• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you miss from Wild World?

moorgxn

wait, what?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I was wondering, are there any features that were in Wild World that you miss?

Personally, I really miss the Observatory in the Museum where you could create constellations. One of my favorite things to do. However, I do still like the option to open your own exhibits in New Leaf. I hope that in future titles maybe you can do both. Who knows.

I miss the random messages on the board, the observatory, flea market, flower fest, and I miss KK playing in the cafe, I prefer it to club lol

I always thought the bottle messages were pretty cute! Also the flea market was fun as long as you didn't mind villagers constantly barging into your house and trying to buy your stuff lol.

i miss the cute random little holidays that i cant even remember the names of.

i miss the occasional bottled messages on the beach.

i miss the flea market.

I was wondering, are there any features that were in Wild World that you miss?

Personally, I really miss the Observatory in the Museum where you could create constellations. One of my favorite things to do. However, I do still like the option to open your own exhibits in New Leaf. I hope that in future titles maybe you can do both. Who knows.

OMG I totally forgot you could make the constellations! Aww, now that made me sad lol. I miss waving at villagers. That always brought me so much joy...

I miss flower fest and the flea markets, I also loved finding note in bottles and the little sign posts that used to be where villagers could move in!!
The notes on the notice board made it feel much more special, I was always so giddy waiting for the next saying of the week and the constellations made it special too on my old acww I still have constellations designed by my friends <3

I'm not sure if this was in wild world, but in the original gamecube version, there were two levels to the map and villagers could live in a little nook between the cliffs. It was awesome! & Also the lake that was a full circle. That was cool too.

I really miss the official weekly flea markets.

I'm not sure if this was in wild world, but in the original gamecube version, there were two levels to the map and villagers could live in a little nook between the cliffs. It was awesome! & Also the lake that was a full circle. That was cool too.

I want to say that this was not in Wild World, I never remember seeing anything like it and Wild World is the only game I've played other than New Leaf.

Seems like no-one here has mentioned Bright Lights yet which was just another extra little detail that made the world more immersive. Not sure why they didn't have any real world holidays in Wild World or why they couldn't keep the Wild World holidays later.

All of the Wild World holidays, like Bright Nights, Flower Fest and La-Di-Day. They were so much fun!

I like those animal crossing specific events like the flower fest, flea market, la-di-da day. Seems like they omitted a lot of those for ACNL but added more real life holidays? idk. I also really loved going to the observatory. Sometimes I can't help but feel sad for Celeste who now works in a gift shop :p

The observatory, definitely. And also, just being able to see the sky all the time. Obviously, reserving a whole screen for the sky is a waste of space, and I much prefer having a map, but it was a nice aesthetic touch for the time.

the observatory, all of the cute small holidays like Yay Day and such. Also the notes in a bottle. I don't get why they discontinued those.

Definitely notes in a bottle (there was such a joy to find one!) and how quickly clovers would spawn - they're so elusive in NL!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also miss that you could convince neighbours to stay when they were in boxes - that feature was so helpful :(

I miss the acorn festival, it was easily my favorite holiday in wild world. I really hope they bring that back some day ?ω?

I loved the flea markets for some reason, I was didn't really think about them not being in New Leaf so was waiting until I realised they weren't a thing anymore because of re-tail:(

i reaaaally miss how talkative blathers was, and the dialogue that you had with characters
it might be because i was playing with a pre-pubescent mind but i can never remember getting bored with talking to any villagers!

Back