• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Outgrown?

I go from playing competitive overwatch matches & Fallout to playing Animal crossing.

I have so much stress from starting college courses and starting a new chapter in life and also competitive matches can definatly make you stressed by the end of them, It's nice to just lay back and play a cute game with animals fishing,catching bugs,ETC

I loved it when I was a kid and grown up I still love the AC franchise.
I don't think I'll ever outgrow it and it's ok to outgrow it, And hey you can play more "mature" games but go back to animal crossing at the end of the day like I do.
I would definatly suggest going to the gamers lounge for this! There's nothing wrong with outgrowing a game but the way you phrased things is understandable why it would made some people upset.
Good luck with sims 4! It's a pretty good game and I can't even begin to tell you how much CC I have for that game

If ever, I'd stop playing animal crossing new leaf, I'd just use the save and quit trick. That way, my villagers won't move out anytime soon!

I wouldn't necessarily say that Animal Crossing is for children. That's like saying Pokemon is for children. The latter has a LOT of micromanagement to consider, type advantages, understanding of stat weaknesses, etc. Animal Crossing, on the other hand, can be considered a game that you can't necessarily get frustrated over. It's a calm, fun game, that really has no difficulty. It really tickles at the creative side of your brain. I'm 28, and I find New Leaf to be quite the stress reliever.

I would say that as the AC franchise developed over the years and as I got older, my interest in the series greatened, so I wouldn't say I will ever "outgrow" the game but perhaps take a hiatus away from it like I do some times. Being an adult and having real life stresses and a full time job, ACNL definitely helps me unwind. It's very much an adult's game as it is a kid's game. There's so many aspects of it that just make the game so appealing to me, especially the customization part. There's something for everyone, really.

I will never outgrow AC. I've been playing since the Gamecube version, and I was in my 30's. My sisters in her 50's and still plays. I can see myself as a little old woman, sitting in a rocking chair, playing. Most adults have their faces glued to their cell phones. I prefer ac over my phone any day. Some of these people judge me for playing ac. They think I'm too old for video games. It doesn't bother me. I do what I like.

In will never outgrow Animal crossing. I also started playing with the gamecube version when I was in my 20`s.

I played the gamecube version and it was really fun. A few years after Wild World came out, I got into that one to...but I bought the City Folk version for the Wii and immediately returned it. It was right after I had played Wild World for a while, so I guess I was kind of burnt out.

I didn't get New Leaf until way later because of that. I have to agree, that if there wasn't a breath of fresh air (being the mayor and changing up the town) I probably wouldn't had played this one as much. The fact that the 3DS made it easier to connect to play with people also helped.

So I can see why people would grow tired of this...I stopped playing mid 2015 and didn't get back into it until like mid 2016.

Back