The benefits of having a second character

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I've only played my Mayor, I never really made a second character, unless I'm plot resetting. What is the benefits of having another human character besides having more room for designs? It just seems like more work.

I've only played my Mayor, I never really made a second character, unless I'm plot resetting. What is the benefits of having another human character besides having more room for designs? It just seems like more work.

It's super helpful for themeing a town. Adding an extra character basically gives you a whole extra house to design. You can also use them as additional item storage. The secret storage makes them even more insane for items. 360 extra slots!

If it seems like more work the you should only make a second character after your mayor finished his house etc. so you don't get bored of the game :) I agree with everything casual.kyle said

Hmm, if that's the case I will consider making another character but it might be a while before that happens. I never really considered the extra storage space.

Eventually your mayor will get more furniture than they can handle. I just put all my important but not used stuff with my other character, like series, hybrids, dlc, etc. There's also Redd and Katrina. If you see 2 genuine paintings you need or want Katrina's PWP faster, an extra villager is your friend. There's also benifit of a villager having empty storage space. Stock up on fruit, rare island bugs/fish, and turnips into your new character's storage, then sell sell sell! There's also been giveaways here in TBT. I just load up a new villager with empty to very little storage space for them, that way I can grab as many as possible without any pocket problems.

Not only does an extra character serves for even more storage capability, but it also allows you 1 extra purchase at Redd and 3 extra orders in any VR from Campground.

I added two extra characters for more storage and to speed up getting Katrina's fortune teller shop.

It's great, I use one character for currently unused seasonal furniture and unorderables, and the other one for plants.

It's also fun to have extra houses to display furniture. I haven't fully upgraded the secondary houses though, just enough to get the secret storage.

I have an extra character named Irisa to help me hold on to hybrid flowers I don't want to breed, and other supplies. This helps me during rainy months and other things. I also have her for creating a new house to decorate the town, and right now I make her buy saplings and fertilizer to get an extra Gold Shovel/Axe, in case I as mayor lose my own.

Additionally, I even 'role play' as Irisa at times: A carefree, scrappy Tomboy, who seems to love talking to her neighbor Tutu. She doesn't always succeed on tasks, and often has some not-so-bright moments, like blatently missing bugs and fish. Not very social, as she never likes schedules, and often refuses house visits. Very obsessive about flowers, too...

Role playing like that is quite fun! xD

I honestly just made a second character to put in a story for my town lol.
His name is Pansage and he has a huge crush on Nana.

I'm convinced to get a second character now. Sounds like a lot of benefits come with having more than one character.

TBH, I'm getting more than 2 characters, but they will move in on different seasons.
Pansear moved on Winter while Pansage moved at the Summer.
Panpour and Aipom will move in Spring and Autumn.

Setting up their houses seemed fun but it's become quite the undertaking. I do use all the design slots though.

Oh wow! So many of these things I had never considered! I made a second character solely for the QR space, but utilizing the storage and extra purchases at the campground is really cool. I will have to use my other character more frequently now.

More room for patterns, another house to decorate, more storage space, another character to dress up. They're really helpful with themed towns as well. c:

More patterns and storage space. I want one but at the same time I don't have enough space for another house ._.

-more storage space
-room for more patterns
-can get more items (more than 3 from the campground, etc)
-two birthdays per year
-can get more items at events

- Room for more patterns
- The chance to see what it's like to not be mayor
- Gives you another house to decorate (If you can't decide between designing a all fairy-tale or harmonious house let's say)
- It's like starting over but not really because you're still in the same town BUT it will give you a fresh slate encyclopedia, catalog, emotions, house - wise.

-more storage space
-room for more patterns
-can get more items (more than 3 from the campground, etc)
-two birthdays per year
-can get more items at events

That's right. I'm setting my characters' birthdays on April 9, my actual birthdate. Funny, how it's the month with Shari and Tammi's birthdays in it.

Back