• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Themes That You Like/Want To Do

Mayor_Rhena001

Always Waiting
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Lily
White Rose
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
Currently, I'm trying to do an 'Alice Madness Returns' type of town where my characters' houses are based on different levels in the game. I actually have my 1st house almost done, it's based off of the Dollhouse area. After that, I'll probably do a house based off of the Red Queen's area. It's my first time doing such a theme, and I've been working on it for over a month.

Questions:
* What are your favorite town themes based off of games/movies/series?
* If you were able to make a theme, what would it be?
* What are some themes you did in the past?

I've only started playing ACNL about two months ago so only have one theme. I'm currently doing a Harry Potter theme with three houses based on Tom Riddle (Voldemort), Hermione Granger, and Luna Lovegood. I'm almost finished with one of the houses but the other two I still have a long way to go :) I want to do an Adventure Time themed town in the future because it would seem fun to do and it would be completely different to my Harry Potter themed town

Well right now it's just forest zen and I'm not changing it. But if I was going to change it probably Final Fantasy 15 because I've thought about how I'd do it before. I'd probably do Noctis with the throne room and everything. And Prompto next to him with tons of villagers around them. Then Luna's way on the other side of town. Probably Cindy by them or something. I'd do parts of town as different areas. Like use the fence pwp for the chocobo races Outpost ect. IDK if I wasn't so attached to my town I would probably do it.

Last edited:
I'd like to try a Skies of Arcadia themed town with Vyse, Fina and Aika and a general pirate vibe. I've found qr codes online for their outfits so that's already sorted and Pascal has a lot of appropriate items.

I like my current town and don't intend to reset but I'll do it if I find a cheap used game card.

I have thought of several different themes but I don't have the time to manage and build multiple towns unfortunately! Some of my ideas have been...

-Zoo themed town, where the villagers are all the different zoo animals and the area around their houses is themed like their natural habitat. Complete with bamboo and trees for fences. And the houses would be a gift shop, restaurant, aquarium and bug exhibits, and petting zoo.

-A town themed around that show Heart of Dixie because I love it and think a simple country feel with a doctor's office would be a cute town theme.

-umm I have had a million more ideas but cant remember any more right now! Lol

Last edited:
I've always wanted to make a medieval town, but I'm just sticking to one town and I have no plans of deleting it.

Peaceful flowery garden, since most of my villagers are supposedly killers and nobody will suspect them.

I theme mine on things that interest me. Like, farming, Christmas, retro cartoons, Disney, classic childrens books, etc. I also have always wished I lived in a cabin in the forest. I would like to make a foresty/ cabin town, but I would need another copy, and I'm not sure if I would get bored with that theme very quickly.

I tried to do a cinderella themed town but lost interest really fast. I also really want to do color themes and species themes. Safari town would be cool.

I'm doing a theme that revolves around a very long written story/adventure that I made up and am still working on. It's really fun doing all the different rooms for different parts of the town and whatnot.

Ok - here is my dream...

...I haven't told anyone...

...ok... I want a town full of weeds.

So many weeds covering almost every square.

But I've never had a good name I've really liked. Bayou? Swamp? Maybe all frogs. Or rotating villagers. I keep wanting to make paths, and then Beautiful ordinance....these towns get too pretty. I want a desert cactus town in the next game. I hope we get palm trees on the mainland.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I tried to do a cinderella themed town but lost interest really fast. I also really want to do color themes and species themes. Safari town would be cool.

I have had many themes! So many ideas - and then I'd make the town, choose the map.. and then *poof* the inspiration is gone.

It's such a relief to have a theme and it still seems fun while building the town!

I wrote a book back in 2005 that's not published yet lol

I'm going to theme my town around that. Unfortunately, the place where my book takes place (called Forestville) has more than 8 letters. :(

Hey, it doesn't matter how much time something takes you, so long as you still enjoy it. I've been working on one story myself (and more pop into my head occasionally) since 2010 I think...

I have always wanted to make a horror town based on the movie Suspiria but I ran out of content / furniture options lol. I made this town several times and always deleted it in the end. If I had a new game and if I hacked that game, I'd probably try this idea again.. or just a horror town in general.

My new goal is to make a town using paths and QR codes. My main town is 100% natural so I wanna try paths this time!

Striaton city and maybe a Meme town.
I already made a thread about Striaton.
Meme town is going to be full of Monkeys and Gorillas that have meme catchphrases. It will be a very messed up town. Town tune is the nutshack and town flag is grand dad. There will be signs of reggie's face and everyone will be wearing bikinis. The mayor is Robbie rotten. Worst idea ever.

Maybe a horror town, or star wars, too bad no PWPs for those :c

Last edited:
i wanna do a food themed town, a spring themed town, and a colour themed town honestky

I love forest towns and rainy towns

Especially if the town is themed around fairies or witches it just makes it 100 times better in my opinion~

I had wanted to a while ago make a town centered around the Animal Crossing movie (I think I still have the blog posts up documenting the brief 1 month that happened) I think I may try to do it again, actually. It was kinda hard considering the movie didn't have every single detail down.

Back