• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Losing Animal Crossing Games.

Pixonii

Bells
Switch
2220-0817-4331
Tasty Cake
Hello! I couldn't seem to find any threads about this, so I hope it's okay to post this! I recently lost my ACNL game. I'm not sure if i'll find it someday, as I could've possibly lost it in a public place, but I'm still looking! I still have the thought in the back of my head saying "It's lost forever! Stop looking already!" so I've already come to terms with that, if need be.

I got pretty far in the game in terms of my main goals for my town development, and I got RV items recently from other towns and everything; I was working on my town more than I'd have in the past 3-4 years of owning it! Now I've gone and lost it, of course! It wouldn't be a "me" thing to do if I haven't! I've lost previous and current portable consoles as well as games in this way before so it's not as surprising for me as it would've been before. I'm still hoping i'll find it someday, though. It'd be a pleasant surprise to find it after a year or two, actually. I think I might end up get ACNL again if I can't find it in the next 1-3 month(s).

Have any of you ever had a similar experience? Did you end up finding it? And if you didn't, did you get another ACNL or game from the franchise to make up for it? I'd love to hear your experiences!

P.S. Have you ever FOUND someone else's game? That'd be very interesting to hear!

I just bought mine in January and I almost lost it when I confused it for Pokemon.
I have a lot of cartridge boxes and I am too lazy to sort them.

I lost my original copy of Wild World when I was in high school, and it was absolutely heartbreaking! I'm not really sure where I lost it or what happened to it, and I never found it again. I have a hopeful heart, though, and I looked for it for months... in the end I just bought another copy of the game. I forgot about it for a while, but every now and again, I'd have a look for it in the hope that it would show up somewhere.

I've never lost my copy of New Leaf, thank God. I don't know what I'd do if I did. I have a second copy, so it's not like I wouldn't have any Animal Crossing in my life, but still, to lose all that work...

I agree finding someone else's game would be interesting. Seeing their town and what direction they were going in with it. It would almost be like a little mystery!

I've only lost my Wild World game, I have no idea where it ended up. I would be devastated if I lost my New Leaf copy.
My friend and I talked about this once of a scenario if someone had tried steal anything with my 3DS in it. It would pretty much be a "Take my 3DS, leave my Animal Crossing!!!" situation.

Well I lost my black 2 but never my acnl ( thankfully )

I've had the same thing happen to me with other games! I used to be lazy with the boxes too, but I decided it'd save me the time and panic if I keep them somewhat organized lol!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haha, I can second on how heartbreaking it feels to lose ACNL! I think my heart and mind haven't really processed what's happening yet but I know I'll feel the pain sooner or later. I hope you never end up losing your ACNL's!! This is my first AC game from the franchise and I absolutely love it so I really hope I find it soon!

I agree fullheartedly! I'd also probably start a thread and/or spread the message about the game since someone would probably be missing it dearly!

Well I lost my black 2 but never my acnl ( thankfully )

RIP to all the pansears you fainted.

I've had the same thing happen to me with other games! I used to be lazy with the boxes too, but I decided it'd save me the time and panic if I keep them somewhat organized lol!

Like- I accidentally put my acnl in my alpha sapphire box and I forgot where it was. My town was left for a month. :/

I get what you mean! I still have no idea what to do lol. I've found myself reaching for my 3DS to play Animal Crossing mutiple times this week so I've resorted to playing some of my more neglected Pokemon games for hours. I hope you never end up getting your ACNL or 3DS stolen!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lucky you!! My little brother had the Black(or was it white?) (2?) ,that I gave him, stolen once. At least you usually don't end up working as much on Pokemon than on ACNL!

Haha, I can second on how heartbreaking it feels to lose ACNL! I think my heart and mind haven't really processed what's happening yet but I know I'll feel the pain sooner or later. I hope you never end up losing your ACNL's!! This is my first AC game from the franchise and I absolutely love it so I really hope I find it soon!

I agree fullheartedly! I'd also probably start a thread and/or spread the message about the game since someone would probably be missing it dearly!
I'm sorry about you losing your game! I hope it does turn up eventually. sometimes you find things when you aren't looking for them!

