Old Eggs
Switch
4775-0631-9214
New Horizons Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Purple Candy
Purple Violet
Purple Feather
I scanned a villager in a while back but she moved into a bad spot, So I thought if I scanned another to force her out that the spot I had planned for my campsite would be clear.
I force her out and add a new one in but unfortunately he is now in the same spot.

He is not my 10th villager/recent move in. I talk to all my villagers once every four days using that method to try and TT him out. But out of the 2 days and 3 in-game months I've been at it he has not pinged me once. It's getting a little frusterating (Or more than little) Because I need that space not only because that's my planned campsite but because I have 10 villagers thinking If I moved in another it would make him more likely to move out and it's still not working and I need him out so I can get my last dream villager.

Needless to say I'm completely stumped. I've tried talking to him once every four days,Then tried ignoring him completely, I tried the friendship theory and did everything to try and max out our friendship level but still nothing.

I really need advice,tips, Just anything to help me figure out what to do or motivate me to keep going

I try to be clear in this one... Scanned Amiibo Villager is the hardest thing to move out. That guy could be there for a long time. Ignoring him or doing something to move him out is not going to work.

That's one of the reasons i erase my last town... I wasn't able to move out two Amiibo Villagers, so i get stucked...

While the friendship theory is correct (Muffy pinged me about moving a few times despite being good friends with her), it's not 100% sure.

I time travel to get my villagers out. I would have two playable characters.

Here's how I do:
1. Save and quit
2. Enter as one character
3. Skip two days ahead(never more)
4. Talk to the villagers you want to keep until someone gives you a topic about rumors that do not involve other villagers moving.
5. Save and quit
6. Enter again and skip another two days
7. Repeat.

If you find a villager saying that the villager you want to keep is moving, talk to them or wait for them to ping you.
If you find a villager saying that the villager you want to move out is moving, then don't talk to them and ignore their pings.

That's how I got Curt, Wart Jr., Curlos, Cranston, and Kevin out.

Last edited:
The latest villager that has moved in, be it through amiibo, campsite, or naturally, will never ask you to move out until either someone else has moved or if someone new moves in if you haven't reached the 10 villager max capacity yet. So basically, the Amiibo villager you scanned can't move out unless one of your other dreamies move out first. I'm really sorry about this

I try to be clear in this one... Scanned Amiibo Villager is the hardest thing to move out. That guy could be there for a long time. Ignoring him or doing something to move him out is not going to work.

That's one of the reasons i erase my last town... I wasn't able to move out two Amiibo Villagers, so i get stucked...

Is it proven scanned villagers are harder to move out? I don't doubt it after this but man that sucks. If anyone has had an amiibo villager move out please let me know I really want him gone

While the friendship theory is correct (Muffy pinged me about moving a few times despite being good friends with her), it's not 100% sure.

I time travel to get my villagers out. I would have two playable characters.

Here's how I do:
1. Save and quit
2. Enter as one character
3. Skip two days ahead(never more)
4. Talk to the villagers you want to keep until someone gives you a topic about rumors that do not involve other villagers moving.
5. Save and quit
6. Enter again and skip another two days
7. Repeat.

If you find a villager saying that the villager you want to keep is moving, talk to them or wait for them to ping you.
If you find a villager saying that the villager you want to move out is moving, then don't talk to them and ignore their pings.

That's how I got Curt, Wart Jr., Curlos, Cranston, and Kevin out.

I have to add something to these two emotive explanations...

Pansear-and-Nana 1st:
-That way to move out villagers is just when you want a quick move out from a long term Villager...
-Amiibo Villager don't move out that easy and certainly is not the way.

The latest villager that has moved in, be it through amiibo, campsite, or naturally, will never ask you to move out until either someone else has moved or if someone new moves in if you haven't reached the 10 villager max capacity yet. So basically, the Amiibo villager you scanned can't move out unless one of your other dreamies move out first. I'm really sorry about this

Wait so, The villager that will not move is not my 10th or most recent. I have moved out other villagers while he's been in my town and he still won't leave.

My apologies I just wanted to clear that up incase we were thinking two different things.

I have to add something to these two emotive explanations...

Pansear-and-Nana 1st:
-That way to move out villagers is just when you want a quick move out from a long term Villager...
-Amiibo Villager don't move out that easy and certainly is not the way.

Well I don't have a reader so I'm not really used to scanned villagers.

Now is your turn...
-That's not true.
-Amiibo Villagers does not give a thing about the fact someone already move out.
-Don't move any Dreamie. You just going to lost someone you want.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I move out more than 60 Villagers in the last month (Believe it or not, you can ask for me in the Villager Trading Plaza and they going to say... "Oh, you talking about the boy that is ALWAYS changing a Villager, yeah... That guy make me TBT Rich") and the little and chubby Stitches still hanging around.
There is a theory that the Amiibo Villagers move out naturally if you play naturally. Not TT etc...

