• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you consider your town "finished"?

PandaMasque

Not a real panda
Bells
White Cosmos
White Tulip
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
I've been playing ACNL for 3 years and have clocked in over 1000 hours of playing this game. All that time has made me look over aspects of my town that could still use improvement and... I'm still not done with everything! I don't have 10 permanent residents and I've been cataloging everything possible to work towards achieving 3 golden homes. I've also been considering changing the pathways and landscaping... gosh, there's so much to do in this game!! I love it. I'm so happy with my town though that I'm actually considering getting another copy once I'm finished. I came up with a really funny town concept I would spend another few years on.

How many of you guys have finished your towns? How long did it take? If you're new or still working on it, what are your goals to complete it?

I've had MapleBay for two years or so and I still view it as incomplete. I have over 1k hours total, I've put so much into it and everytime I think I'm close to done I change my mind and scrap everything completely.

My goals currently are just to get a pathway I like, Meaning where to plant things and put pwps to get a layout that feels natural. I have one right now but I just don't like it and I'm worried about taking it all apart and doing it all over again. I really want something that just feels spacious and very overgrown forest vibes

Last edited:
I've done a bit of time traveling to obtain some of my dream villagers. And yet...the town's not finished yet. XD
I still have to sacrifice my flowers in order to get the fly for the museum. :/

I've had MapleBay for two years or so and I still view it as incomplete. I have over 1k hours total, I've put so much into it and everytime I think I'm close to done I change my mind and scrap everything completely.

My goals currently are just to get a pathway I like, Meaning where to plant things and put pwps to get a layout that feels natural. I have one right now but I just don't like it and I'm worried about taking it all apart and doing it all over again. I really want something that just feels spacious and very overgrown forest vibes
it's easier when you have a solid theme or concept to work with. good luck on deciding your landscaping!

I've done a bit of time traveling to obtain some of my dream villagers. And yet...the town's not finished yet. XD
ughhh that's right I still have two things left for the museums. can't you stash away your flowers/hybrids? good luck on catching that fly!

Mine is still very incomplete since I've only started playing for about 2 months. There's always something to improve in my houses and PWPs to unlock... which is very rare :( I'm doing a Harry Potter themed town so I need a lot of rare items. The forums have helped me so much :)

I've been playing since the release and still change my main town around. Every two weeks I walk around town and look at each area to see if anything can be changed. With the new campground opening in the way I had to change what was there.
The catalog is complete for all 3 players living in the towns, mayor badges are done and 2/3 need 3 more badges.

My 3rd town outside is complete. It's my beautiful town and happy with the placements. Got very lucky with the villagers placing their houses in the right spots without plot resetting. The catalog is done there but all the players need to work on their badges.

Yes buying another town is a lot of fun. My 2nd town is just for online players to visit. It's fun to add different flowers that you would never use in your main town.

No, probably 90% finished. Little things like filling a few sections with hybrids, getting those last few fish/bugs, and the horror basement. I did pick up a second file to occupy me until an inevitable new main series game. Please Nintendo, give us that Switch installment

If you ever fish up a tire from the ocean and leave it on the beach, a fly appears! It did on mine. :)

not at all! in fact, i'm considering pulling up all the trees and bushes and stuff and completely relandscaping my town!!

My town is finished, I'm not moving out any villagers or removing any pwps. The flowers could be rearranged someday (but probably won't be), I've gotten too lazy to do anything else. I'm really happy how my town turned out, I am very proud of it. :blush:
My game is not complete though, I want to complete the catalogue but haven't really started to collect the welcome amiibo stuff, I'm also missing random items here and there and many gyroids.

My town is finished, I'm not moving out any villagers or removing any pwps. The flowers could be rearranged someday (but probably won't be), I've gotten too lazy to do anything else. I'm really happy how my town turned out, I am very proud of it. :blush:
My game is not complete though, I want to complete the catalogue but haven't really started to collect the welcome amiibo stuff, I'm also missing random items here and there and many gyroids.
hey congrats on completing your town! Cataloging is a never-ending endeavor now with the amiibo update. I know there's so much to do, but I would consider being satisfied with my town a 100% complete game. x0D

Course not. XD In a way, its normal that we think this. Because over the years of playing the game, we change and we change our own ideas and layouts as well. For example, when you first start you might of not known much, that's normal and you usually just try and get a nice town, make it sweet and neat, then you figure out a lot of stuff along the way and get to know others and they are abl to tell you more things that could make your own town perfect or something you find interest off. You grow and learn lots of stuff through this game and still got a lot of stuff to do for all your players, thats what i like about it XD

i have 3 towns, and none of them are finished.

the closest one is clarity though, as i only need two more dream villagers, and then im done.

For sure your towns are beautiful!

As for mine, I hope I'm getting close to get a DA.

I've done landscaping and decorating houses/interiors for my second town but my catalogue and badges aren't in any way or even close to finish lol. I'm too lazy to do those kind of stuff right away.

Back