work well with those who have polar opposite zones than me. No one in the states seems to be online as late as I.

Well, I'm 21. It's weird seeing youngsters on the forum. When I trade with them I feel like I'm a pedophile, and I don't trust little kids with my town... don't ask why..
Anyways, I'm honoured to see this thread back, I hope I can mess around play with everybody else online.
:)

Last edited:
Well, I'm 21. It's weird seeing youngsters on the forum. When I trade with them I feel like I'm a pedophile, and I don't trust little kids with my town... don't ask why..
Anyways, I'm honoured to see this thread back, I hope I can mess around play with everybody else online.
:)

Omigosh no don't say that! I understand the feeling of crossing a boundary at times even though you've done nothing. I always feel obligated to say "Hey I'm 10 years your senior, is that cool?" to make sure they are comfy.

Omigosh no don't say that! I understand the feeling of crossing a boundary at times even though you've done nothing. I always feel obligated to say "Hey I'm 10 years your senior, is that cool?" to make sure they are comfy.

Haha, that's true. Sometimes I just don't wanna act rude, because most of the younger ones are okay, but I feel like there's a big age difference and it makes things a bit... awkward. It doesn't matter though, because the only reason I go to people's towns or invite them over is because we need to trade, and trading actually gives us something straight-forward to do.
;)

I'm 27 and plan on getting into New Leaf again soon �� Been playing AC since 2002

Haha, that's true. Sometimes I just don't wanna act rude, because most of the younger ones are okay, but I feel like there's a big age difference and it makes things a bit... awkward. It doesn't matter though, because the only reason I go to people's towns or invite them over is because we need to trade, and trading actually gives us something straight-forward to do.
;)

I sort of feel the same way, hence I'm so afraid to add and visit other towns, other than to do a quick trade.

And hello Vonny

Question for everyone that has already posted, and for anyone else for that matter... would you rather this thread be the place to connect and chat to people, or would everyone something more dynamic, like a discord chat. I only ask because I'm not sure how many people currently belong to, or how active people would be.

something like a discord chat would probably be easier? idk doing everything on a thread feels kinda cluttered to me?

Hi guys, couldn't figure out how to find this thread again (I'm new to this site hehe), my friend code is 0061-3910-9498

I can play in 2 hours once I'm home from work :D

Hey there! 24 and looking for friends. Just started up playing again after a good long while and lost all my acnl contacts :,(

Hi guys, couldn't figure out how to find this thread again (I'm new to this site hehe), my friend code is 0061-3910-9498

I can play in 2 hours once I'm home from work :D

If you go to Thread Tools just above all of the posts in this thread, you should be able to subscribe this thread, and then easily find it under your subscriptions in the future.

And welcome, cannabis_crossing. I'm pretty much in the same boat too.

I'm 23. Feel free to add me, but let me know if you do so I can add you back :3 I also prefer to best friend people because I'll forget who's who since most people's user names differ from their in game names.

I'm 28 at the end of September but was 12 when I first played AC heyyy

It's actually really nice to come across someone older than me. :) I'm in the Oceania discord chat (haven't said much cause I'm shy). I need more oldie friends.

Ohhh what XD say hi pyoopi!!!

I'm an oceanic time zone player who also stays up very late! (Usually I end up playing with the US time zone people) Anyone here feel free to VM me about anything!

On the subject of feeling old, my mom recently introduced me to her friend's kid who I thought was at least a college student because she was super tall and very mature. Turns out I was 10 years older than her. Kids are looking rougher and rougher these days lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm 28 at the end of September but was 12 when I first played AC heyyy

I haven't seen you on the forums for a while! Welcome back? :)

I'm down for this. Thanks for making this thread - I'm 28 and I sometimes feel out of place when other users playing ACNL tell me they're much much younger than me.

Back