What was your best year in the last 10 years?

What was your best year from 2007-2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
Going back all the way to 2007, what was your best year? Mine was personally 2009, even though my dad was in poor health that year, although 2010 comes close, it just started going downhill when I started having chronic stomach pains in September. What about you?:)

2015. I graduated high school, went on a huge road trip/vacation with my family, and I also went to Warped Tour and another concert. Then I graduated boot camp in December. It was a year of freedom and being grown up.

I can't really remember 2007-2009. 2011 and 2012 were definitely the worst years of my life and everything that has followed those years have been pretty bad too. so I guess that only leaves 2010.

2015 was the beginning of it and 2016 I just hit the ground running. I've progressed extremely well in my artistic skills, respected by my peers/instructors, and graduated.

It was a nice year.

im really not sure since those 10 years are most of my life, but i think 2012? i was happy with everything and i still got to see my mom and siblings very often. Moved across the country the next year, our house we lived in for about a year was in bad condition, then moved across the country again to a ****ty town, lived there for about a year and a half. Now im here since late 2015, its ok. 2016-17 i was extremely depressed, over it now. last few years havent been great since i mean? adolescence is always crap lmao

anything below 2009-2010 was great for me, since i was young and didnt have a care in the world, and also was't experiencing severe mental health issues

2014. That was when I turned 21, I joined this site, I was losing weight, and I was working on StarFall. Plus, many other stuff that I couldn't name it all.

But I graduated from high school and went to Disneyland in 2011.

2013. It was just a pretty happy year for me. I don't know why. Wish I could feel the way I was now. :(

the period between 2009- July 2011 was the best for me , with 2013.
2007-2008 i dont remember them at all , 2012 was meh , 2014 was bad , 2015 was worse , 2016 was meh and this year is going okay , but not as 2009/2010/2011/2013.

Hm... 2007 was an amazing year up until the fall when pretty much everything about my life started falling apart all at once. That makes it hard to say it was 2007, but it's also hard to say that anything post 2007 could be any better for obvious reasons.

2008 from summer beyond was a great social year. I had a social life. I came out to my BFF and she became my first girlfriend. But come 2009, that social life was suddenly gone, vanished almost entirely without a trace.

Despite everything, I do look at 2011 with a positive light. It was a year of great entertainment for me, I saw my first and last two bands - Streetlight Manifesto and Chicago. I got my 3DS and finally got to play Pokemon HG. I also finally graduated from community college that year. It seems silly to look at a year so positively for that, but I always remember 2011 fondly. No deaths. No breakups. No failures. Just a fun year.

Late 2015 going into 2016 deserves a mention. 2015 is not eligible in entirety, because up to late summer it was an awful year. But it ended strangely beautifully, with a crazy sequence of events leading me back to university (I had dropped out in 2013). In early 2016 I was officially accepted, and in late summer I quit my overnight job to return to college. Still... Nothing about the events of the year or so was purely happy, the dark clouds of what began in 2007 growing ever larger.

At the end of the day I still have to vote 2007, I suppose. Pre-fall was the last time I felt unhinged hope for the future. Dare I say, it was the last time I really felt actually alive.

Last edited:
Although I don't remember how much I liked most of the years pre-2012/2013, I'd say 2013 was my best year, but 2014 and anything before I would say was a pretty good year. 2013 was my last full year in elementary school, I went on some great vacations and had a couple nice field trips, plus it was the last full year I had a best friend (even though I realized the next year that she might not have been a real one, it was still a time I wish I could go back to) and I was relatively happy. Although 2014 would probably rank second-best for me, everything from September 2014 to 2017 has just been a downward spiral.

Last edited:
It's a tie between 2014 and 2016. At the end of 2014, my now husband proposed. We were both done our university degrees, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life.

In 2016, I was in a very toxic workplace and was struggling with depression and anxiety. However, near the end of the year, I made the appropriate changes to help my health. The biggest driver was marrying my husband in October. That really made the year special, despite all the circumstances.

i dont remember anything pre 2011 but 2013 was the best year cus i was so happy and had so many friends, worse year was .. either 2014 or 2015. this year has been great but i lost a ton of friends.

Wow, it's funny that 2013 is winning and I picked it too! I had so many friends that year a no worries ... it was nice :(

2014. I graduated hs with some friends (only had like 2-3 friends throughout hs), went to prom, lost weight, got cute clothes, went to college and made a lot of friends from my dorm, had a really good birthday with all of them...just had a really, really good time with a lot of great people :)

2016 I was healthy. 2017 has just been the worst because of my health.

Last edited:
2011 was amazing, 2010 was great too. Probably the only good years of my life, this year might be a third. Worst to be 2012 because of a lot of trauma and court, and foster care.

Back