• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What features do you miss from Wild World?

I miss the flea market, the constellations, and the messages in a bottle the most. I loved designing new constellations and looking up at the night sky to see them.

Wow, I forgot about the flea market!! that was great, I'd love to see that make a comeback. Constellations are my #1 most missed thing of course. I also miss shooting down Pete and Gulliver with slingshots!

Constellations, yeah. Some supposedly people hated them.
But, like, if you didn't like them you could just ignore them?

I liked making little star pictures. Made my town feel even more unique from others'.

The graphics I guess, haha. And some villagers I guess how they were back then.

I miss the villager dialogue, I never got bored of talking to my villagers in WW.

I miss the different sayings on the sign posts of where the villagers houses would go.

I miss the Soap opera Sable would talk about, and having to talk to her all the time to get the whole story in bits and pieces, as well as how Pelly was in love with Pete and she would talk to you about it, and I am pretty sure it was her who would put those random postings on the bulletin board, I miss that too.

I miss shooting Gulliver and Pete from the sky with the slingshot as well.

I also miss the recycle bin in city hall to throw away unwanted items, and the flea market.

I also liked the Roost being in the basement of the museum, I like that we can now work in the Roost, but feel we could have still kept it to the basement and also work there as well. I do like club LOL and K.K. singing there, so the stage area in the Roost could just be more seating.

I do like having a main street better, and having retail but I wish they would have incorporated thing I loved about WW into NL so we would have WW only better. I still prefer NL over WW (mainly because when I last tried to play WW after playing NL the graphics seemed horrible in comparison) but I miss so many things about that game, and if they put all those little things into NL along with all the new things in NL it would be my ultimate AC game.

I don't know how it will be for the Switch, but can't wait to see what it will be like if they are making one. I can't play the game on Wii or on GC (I did have many copies for GC but I could only play it for about a half hour at a time because the movement and panning makes me nauseous) this is why I prefer WW and NL because they don't do that. I have a 2DS and when I had a 3DS I never had the 3D on because it hurts my eyes.

Last edited:
The funny dialogue. The more true personalities.
Message in a bottle feature. I loved doing that with my kid. ^_^

I really miss pretty much everything that's already been mentioned (except maybe message in a bottle, those were cute and fun but they got me in awkward situations a couple times because I didnt realize the ones you sent out showed up in your friends' towns from time to time lol). But one more thing I didn't see mentioned: Balloons! They were so much harder to shoot in WW. It's annoying how easy they are now. I also liked it a lot better when it was a random piece of furniture instead of something from the balloon series each time. Also...that alien you could shoot down and help them find their missing spaceship parts? That was awesome. Altogether I still like NL better though.

Like what most people said, I really miss the random messages on the bulletin board and the funny messages in a bottle. I also miss the music in WW. I prefer WW music over NL, particularly the day-time songs. Also, I miss how challenging WW seemed compared to NL. For instance, everything just seems inflated in NL compared to WW, especially getting bells, fish, bugs, etc. due to the island. I just feel that achieving those little milestones meant more in WW than in NL.

La Di Day and Yay Day :rolleyes: I loved those!

definitely the alien space ship, which im surprised not a lotta people have mentioned unless you can still take one down in NL? i remember one night i saw it, couldn't take it down, so i would stay up every night for a while trying to find it again. i did, and then i actually managed to take it out, then i had no idea what to do lol.

the random board messages were a nice little touch and i did forget all about messages in a bottle, so now i'm sad. as others mentioned, i also liked how you could talk with the characters and it never seemed to get old or boring. people probably thought that blathers was annoying but i rather liked the talks we'd have. it upsets me that in NL, he's aboutta go into one of his long tangents and then they just cut him off there. it's just not the same dude. and yknow what? even resetti's 20 minute rants were pretty great. i just feel like there's less communication or effort to communicate in this game. maybe it's why i'm so damn disinterested.

