• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things You Hate/Dislike About Animal Crossing

Mayor_Rhena001

Always Waiting
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Lily
White Rose
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
:confused:

Let's discuss things we hate/dislike about any/all of the games in the Animal Crossing series~!

What I hate the most is when people go into someone else's town, and they're only there to ruin EVERYTHING. Chopping down trees, digging up bushes, messing with villagers...you get the idea. Honestly, my li'l bro would be that kind of person because he doesn't play games like Animal Crossing and prefers games like Monster Hunter or Xenoblaxe Chronicles X. But other than that, I've never had anyone do that to my town...

[ QUESTIONS ]

* What do you think about Resetting/Time-Traveling?
* Have you ever used Amiibo Cards/Figures?​

Top 10 things I dislike about AC:
1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Nothing
4. Nothing
5. Nothing
6. Nothing
7. Nothing
8. Nothing
9. Nothing
10. Whenever I try calling for Nana, Kapp'n responds.

* What do you think about Resetting/Time-Traveling?
Resetting? Oh I really feel bad about that. It's like The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku all over again, but starring Isabelle.
I think time traveling can be quite beneficial, but then again, it's kinda cheating.
* Have you ever used Amiibo Cards/Figures?
Nope. I don't have a reader sadly.

^ It's totally impossible for me to call Fang with the megaphone :p

What immediately comes to mind is when villagers change shirts and catchphrases (but ESPECIALLY shirts) with each other. It makes me not want to give them deliveries even though I want the friendship boost, just in case the gift turns out to be an ugly shirt. I don't understand why the option to change their clothes when you talk to Isabelle doesn't just revert them to their original shirt.

I dislike how there are over 1000 items sold in the Nooklings' and Able Sisters stores but you only get a random selection of a few per day. I'm so glad this community exists so that trading items is possible.

I dislike how hard it is to get the pwp suggestion that you want.

Your questions:
I am guilty of resetting and time traveling a lot. I'm not sure if it counts as cheating, but regardless, I don't think there's any harm in it since ACNL is not a competitive game. There's nothing wrong with resetting to make sure you get a map you like or a villager moves into a certain spot. And some people don't have the time or patience to play year-round or wait days and days for things to happen, and that's ok.

I've never used amiibo cards, I have an old 3ds and don't own an amiibo reader. I like some of the new villagers, but I've heard the cards are really hard to get now.

Last edited:
I reset and time travel a lot just to get things done. I'm plot resetting a ton of villagers at the moment and im not gonna wait like a year til Its all done its much easier to time travel to get it over with and perfect!

I have all the amiibo cards and most figures and use them all the time! I love them so much.

Now for things I dislike..
1. I NEED more customization options!!
2. the 10 villager limit suckssss lemme have 15!
3.This is kind of customization as well but bigger towns, maybe upper and lower levels.

those are the three main things I can think of for new leaf.

I don't like how small the town has become in New Leaf. I know it's an issue to do with how large the game is on something as small as the 3DS but I miss how huge the towns were in City Folk and the original game.

- Weeds. Do I have to say anything?
- Guilt tripping. More common in the older games, where not playing the game for more than a week and a half would make everyone hate you.
- Mosquitos. They always bite me everytime I finish a conversation in the GCN game, and in City Folk/Let's Go to the City, they are much smaller than usual.
- How hard it is to keep villagers inside your town in CF/LGttC. They mention that they are going to move and they say they will make their mind up later. No matter how many times I talk to them, they never mention moving again and then they move out.
- The small number of villagers allowed in town in the later games, especially CF/LGttC and New Leaf.
- Gracie in the GCN game.

* Nothing much. I've only time travelled once many months ago as I was trying to get a villager to move out and Bob to move in (eventually I found another way to get him in). I've only ever resetted in New Leaf to unlock the Reset Center and whenever the game crashed.
* No, since I don't have an NFC reader (I have an old 3DS). The amiibo figures I have are not related to Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
- Weeds. Do I have to say anything?
- Guilt tripping. More common in the older games, where not playing the game for more than a week and a half would make everyone hate you.
- Mosquitos. They always bite me everytime I finish a conversation in the GCN game, and in City Folk/Let's Go to the City, they are much smaller than usual.
- How hard it is to keep villagers inside your town in CF/LGttC. They mention that they are going to move and they say they will make their mind up later. No matter how many times I talk to them, they never mention moving again and then they move out.
- The small number of villagers allowed in town in the later games, especially CF/LGttC and New Leaf.
- Gracie in the GCN game.

* Nothing much. I've only time travelled once many months ago as I was trying to get a villager to move out and Bob to move in (eventually I found another way to get him in). I've only ever resetted in New Leaf to unlock the Reset Center and whenever the game crashed.
* No, since I don't have an NFC reader (I have an old 3DS). The amiibo figures I have are not related to Animal Crossing.

Hmm The only times my villagers changed their minds about moving is when I talk to them about it, denying or accepting the move.
If I really don't care for when the villager will move, I'll just ignore the rest of their pings, regardless if they are pwps or not.
I actually got some of my villagers to bring up the topic of moving when i talk to them normally after they ping me and accepted them to move out.

Condensed towns- Not enough room for me to implement ideas into my town because of how small it is...

Plot resetting- Boring.......

Villager interactions- You can't really do much with the villagers. They need to interact more with their surroundings (Catch bugs, fish and maybe even donate to the museum every so often etc.) I'd also like to see them be able to upgrade their houses, maybe after a certain period of time they can expand. Also, there is a lack of villager conversations too in my opinion :(.

Permanent rocks- ...

