• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How rare are double rainbows??

mits

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Because one legit just showed up in my town today! It's never happened before eeee :eek: But is it actually a pretty normal thing? Just curious!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also... sorry if this is the wrong section for this : ((

They are pretty common to me, but it might just be me.

I had one in my Dream Address before the update.

I believe the time was late September, early October. 2pm.
Rain all morning before the sky cleared and brought the double rainbow :)

Haven't seen one since. I have had one regular single rainbow since the update.

It is usually rare; not sure how common it is after the update. Sure has been rare for me!

I don't see them that often :(
However, in real life I see them very often, so I guess I'm fine with not seeing them too much ingame :^)

@Paperboy Lucky! :p
Dang Zaari...you really lucky!!

Maybe it depends on the weather?? It had been raining for a while, then clear blue skies...I dunno :/

Last edited:
i've only seen one in-game once! i took a bunch of photos just because i thought it was pretty, but i didn't expect it to be a rare occurrence!

glad i got those photos then :blush:

i don't see them that often, but i get them occasionally aha

I've personally seen a handful double rainbows throughout my years of playing animal crossing, not a crazy amount but still quite a few!

I had them like 3 seperate times this week but I usually don't have them often

I've had one a few days ago when I was time traveling to move a villager out. I think it's the first time it happened to me and I've been playing for about two months. It's nothing special to me but it must be rare :p

I have had two, so I believe they are not extremely rare.

I've gotten a double rainbow a couple of times. They're quite so pretty and I always get amazed when I see them. ^-^

I have never seen even a single rainbow, much less a double rainbow, but I rarely play during the day so I guess that's to be expected.

Back