My main thing I miss about wild world was the jobs you had to do to get a job with Tom nook and the whole concept of working for him. (That?s probably why I like the cafe and working there in new leaf) creating constellations is also close to that.

I miss the observatory and the flea market the most. I wish Nintendo would do an update to NL and add them somehow.

I miss the observatory and episodes that were triggered when you spoke to SP characters on certain days. It really added a lot of depth to the characters!

Now that you all mention it, I also miss the saying of the week and the bottle messages.

I miss the flea markets, the messages in bottles from random towns, the cute little messages on the noticeboard, the recycling bin in the town hall, the existence of Boondox and the observatory in the museum. I do miss some of the festivals such as the one where you have to compliment your villagers (I can't remember what it was called!) but overall the festivals in New Leaf are more fun and fleshed out in my opinion.

Definitely the observatory. I was pretty disappointed when I found out back then
that the observatory wouldn't be in New Leaf anymore. It was one of my favorite
things I like about WW and I just can hope that they will bring it back in the next
main AC game.

I also miss the town layouts Wild World had. Nothing against those from New Leaf,
but the ones from WW where more interesting and kinda unique, has you was able
to get a town that was divided in three parts. Like two big parts and a small part,
like a little island, mostly located in the middle of the layout. Kinda wish they would
have brought it back in New Leaf.

The flea market was pretty cool too. Don't understand why this doesn't exist in NL
anymore.

The messages in a bottle and the hilarious bulletin board messages, the rudeness, the weird flirtiness from grumpy villagers was toned down which I hate, the money doubling glitch lmao, the really amazing and engaging dialogue. Sometimes I go back and play just to talk to my villagers, everything they say is (to me) so, so funny. The constellations - my crush's initials are still up in the sky as well as an hourglass, heart, a declaration that "love is a lie" lol... The flea markets were great for getting rid of junk and also just generally charming. Winning Flower Fest by stealing all the villagers' flowers was practically a rite of passage. It's weird to say, but I liked there being no QR codes so you had to copy every pattern out manually without even so much as a zoom button. It was really hard work and kinda frustrating but it meant I was genuinely proud when I'd finished. Real, proper convos with Sable, she just points me to the QR machine these days but I want to hear the NPC tea lol!! Rooting through the dumpster, having Copper remark on how many items you'd taken from the lost and found. Villagers showing you weird letters they got from an anonymous sender. Villagers showing real, intense emotions. If you let them down, they were pissed. If you didn't show up to bring them to your house, for example, there'd be ructions and that made me learn to keep my promises! Pissing off Resetti and having him make you type out "I am an idiot!". The chunky DS lite you'd play it on with a smooth, sleek finish and squishy buttons. THE TITLE SONG. I never got to do it, but the concept of drawing on Blanca's face was awesome.

Last edited:
I miss the (almost) monthly Flea Market. That's the time I go into the villagers' homes and try to buy all of the ugly items. Then I can send them nicer furniture in the mail.

Oh gosh I just came in and liked nearly every post in the thread. I feel that the biggest losses are:
-The special character conversations...their references to a life before and outside of your town add depth in general.
-The more frequent town-and-villager centered holidays, particularly Yay Day and the town tune contest. They make me feel a more concrete, memorable relationship to my town than the real life holidays that feel thrown in.
-The posts on the bulletin board that aren't for any reason but humor and musing
-Having the Nook's, Able Sisters and Museum in town. Goes along with having more a relationship to them.
-Nintendo items felt rare and like a sign of class to put out. Having Nintendo items themselves available freely but having any specific one hard to get was a mistake.

Last edited:
I miss the villager interactions. They seemed edgier. Also the observatory and messages in a bottle. I sent some embarrassing things in bottles as a kid on realizing they actually went somewhere. I used them as my personal diary. What an idiot i was.

I never played wild world that much, only on my friends ds. But I heard you can shoot down pelliper.
I miss that

Back