• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you consider your town "finished"?

TheRealm is definitely finished, has been for a long time. I may add & expand on the houses in WeeHaven, but other than that, it's finished as well.

In both towns:

I have 10 permanent villagers (dogs & pigs!)
My fish/bug catalogs are complete
My museums are complete
All main street & permanent PWPs are complete
PWPs are maxed at 30
Landscaping and paths are complete
I have all Shrunk's emotions
I have all Brewster's gifts (the 4 Brewsteroids are in club LOL in both towns)
I have 4 player houses in each town, all themed and decorated

What else is there to do??? I played for months after the Amiibo update, even got all 56 cards, but now I'm bored again.

I've saved both games just after asking a villager not to move and put my cartridges away for now. I'll be taking a good long break (once again). Maybe I'll pick it up again this winter.

WeeHaven%20Update.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, definitely not. I've had the game for several years and made several towns, but none of them ever felt close to being done. Every time I think I'm close, I find something new to dislike or a dreamie moves. And I do not want to go through the sixteen cycle so I just reset >.<
Hopefully I can stick to my current town.

- usa-chan

I've only clocked in 600 hours over the last 3 years, but I consider my first town finished. I've never been the type to aim to fill out my catalogue/catch everything/get all the badges, so for me, I don't take that stuff into consideration when thinking about the completion of my town. I decided my town was finished when I completed all the landscaping and furnishing because that's what I enjoy doing most. I still have the beach to do, I guess, but I mainly use it for storing my hybrids. I never go down to the beach in dream towns anyway, so I think I'll leave it the way it is.

I'n currently remodeling my first town because I'm very unhappy with it. Villagers are in bad spots, Reset Center is near my house which was a stupid move for me to put it there, police station is also in a bad spot, there are too many flowers, pathes can't be seen clearly with the trees everywhere, and I didn't use up the space good. I did consider my first town done, though it's a long way to get "finished" by how my town looks.

I just restarted my second copy and it's going to take awhile to make it all beautiful. I usually time travel a lot in my towns, so I'm having a little challenge to how many days I could last without tting. Also I was unhappy again with my second town because there wasn't really anything to do left. I have most of the projects and got money from my previous town, so I didn't have to wait to get the stuff.
I'll probably never have a town finished.

TheRealm is definitely finished, has been for a long time. I may add & expand on the houses in WeeHaven, but other than that, it's finished as well.

In both towns:

I have 10 permanent villagers (dogs & pigs!)
My fish/bug catalogs are complete
My museums are complete
All main street & permanent PWPs are complete
PWPs are maxed at 30
Landscaping and paths are complete
I have all Shrunk's emotions
I have all Brewster's gifts (the 4 Brewsteroids are in club LOL in both towns)
I have 4 player houses in each town, all themed and decorated

What else is there to do??? I played for months after the Amiibo update, even got all 56 cards, but now I'm bored again.

I've saved both games just after asking a villager not to move and put my cartridges away for now. I'll be taking a good long break (once again). Maybe I'll pick it up again this winter.

WeeHaven%20Update.jpg

Lookin' good on both!

In terms of landscaping and interiors, I consider Tinytree finished, although I do change things around according to the seasons. I've had that town for a year. However, I still have tons of fish and bugs to catch and badges to obtain. I'm in the silver-bronze stage for a lot of them.

I'd say my town is 70% complete! I've had my new town since last May, but it's gotten very great in the span of a year! I have all my dreamies but one, most town areas are complete, and my two characters are done! There's still lots of PWP I need, but it's amazing so far and I'm proud of it, especially the pathing! I consider hacking eventually to add extra touches, but I'm so happy with it currently!

When I first got New Leaf, I played for about two years on a town and got it pretty far in terms of what I thought the finished town would look like. I could tell I was slowing down getting to where I thought it would be done, so I ended up restarting.

Eventide is getting closer to being finished, but there's a lot that I'm unsure about, as well as houses and areas that need to be finished. But the closer I get to finishing a town, I've realized, the less I play. I suppose in my subconscious, once you perfect your town there's nothing else to do.
But I've started another town recently, Aurora, that I don't have a goal for. So with these two towns, I don't feel like everything's done, and I remain motivated.

Tbh, I think the day I consider my town finished is the day I restart it.

In the past I was the same way. I've restarted more times than I can count. With my current town Linwick I had been on hiatus for months and came back to an unfamiliar town, but I decided to keep going with my original idea. It has come so far T.T I could never wipe it with how much work I put into it for once. I recently got a 2nd file to start from scratch on and it just makes more sense to me.

Nope! Not at all. I thought it was finished and decided I didn't like it anymore.. Starting over now, ahah.

Astoria is far from finished. I know I want to do another total relandscaping, but I have so few ideas I'm hesitant to tear everything down yet. Might be a bit before I have the courage to do it.

I have been working on my town for three years and a couple months off and on and, no, its not fully complete. However I do consider the outside area/landscaping done for the most part. But the main reason why I would say my town is not complete would be the interior. I have three characters including my mayor, and while my mayor's house is done, my characters are not.

But I did finally feel confident enough to make a dream address in cherry blossom season (though I have updated it since then).
Landscaping was the funnest part for me, as well as dressing/customizing my characters. But the interiors are so hard to do sometimes!

Well, these are some little things I like to take in mind before I finish the game:
-Finish bug, fish and diving encyclopedia
-Finish the museum
-Possibly finish as much as the catalog as you can
-Fully upgrade your house
-Get the max amount of HHA points
-Finish Main Street
-Upgrade all the shops
-Get the 'perfect town' rating
-Get all your dreamies (if you have dreamies in the first place)
-Learn all the emotes from Dr Shrunk
-Grow all the fruit in your town (depends if your town is themed or not)
-Grow your town tree to the biggest that it could grow
And the last vital step that you have to do to see if your town is successful is to:
Step 1: When you start the game, tell Isabelle that you need help with something.
Step 2: Press Re-Create the town. Don't worry, you can cancel this after everything has been said.
Step 3: Say that you're very sure that you want to start a new town. Tell Tom Nook that you want to start over, not take a break.
Step 4: Tom Nook will reveal the price of your town. If it is 999,999,999 Bells, that means that your town is done.
NOTE: Your town selling price itself should be 999,999,999 Bells. Not the catalog with it.
Step 5: If your town is 999,999,999 Bells and you have done all the other stuff that I mentioned, then you have the option to keep playing the game, finish the game or make a new town.

Last edited:
Is my town finished? No but close.
Steps to finishing my town: Get all unlocked PWP's to build my park and etc., move in some villagers that would fit my theme better, touch up on pathways and landscaping, finish 2 houses (1 is fully complete and the other one is getting there)
Hours/years logged: 1k+ hours and almost 2 years now

Back