• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town Themes That You Like/Want To Do

I love seeing towns based around horror movies and fairytales, I think they're so cool and would be so much fun to do! Same with pink or pastel town, they all look so nice and cozy...
I saw it mentioned, but I would also love to do a food-themed town with villagers like Merengue, Chadders, Ketchup, Pecan...it could be so cute! It might be a bit hard, but I think the work would be worth it. My lost town was a WIP, but I was building it up to be royalty themed with lots of pink, gold, and white. I miss that town a lot. :(

I have just started 2.-

1. A modern dark town.(Could change.)

2. An aquatic/water themed town.

Last edited:
I'm working on a circus themed town, that's really colorful. I wish we had like a circus tent as a PWP or something.

I don't have a theme rn because I recently restarted and my town is fairly new, but I'd love to do a post-apocalyptic theme someday

for the longest time ever, i've also wanted to do an alice in wonderland/whimsical themed town
haven't got round to even starting it though ;v; maybe one day

* What are your favorite town themes based off of games/movies/series?
I lovee apocalyptic feeling ones like walking dead almost vibes, I also love magical/overgrown ones that remind me of fairytails!!

* If you were able to make a theme, what would it be?
100% be more earthy or natural, wooden with lots of overgrown things and plants, maybe even a bit of a harvest moon feeling idk;;

* What are some themes you did in the past?
I've done cat themes, Avalon/medieval themed, Sweets themed and in my old animal crossing Wild World I had a zelda themed town lol

I don't know why... But if I made a 2nd town, I would love to make a lawn-themed one, where every mud spot is blocked out with trees, shrubs, and villager homes. Maybe give it an impression of a lush hillside park, with minimal path patterns. that mainly block mud spots on the edges.

I actually lowkey want to make a creepy/dark town like a graveyard and fill it with "dead" villagers. I think it would be really interesting and such a contrast compared to my two other towns which are both filled with cutesy villagers and themes.

Most of my towns end up with themes based off of other games I love. My current towns are a Fallout: New Vegas themed town and a Stardew Valley themed farm town. I reset a winter town I lost interest in to begin the Stardew Valley town a few weeks ago. But, I've also had a Kingdom Hearts themed town on my first game cart I lost around 3 years ago.

i kinda wanna start a town with a mayor named ridley in a town called limerick with cherries or apples as the native fruit and just keep black, white, and gold roses and have all of the modern pwps. i would also want him to wear the jester's mask because i want it to be slightly spooky, but not a horror themed town. my second character would be named raven and he would wear the rest of the jester outfit besides the mask and have a red rose in his mouth. idk. i haven't thought about it that much.

My first town used to be a Japanese fairytale like town, and while currently I still have a lingering scent of that left, mine is a story town, a combination of dark/slightly horror and Japanese zen, since the characters' backgrounds are Japanese. It's taking forever, though since just figuring out my mayor's house is a long process xD

I'd love to do a Ghibli town if I ever got a second copy, or an Alice in Wonderland town.

I'm gonna do a hospital/quarantine themed town where all the villagers are sick and the humans are a doctor/a funeral director/a paranoid hypochondriac mayor etc. as soon as I can grab my sister's copy of the game to use to hold my stuff while I reset. :D

I guess my favorite types of towns overall would be natural towns with a lot of landscaping but I pretty much like any theme as long as there are plenty of PWPs and trees/flowers haha

I'm working on a traditional Japanese theme for my town, although if I ever get another copy I'd like to do a sci-fi city.

When I get my second copy i'm going to make a town based off of ancient greece/rome

I want a boku no picochu theme for the lulz but I can't seem to get it right

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh why censor its not a bad word whatever just a anime opening σωσ

I am trying to turn my town kawaii (don't judge lol) because I have recently gotten into anime and manga, and I just LOVE kawaii everything, but it's hard since my town is named 'riverton' and some of my villagers are like, super ugly D: (yes, Vladimir, I mean you. You too, Sheldon..)

rn I'm working on a nautical, small seaside town kind of theme, with white cobblestone roads and lots of fountains :>

I wanted to do a fall hobbit themed town but I lost interest because of all the money I had to put in

Back