• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Losing Animal Crossing Games.

i cleaned and searched my room for weeks when i lost my first cartridge, so i bought a second one. luckily i lost it after i got a powersaves dongle and was able to restore my original town onto the second cartridge.

the first cartridge turned up at a friend's house later... i let them keep it. i don't believe theyve played it yet though. :(

I just recently lost both my ds as well as my animal crossing game. I was pretty devastated about it, and I actually purchased a second copy of the game. I little bit over a week ago, I found it at my cousins house! Now I have two cartridges which I'm really fine with :)

There's always a possibility of finding your lost game. Mine was lost for months.

I lost my first AC:NL town that I've had for over 3 years a few months ago in a crazy sort of way, then found it again.

I went to my mother's house and was sitting at the dining room table playing AC:NL. I changed games, took the cartridge out, left it on the table's place mat and went to sit on the couch. Meanwhile my mother picked up the place mats and put them away. I lost my cartridge for 6 weeks, I tore my house apart thinking I must have lost it at my home.

Then weeks later I went over my mom's for dinner, she took the place mats out and there it was! I had already started another town in the meantime, but what a relief to find it. Now I always put my cartridges away when they aren't in my 3ds.

I lost it last summer, i normally go to a holiday place which me and my parents own a set of caravans at, so I took some friends up and also I decided that I would take my 3ds up so I can play it when it was late night and couldn't sleep etc. Anyway, I have a habit of taking the game out of the 3DS before a journey [and I had brought my 3ds case with all my games in it and also a normal DS] but had left my 3DS up at this caravan

I couldn't find it in the game case so I waited until a week later and went up again, and had my 3ds which had no game in it. Eventually I forgot about it, but in may/June I looked into my games again, and it turned out it was in the case the whole time.

Jeez, I'm so sorry you lost it. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my town. I don't really develop the landscape or anything but I've unlocked so much and I have a lot of my dreamies and all that. Wishing you luck, though!

I bought a new 3DS game and put the cartridge for ACNL into that new game's box.

I forgot that I put it in that box so I thought I had lost it and went about 4–5 months without playing ACNL until I randomly opened that new game's box on day and found it lodged in the holder. Felt relieved and stupid.
I've had the exact same thing happen with some of my other games! I think,, just to be extra sure I'm going to check my games right now to see if I did just that.

EDIT: Nope, sadly didn't find it there.
- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd be seriously grieving.
I'd make and post lost flyers.
I wish I could!! But I know it won't get me anywhere & my family would think I'm very weird... Besides, I have literally no idea on where I could've lost it! It was in my 3DS case the whole time!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i cleaned and searched my room for weeks when i lost my first cartridge, so i bought a second one. luckily i lost it after i got a powersaves dongle and was able to restore my original town onto the second cartridge.

the first cartridge turned up at a friend's house later... i let them keep it. i don't believe theyve played it yet though. :(
That was very lucky!! Unfortunately, I have no idea on how to do all those extra things like using powersave dongles and other attachable things.

Aw man, I'm sorry! Hopefully they try it one day!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just recently lost both my ds as well as my animal crossing game. I was pretty devastated about it, and I actually purchased a second copy of the game. I little bit over a week ago, I found it at my cousins house! Now I have two cartridges which I'm really fine with :)

There's always a possibility of finding your lost game. Mine was lost for months.
Thank you so much for sharing!! These stories have given me hope; especially since I've had no luck at all. I've lost my Ds's and 3Ds multiple times but I rarely lost games so it seems to be one or the other for me. I feel happy for you; you have two towns!! I hope you have fun!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I lost my first AC:NL town that I've had for over 3 years a few months ago in a crazy sort of way, then found it again.

I went to my mother's house and was sitting at the dining room table playing AC:NL. I changed games, took the cartridge out, left it on the table's place mat and went to sit on the couch. Meanwhile my mother picked up the place mats and put them away. I lost my cartridge for 6 weeks, I tore my house apart thinking I must have lost it at my home.

Then weeks later I went over my mom's for dinner, she took the place mats out and there it was! I had already started another town in the meantime, but what a relief to find it. Now I always put my cartridges away when they aren't in my 3ds.
The best way to learn is through experience, right? Oh my gosh that must've been a scare! Luckily you found! I only hope I'll find mine soon. I've had it for 3+ years like you, so hopefully we have a similar experience!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I lost it last summer, i normally go to a holiday place which me and my parents own a set of caravans at, so I took some friends up and also I decided that I would take my 3ds up so I can play it when it was late night and couldn't sleep etc. Anyway, I have a habit of taking the game out of the 3DS before a journey [and I had brought my 3ds case with all my games in it and also a normal DS] but had left my 3DS up at this caravan

I couldn't find it in the game case so I waited until a week later and went up again, and had my 3ds which had no game in it. Eventually I forgot about it, but in may/June I looked into my games again, and it turned out it was in the case the whole time.
Oh my gosh, what a turnout! Great thing you were able to find it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Jeez, I'm so sorry you lost it. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my town. I don't really develop the landscape or anything but I've unlocked so much and I have a lot of my dreamies and all that. Wishing you luck, though!
It should be alright! It seems like it's usually months before anyone finds anything! I've done the same with my towns, except I don't have any dreamies (my only dreamie so far is Molly! I.. don't know many characters). Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
I've had the exact same thing happen with some of my other games! I think,, just to be extra sure I'm going to check my games right now to see if I did just that.

EDIT: Nope, sadly didn't find it there.

Ah too bad, good luck finding it!

It is my worst nightmare to lose any of my cartridges. I hope you find your game.

Losing my animal crossing game or any of my pokemon games is one of my worst nightmares. I care so much about my pokemon and my villagers and all the work I put into my town, I would be so sad if I lost them!!!

It is my worst nightmare to lose any of my cartridges. I hope you find your game.
I completely understand why! I hope you never lose your cartidge! It's not fun.. Thank you,though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Losing my animal crossing game or any of my pokemon games is one of my worst nightmares. I care so much about my pokemon and my villagers and all the work I put into my town, I would be so sad if I lost them!!!
Of course!! I hope you never end up losing your game! It's not a fun experience.

Back