Trouble getting Sable's mannequin

Kitsey

cosmic love
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
One of my alt characters hasn't received the mannequin from Sable yet. The QR sewing machine has been unlocked for a few days, and I continue to talk to her with that character every day.

I created a different alt character at the same time and he has been buying everything in the Ables' shop b/c I wanted the second mannequin from Mabel. And he has already received Sable's (and Mabel's).

Now I'm realizing that I haven't actually bought any clothes using the other character... is that a hidden requirement for Sable's mannequin? Everything I've read just says "befriend Sable," so I thought that meant talking to her only.

As far as I know just talking to her works. I only ever play as my mayor cuz I don't have enough personal time to devote to more than one character, so who knows, maybe you do still have to buy clothes

Yeah once I finish getting the alts' houses furnished, I'm going to go back to playing as my mayor only.

I'll keep talking to her every day, and buying whatever clothes are left over that my mayor doesn't already have catalogued. Hopefully she gives me the mannequin soon! I just thought I'd get it on the same day that my other alt did.

According to the entry for mannequins on the Animal Crossing wiki, you get Sable's by befriending her and purchasing 50 items on either side of the shop. For Mabel it's 51 items on her side only, and Labelle's you get it by buying at least one item a day for 31 days, but it doesn't have to be consecutive days

So I've been adding Alts to various towns and I know it says somewhere "talk to Sable x Times" but with this one character the QR sewing machine is unlocked but she's not giving a mannequin.

I wish I could be of more help but honestly I'm in a similar situation.

I hope it works out for you!

According to the entry for mannequins on the Animal Crossing wiki, you get Sable's by befriending her and purchasing 50 items on either side of the shop. For Mabel it's 51 items on her side only, and Labelle's you get it by buying at least one item a day for 31 days, but it doesn't have to be consecutive days

Oh noo that's unfortunate. Thanks for looking that up, I wonder why nothing else I've seen is clear about that. Good thing I just transferred a ton of bells over to that character.

Have you bought any clothes with the character you're having trouble with, HHoney? Hope your get your mannequin soon too!

Last edited:
Also looked up Sable's wiki entry, says to befriend her you have to talk to her once a day for a few days, and it takes ten to use the QR machine. So the earliest you can get her mannequin is the day she has an actual conversation with your character, assuming you buy out the stock on both sides of the store each day (5 on Mabel's side + 7 on Labelle's= 12 items per day)

I've definitely talked to her for more than 10 days, I've just gotta go crazy buying everything now. I've never even gone into Labelle's side of the store with that character :p

Back