• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your best year in the last 10 years?

What was your best year from 2007-2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
has to be 2007 i think lollll because then i started getting bullied in school and everything sucked even after that stopped other things were Bad. i was 7 in 2007 so i honestly dont remember much at all but yeahhhh

I hate putting 2014 because my childhood cat had to be put to sleep that year, and I wasn't even prepared for it, so it made me miserable for months, nonstop. (She was like a sick persons therapy dog to me, she was my bff)

I had a gut feeling something was wrong, because she was sleeping with her face first into my pillow.
She had liver failure and the toxic levels in her liver were triple what they should be.

But months after that things got better and I was really finding myself and was happy af, the summer of '14 i started dating my boyfriend.

I left a crappy boyfriend of 2 yrs in May and I felt free and happy as ever so I was always feeling myself.
I was also really tan, tiny, and full of energy.

I hate putting 2014 because my childhood cat had to be put to sleep that year, and I wasn't even prepared for it, so it made me miserable for months, nonstop. (She was like a sick persons therapy dog to me, she was my bff)

I had a gut feeling something was wrong, because she was sleeping with her face first into my pillow.
She had liver failure and the toxic levels in her liver were triple what they should be.

But months after that things got better and I was really finding myself and was happy af, the summer of '14 i started dating my boyfriend.

I left a crappy boyfriend of 2 yrs in May and I felt free and happy as ever so I was always feeling myself.
I was also really tan, tiny, and full of energy.

That reminds me of how in 2008, the only dog I had was taken away from my by my parents after just three months, and it was a birthday present too.

I want to say 2013? Might have been 2014 not entirely sure... But the year I moved to where I am now and got together with my boyfriend, it was just a lot of positive changes after years of bad so it was for sure really great.

I know everyone preached the fact that 2016 was the worst year in history but it was personally my favourite. Life was good, the memes were good, I probably ate some good food.

2008, when I discovered Animal Crossing. I had little to no friends back then (still pretty much the same lol) and I was bullied tremendously. I was ostracised, basically. But when I discovered my new little world with my new little friends, I forgot all of that. I was actually happy for once.

Thank you, Animal Crossing.

2008, when I discovered Animal Crossing. I had little to no friends back then (still pretty much the same lol) and I was bullied tremendously. I was ostracised, basically. But when I discovered my new little world with my new little friends, I forgot all of that. I was actually happy for once.

Thank you, Animal Crossing.

I had a similar story the following year, although bullying didn't get worse until the later years of elementary school and early years of middle school.

Life is getting better every day for me, I'm confident enough to keep trying new things now.

This year has been the best so far because I've met so many new friends, done a lot of dumb illegal things (good safe experiences all around), gotten some jobs, got a girlfriend, living at the shore, going in to senior year, and I care less about small ****.

Honestly the first year that always comes to mind is 2012. Imo, music was way better back then, and people on the internet weren't all that serious/harsh. Not only that, I made a lot of friends that year. Who came to mean a lot to me although it didn't last for too long tbh, I still think about them all the time and wonder what they're doing. It's ironic though, because I think of it as one of my best and worst years because of that.

2012 was a mix of good and bad, but it was mainly good so I wouldn't call it my worst. 2013 and 2016 however, was full of bad and I lost a lot of temporary people and had a lot of people who I thought were friends, turn on me and treat me unfairly. (referencing the above paragraph) so I was pretty bummed out for the whole year. I also a had huge decline in my mental health tbh that year (2016).

high school for me is such a blur and I don't remember much of it due to mental illness, and everything I can remember is 90% bad memories, then I left high school and things went even more downhill but I've been working on myself so much and I'm starting to pick myself up and I know who my friend(s) are and I'm becoming a way better version of myself so 2017(so far) is definitely my best year out of the last 10

I'd say 2012 was my best year, specifically around April-May.

I was still in homeschooling at the time, and in April I went down to my grandpa's house to take the OAA (Ohio Achievement Assessment). I had a lot of fun there, like I always do. That's also right around when I made quite a few good drawings in Flipnote Studio on my DSi, like a chibi Serperior and one of my old OC's.

Sometime in late April was the first time I ever went to Illinois. I remember going straight from my grandpa's house to Addison and it was like a 7 hour drive x.x It was such an exciting experience for me, walking around the outskirts of Chicago and checking out all the neat stuff at the Shedd Aquarium. I do remember there being a bad time when our car overheated really badly, and we ended up being stranded in an abandoned parking lot and walking around Addison in the dark. We found a really small Pizza Hut that only had like 5 things on the menu xDDD

That was also around the time that I began to appreciate nature more, and according to an old Facebook post of mine, I "started to take a liking to peace signs..." (the start of ultimate hippy-ism lol) so like that whole spring and summer I was really happy and just felt totally awesome!

It was all good until I started going to public school again in August of 2012. I'm terribly socially awkward so that was kind of a rough experience for me. Luckily I survived all the way to graduation ^o^

all of them were horrible for me.

Ahh, I can't decide between 2012 or 2013! Eeek! ><

Well, in 2012 I met two of my longest best friends in that year, they're pretty much the reason why I got inspired to draw and oh boy, they introduced me into a lot of video games and books. It was a really nice, sweet time.

Whenever I hear '2013' all I could really remember is the excitement within that year, not really what happened but the joy that came out of it.

Last edited:
probably 2014, because I was generally happy and chill all the time! school was going great, I was making new friends, exploring new hobbies. the first half of 2015 was pretty much the same, but the second half was when things started going downhill due to personal issues. :,D as of late, I've been doing pretty fine, but I still get nostalgic for better days (half the time I'm over-romanticizing it though lol)

2013 for sure it was bliss all i did was play animal crossing and go to school and be a kid

for me, 2010 was the year everything just seemed to go right. 2011 + on wards was when things started to go more downhill for me but as of now, I can't remember anything significantly bad happening in 2010

2013, even though I was only 13/14 then and I wouldn't want to go back, i think the year of school was a good one. As well I went to Cuba that year on vacation, I had lots of friends, I saw Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran in concert which was the biggest deal ever back then lol, nobody died, my pets were healthy. It was good. This year was okay. I'm setting next year up to be the best though, it's my senior year of highschool, and I'll start university in the fall. Really it could be the best or worst looking at it.

Last edited:
2007. Junior year of High school. Before everything went downhill

Back