I hate when people are rude on Club Tortimer, like if someone's trying to catch a beetle you don't zoom by (even if it is an accident it is best to walk slowly on the island). I think it's annoying because it has happened to me even though iv'e been very respectful of the other user when they are trying to catch something.

* Honestly it doesn't bug me, I've had to reset my town twice, I've plot resseted a couple times or if something goes wrong I'll reset. It works and is creative and helps a lot of people out.
* Yes and I like the concept

Seems like whenever town hits the max amount of residents someone will always want to move 2-3 days later no matter what. Why can't there ever be a happy period of no one wanting to move so you don't have to worry for a week or two... I always found it annoying having to walk in front of every villager every single day.

All these bad things happening to you guys about moving vilagers, while there's nothing really wrong with my accounts regarding the topic.

I completely HATE how many ugly shirts there are in the game and I hate how my villagers find the absolute worst ones to wear. Another thing I really don't like is when I give someone a catchphrase that fits them and their personality really well and it spread to other villagers...

Another thing that bothers me (I dont exactly hate it I just want more) is the interaction with villagers like some people said it can be kinda dry.... some villagers really just say the same stuff over and over and its hard to get. I want their AI to get smarter and so they have smarter and more unique conversation

I wish there was an option where you could reset the villagers interior. It's sorta difficult to keep them as original as possible because they're always asking to have packages delivered, giving away items in their home to you, putting things up for sale in Re-tail or interacting with another villager and swapping clothes.

You almost have to do so much to prevent and even so, they will somehow sneak something passed you. I don't mind updating their home a little, but when they fall into the "I'm wearing the barber tee and now my original clothes are packed away in my house!" cycle.

To answer the Qs.

I don't reset or TT, but to each their own.
I have used Amiibos.

I wish there was an option where you could reset the villagers interior. It's sorta difficult to keep them as original as possible because they're always asking to have packages delivered, giving away items in their home to you, putting things up for sale in Re-tail or interacting with another villager and swapping clothes.

You almost have to do so much to prevent and even so, they will somehow sneak something passed you. I don't mind updating their home a little, but when they fall into the "I'm wearing the barber tee and now my original clothes are packed away in my house!" cycle.

To answer the Qs.

I don't reset or TT, but to each their own.
I have used Amiibos.

I'm actually having fun experimenting Nana's house with lovely furniture and polka dot furniture.
I quickly regret everything when I gave her an eel. I tried giving her a goldfish, but the eel won't budge.

I'm actually having fun experimenting Nana's house with lovely furniture and polka dot furniture.
I quickly regret everything when I gave her an eel. I tried giving her a goldfish, but the eel won't budge.

Once they love on something, they will forever treasure it. She probably gave the eel a name, like Olga. Olga the eel is there to stay. Learn to love Olga. 😵

I goofed real bad by giving Tiffany a partial fossil. Now, Tiffany has a giant t-rex tail sticking into her wall, and refuses to let it go. I tried twice to buy it from her. "No, I can't! I'm too attached!!"

- I hate having way too many rocks and not being able to move or remove them
- The ponds locations aren't 100% random
- When a villager moves on a bad spot
- Very few spaces for patterns, I'd like at least 20, since you need at least 10 spots for a cool brick QR path
- You can't fully cover your buildings exterior floors with patterns.
- Yes, I reset and TT.
- No, I don't have any amiibos.

Last edited:
Questions:

No, I don't reset, the game clearly doesn't want you to, and makes you feel bad for it. You should let the game play out the way it plays out, no do-overs.

Yes, I DO Time Travel. I feel like they added a change time option to make it easier to time travel because Nintendo knows people do it. I think they are letting people choose to wait and play in real time, or time travel if they are hardcore gamers. I respect them letting us choose instead of trying to prevent time travel altogether!

Here are the things I dislike about Animal Crossing New Leaf. I think the game is almost perfect the way it is, but there's a few minor things that bug me (no pun intended). I try to avoid issues that involve what they could have but don't. For example, more villagers, more shops, bigger map. They really couldn't help these issues. And they aren't really issues, but player wants. I stuck with things that I believe for the most part could be fixed.

1. It takes waaaaaay too long to run from the dock to the museum and back, especially if it's multiple trips.

2. On certain event days, you can't have normal conversations with your villagers.

3. Some of the special characters dialogue gets too repetitive, wish they could have different words for them to say every now and then.

4. You can't use silver/gold tools on the island.

5. Lyle is waaaay too dialogue heavy.

That's all I can think of for now. If I get more I will make another reply.

I really can't stand that I cannot choose where my villagers houses are plotted :(
More customization would be nice instead of randomized maps/building locations/fruit type etc.
I am annoyed that furniture is tedious to move. I like how HHD implemented a new way of moving furniture.
I am bothered the snooty ACNL villagers aren't as snooty as say, ACWW. In general, the dialogue could be more diverse amongst characters.
The immense amount of villagers that exist but only a select few are favorable amongst players. I think the designers of AC need to focus on making more of the villagers look aesthetically appealing, since all their dialogue / personalities are grouped the same anyway.
The lack of texture slots

I think Animal Crossing is great game which, with each main title, is getting better. There are little things that bug me, but I don't think they're strong enough for me to say I hate them.
I think that resetting is entirely up to the person who owns the town. I personally, have never reset my town since I bought it 4 years ago, and I still love it. Sometimes a person may need to reset if it means them getting into the game more, or they're just bores with the town they have.
I have no problem with time travelling. I do it myself occasionally and although I try not too, sometimes I give in to temptation of getting my ordered items faster.
I have used Amiibo cards/figures in my town. I have three Sanrio villagers living in my town which I adore (Marty, Chai, ?toile).

Back