Last edited:
If your town isn't 9/10 or full amiibo, amiibo villagers NEVER leave. I know, it sucks and it's a complete scam. I learned this the hard way. But, if it's moving the villager house you want, it won't be hard. Just boot them out with another amiibo then plot reset the next day. If you don't know what plot resetting is, look it up. And be sure to clear a space for them to move before they place their plot. If you can't get this dreamie because you have no space, I could think of 1 solution which is to get more amiibos in hopes of obtaining a dreamie (when you think about it, you could get ANY dreamie that's non-amiibo, and move out the version you have, then move them back in with the amiibo. That sentence confuses me. Either way, good luck.

If your town isn't 9/10 or full amiibo, amiibo villagers NEVER leave. I know, it sucks and it's a complete scam. I learned this the hard way. But, if it's moving the villager house you want, it won't be hard. Just boot them out with another amiibo then plot reset the next day. If you don't know what plot resetting is, look it up. And be sure to clear a space for them to move before they place their plot. If you can't get this dreamie because you have no space, I could think of 1 solution which is to get more amiibos in hopes of obtaining a dreamie (when you think about it, you could get ANY dreamie that's non-amiibo, and move out the version you have, then move them back in with the amiibo. That sentence confuses me. Either way, good luck.

Thank you, I decided I'll just buy the dreamie's card and try using cards for now until maybe an update fixes this. The bright side is at least I'll have all the villagers I want in card form

Last edited:
Now I'm very confused. I have scanned in most of my current villagers (9 out of 10, to be exact), and several of them have asked leave already. I had Fuchsia who I scanned in, and then HATED her house placement and I moved her out without a problem - then scanned her back in after I created a place for her I liked better to move in. I also have scanned in Jacques, and just today he asked to leave. Are the cards regular villagers or WA villagers that you're trying to move out? (You probably mentioned it but maybe I missed it.)

Now I'm very confused. I have scanned in most of my current villagers (9 out of 10, to be exact), and several of them have asked leave already. I had Fuchsia who I scanned in, and then HATED her house placement and I moved her out without a problem - then scanned her back in after I created a place for her I liked better to move in. I also have scanned in Jacques, and just today he asked to leave. Are the cards regular villagers or WA villagers that you're trying to move out? (You probably mentioned it but maybe I missed it.)

That's because your town is full of Amiibo Villagers. The game has no choice just to move em out.

That's because your town is full of Amiibo Villagers. The game has no choice just to move em out.

But I mean, when I had Fuschia move in and back out, I had a lot less Amiibo villagers I'd scanned in?

Oh well.. I guess I didn't really pay attention as to who I'd scanned in versus which villager had moved in organically. I just kind of used my Amiibo cards as a cycle, which I think someone else may have mentioned? I just moved in another dream villager and waited for Fuchsia to ping since I kept my villager number at 10; I also have a side-character that I made talk to everyone that I wanted to keep - only just introducing him to those I wanted to move out. Fuchsia moved out really quickly, and then I just scanned her back in and she plotted where I kept open a 3x3 space among my patterns. (The first time a stupid gem rock spawned in there, and she couldn't plot.) So it worked out.

I hope you get your dreamies in quick and easily, OP!

Amiibo villagers can, and will, move out. As I mentioned in another thread: I have 9 amiibo villagers and 1 I received from a trade. Before the trade, my amiibo villagers pinged me quite frequently to move. I'd say about every three days or so.

To give you a little hope: one of my amiibo villagers moved out on me when I was not playing. I never saw the ping, as it was a long period of not playing, and he just moved away. That was Poncho. It was a villager I hardly interacted with, so I can confirm our friendship wasn't anything spectacular.

Amiibo villagers can, and will, move out. As I mentioned in another thread: I have 9 amiibo villagers and 1 I received from a trade. Before the trade, my amiibo villagers pinged me quite frequently to move. I'd say about every three days or so.

To give you a little hope: one of my amiibo villagers moved out on me when I was not playing. I never saw the ping, as it was a long period of not playing, and he just moved away. That was Poncho. It was a villager I hardly interacted with, so I can confirm our friendship wasn't anything spectacular.

But, the only reason yours pinged was BECAUSE you have 9 amiibo villagers. The game has no choice.

Really starting to believe this whole amiibo card bull**** is just a marketing ploy by Nintendo to get us to buy as many cards as possible. Genius tactic, really.

But, the only reason yours pinged was BECAUSE you have 9 amiibo villagers. The game has no choice.

Really starting to believe this whole amiibo card bull**** is just a marketing ploy by Nintendo to get us to buy as many cards as possible. Genius tactic, really.

It would be genius if they had more availability for the cards, imho. ;)

Back