RIP to all the pansears you fainted.

Like- I accidentally put my acnl in my alpha sapphire box and I forgot where it was. My town was left for a month. :/

Haha, I've had that happen to me many of times but luckly with games that don't look at real time! It's great that you found it before too long, though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry about you losing your game! I hope it does turn up eventually. sometimes you find things when you aren't looking for them!
You have no need to apologize! It was my responsibility, haha. Thank you!! Oh my gosh, I definitely know that's true from experience. Too many times!

I've had problems finding game when I or someone put it in the wrong box. One time I couldn't find a game and it took 2 days before my son found it in his stuff. That was along time ago and he borrowed it without asking. We now have a rule to put it back when your done.
With my ACNL I bought a case and have all the cartridge stored there. I have a separate case that I put the 3DS in when I take my system out for streetpass tags. There are no cartridges in the storage part to I don't lose them.

I have seen message where players have lost their games and have found them days or months later. Hope you find yours soon.

I don't think my Animal Crossing game was a used game. I think it was new.

It's always interesting to buy used games, I bought my Harvest Moon game used and it was interesting to see how far the person who had the game before me got.

As for losing my games, I keep them all in their cases unless I'm playing them because I'm prone to losing stuff easily and these are small cartridges.

i lost so many copies of wild world that i kept having to replace them over and over.

years later, im still expecting to find a copy somewhere with how many turned up as time went on.

I've had problems finding game when I or someone put it in the wrong box. One time I couldn't find a game and it took 2 days before my son found it in his stuff. That was along time ago and he borrowed it without asking. We now have a rule to put it back when your done.
With my ACNL I bought a case and have all the cartridge stored there. I have a separate case that I put the 3DS in when I take my system out for streetpass tags. There are no cartridges in the storage part to I don't lose them.

I have seen message where players have lost their games and have found them days or months later. Hope you find yours soon.
That's a great storage strategy! Thank you so much; I hope so too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i lost so many copies of wild world that i kept having to replace them over and over.

years later, im still expecting to find a copy somewhere with how many turned up as time went on.
I hope one or more turn up at some point! It'd be a nice surprise, I bet!

Jeez i'd honestly cry if I lost any of my games but especially new leaf. I've luckily never lost any games nor have I found anyone else's.

Jeez i'd honestly cry if I lost any of my games but especially new leaf. I've luckily never lost any games nor have I found anyone else's.
That's very lucky; but then again you're probably just responsible with your games! I'm very happy for you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think my Animal Crossing game was a used game. I think it was new.

It's always interesting to buy used games, I bought my Harvest Moon game used and it was interesting to see how far the person who had the game before me got.

As for losing my games, I keep them all in their cases unless I'm playing them because I'm prone to losing stuff easily and these are small cartridges.
I agree! Although sometimes when I do end up getting a used game, I feel like I'm intruding haha...

Yeah, I think I should've taken that strategy more into consideration ^^;

My two cats are jerks and like to take off with all kinds of stuff like my jewelry, my debit card, my amiibo cards and any game cartridges I leave within their reach. I just keep whatever I don't want to lose in a closed container now xD

I did find the cartridge, though. And my debit card (months after getting a replacement), and most of my jewelry. Some of it's gone for good :T

Last edited:
My two cats are jerks and like to take off with all kinds of stuff like my jewelry, my debit card, my amiibo cards and any game cartridges I leave within their reach. I just keep whatever I don't want to lose in a closed container now xD

I did find the cartridge, though. And my debit card (months after getting a replacement), and most of my jewelry. Some of it's gone for good :T
Oh my gosh! XD Welp, at least you find all of the things they take in the end, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your edited post! Welp, at least you got some of it back! May your cats be a bit more considerate next time!

Last edited:
I bought a new 3DS game and put the cartridge for ACNL into that new game's box.

I forgot that I put it in that box so I thought I had lost it and went about 4?5 months without playing ACNL until I randomly opened that new game's box on day and found it lodged in the holder. Felt relieved and stupid.

I'd be seriously grieving.
I'd make and post lost flyers.

Back