• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon 07/06/2017 Splatoon 2 Direct

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
Nintendo have just announced a Splatoon 2 Direct will happen on July 6th, 7AM PT/10AM ET.

DD0M1IXWAAATwh0.jpg

No ones posted so what do you guys think they will show at the direct?
Are we thinking just a recap with a bit more detail or new stuff?

The hype is real I need that bubbler.
I'm lactose intolerant but ice-cream all the way!!

Marina

giphy.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

Im so fricking excited now

I really liked both of the off the hook gals. Marina looks pretty nervous, that's what I like!

Poor Pearl. Some people think that liking Marina more means they have to bash Pearl. Yes, she kind of looks like a brat, but that's what I find endearing about her. She looks like this cutesy little snobby princess but she's actually a rapper, and Marina looks more hardcore and kind of sexualized but she is the calmer voice in the songs and she seems timid and uneasy.

I'm also very interested in the fact that her tentacles are mostly black, which is what the elite Octoling color seems to be.

latest

It could just be a very deep purple though:
Splatoon-2-Marina-Off-the-Hook.png

f92.jpg

Last edited:
Poor pearl , shes getting so much hate , i dont like Pearl (ily marina) but still ;O;
Also , is it me or Marina looks like a female octoling?.

Last edited:
I think its more on the inside (Personality) that counts as popularity for these two females.

Demo is out in US and Jap atm, you can atually play and explore before the splatfest starts- just no online stuff

Marina's design and voice is like...perfect tho. And then there's Pearl...she's got an interesting design I can say that much xD

The hype is reeeeal. I don't know how I feel about separate ranks, my splat zones is going to be forever in C- and rainmaker/tower control in A+ lmao. But I guess in theory it will work to separate your skill level for each rank, I always feel sorry for people who have me in splat zones so no need to worry now.

I was kinda hoping that there would be 2 more shops available for pants and hair respectively, but it appears that you only get 4 options for each thing. I was expecting to be able to buy new pants gear and change your hairstyle like in ACNL. I wonder which gender inkling is going to be more popular this time around; in Splatoon 1 girls were more popular because of their hair but
the girls hair options aren't that great in Splatoon 2. The guys hair is way better in my opinion, so it will be interesting to see who will be more popular! At least we get pants though.

I thought Salmon Run was going to be a new ranked mode mixed in with splat zones/tower control/rainmaker. But they've left it aside. I think it's cool how you can unlock gear from there specifically, and I can't wait to try the new mode.

I'm kinda sad that they've completely changed all the characters and what they sell. I was thinking it would continue on from Splatoon 1, like Agent 3 got called in for new mission and so on. But we're Agent 4 now (did Agent 3 overdo themselves in ranked? ;) ) in a new Inkopolis. I think we can definitely tell the Callie has been abducted, possibly turned evil, by now since we haven't seen her at all. I wonder if they're going to explore what happened to the Squid Sisters (and their possible downfall??) or just keep it to an extra on the Nintendo website. I hope they do explore it in the game!

I so called it that they were going to do another testfire!! Too bad I won't be able to participate AGAIN... I just knew they'd do it. They're clearly saving the good themes for the actual game though, Cake vs. Ice Cream is quite boring haha.

So 2 years of Splatfests guys...Welp, we now know when the next console is coming out! ;)

Anyone think Marina could be related to Octavio? Seeing as shes a DJ Octoling and all

Ok ok. You like Marina for her looks, I like her for her personality. Just deal with it alright? Don't think you can mess with this post.

Anyone think Marina could be related to Octavio? Seeing as shes a DJ Octoling and all

I have the theory that Marina could have been an octoling that decided to be part of the inklings and stop her fight with the inklings and instead be friends?.

Last edited:
Back