What features do you miss from Wild World?

I really miss the Observatory as well, though I mostly played City Folk myself. Constellations were a great way to further customize your town, so I don't know why they removed them. Maybe so Celeste can run the Gift Shop? I don't know why they couldn't just create a new NPC to do that. If people were making inappropriate constellations, they can do that with designs as well. If you didn't want them in your town, simply don't make them.

I’ve only played ACWW for two years but I miss the note in the bottles. When I first started to play Wild World I always wondered where they were from. I know they’re not from real people now but it would be a great addition to AC Switch.

Bottle mail.
Also where you can prevent villagers from leaving your town when the villager is in boxes

Bottle mail.
Also where you can prevent villagers from leaving your town when the villager is in boxes

This, alongside the flea market day and the observatory.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bottle mail.

This, alongside the flea market day and the observatory.

I miss the random messages on the board, the observatory, flea market, flower fest, and I miss KK playing in the cafe, I prefer it to club lol

I fully agree with this, wild world had many good things, hope the switch version has these

basically everything that's been said already but i miss the messages of the week from the town board the most. they were always so cute and funny

I agree with so many things in this thread: Celeste’s Observatory, Live music in the cafe (a way different atmosphere to the club), the Bright Lights festival, the Flower Fest, Yay Day, the Acorn Festival, La-Di-Day, the random messages in the game like on the notice broad and the messages in bottles, the flea market, Lyle’s insurance and getting stung by bees to get the payments (haha), red turnips which were a huge investment but always worth it, donating to Boondox (is that the name?), the recycling bin and occasionally finding weird stuff in it, convincing neighbours to stay when they’d packed up so you had that one last chance to not lose your best friend, and the long character stories you could get from NPCs on certain days about their life before Wild World. Also, the sky. the sky was absolutely gorgeous.

Hm, maybe this is a sign that I need to play Wild World again, if I miss it so much…

I'm not sure if this was in wild world, but in the original gamecube version, there were two levels to the map and villagers could live in a little nook between the cliffs. It was awesome! & Also the lake that was a full circle. That was cool too.

No Wild World's towns were flat. No layers like the Gamecube version. I forgot about that though and yes that is very cool!

Live music in the Cafe, the balls scattered around town, the flower festival, the cherry blossom festival, the wishing well, the city, how the villagers had attitudes, being able to ask for things to do, I could go on for hours.

It would be so cool if they continued to have K.K. play in the Cafe Randomly in New Leaf

It's been so long since I played Wild World and I can hardly remember much from it. :(

But there is one feature I can remember from the top of my head that I miss. I miss being able to take any shirt and adding it as a menu background. Sometimes staring at the bottom screen for too long hurts my eyes, so in Wild World, I would add a dark shirt to combat this and when I tried it in New Leaf it didn't work. I looked up online to see if there was a new formula to changing your menu background and nope! Your stuck with it. :(

I have no clue why a useful feature like this would be removed. And I also wonder if I was the only one who would do this for those reasons. :(

i miss the bizarre dialogue. i love nl but there's no surprises with anything they say. ww dialogue had me cracking up laughing sometimes.

omg!!!! i completely forgot about the observatory and creating constellations! wow, that would be an awesome thing to bring back to new horizons!! even if they just brought constellations back into the sky, they were so pretty :3

I really miss the flea market. It kinda was the only reason I was playing this game, like really. I would time travel each Sunday in hopes to come across a flea market. I loved them so so much, and I don't even remember why.
I also miss the bottle messages of course, those were a super cute idea and I'm still very sad that it never returned.
And of course I miss the observatory. I loved this place so much. It was so cozy and since I love space I just can't hate it. Also Celeste is absolutely adorable. I miss the whole constellations system, not that my constellation were worth seeing or anything.

This is less of a feature and more of a style choice, but I wish the villagers in New Leaf were as drama-filled as Wild World villagers. It always felt really memorable getting seriously insulted or having a villager freak out compared to the dialogue in New Leaf.

Constellations, bottle mail, villager personalities, and Yay Day. There's probably more, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head.

I mostly miss the notes in the bottles, and the spaceship thing was cool too. I'd love for the notes in the bottles to be a part of New Horizons.

Back