• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cleaning tips?

Locket

Bells
Switch
2956-5463-1794
Friday the 13th Candy
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Blue Mote of Flame
I've been trying to clean different aspects of my house (helping my mom,) but I lose motivation.

1. What is a way to get motivation to clean?
2. Is there anything to make it faster?

aw): the thing that helps me the most is listening to music. it puts me in a better mood and makes it more fun. i wish i could give you more advice than just that):

aw): the thing that helps me the most is listening to music. it puts me in a better mood and makes it more fun. i wish i could give you more advice than just that):

i second this. having music on that you like and dancing around and singing can make cleaning just a bit fun,

Well, the longer you put it off, the worse it'll get.

Just do one room at a time/day or you'll overwhelm yourself. The only motivation I really thought of was to watch Hoarders. :)

I dedicate one day a week to grocery shopping and cleaning. After I am done shopping I tell myself that I have to clean at least 3/5 areas of the apartment. Bonus points if I do all 5. Then once I am done I treat myself to the computer, games, TV, etc. I tell myself that I don't get to do those activities unless I clean.

It's good to reward yourself for doing certain things. And take it one step at a time!

I recommend cleaning as you go along your day. It doesn't have to be big things, it can be things like putting that cup you left on the table the other day in the sink, or putting your clothes away, etc.

I normally focus on sections of the house to make it go faster. I hate cleaning but at night I get really restless, start organizing and cleaning.
I'll start by putting on youtube commentarys,Storys,etc as background noise to do something while listening to.
Then I focus on one task so I don't get overwhelmed. I'll lay out everything I use to clean so I can visually gauge how long it'll take me. Since I get bored fast and distracted, The less I can see the more willing I am to do it because it doesn't feel like a ton of work.
I'll first dust everything cross it off, one less thing I have to do the closer I am to being done.
It really helps seeing what you have to do so write it down. Once you're done you won't have it nagging at you anymore! Sorry if this wasn't helpful but it works for me and any advice I can give to help is great.

For one, pick up after yourself. It makes a going difference. So those little things add up. If you pick everything up at the time, all that's left is like dusting and vacuuming

I usually take it section by section of my house. And listen to music.

I'm the worst at cleaning ever, because it goes like this:
1.)MOTIVATION: I get super jazzed up for it and I get READY, get my hair in a bun and everything.
2.)STARTING: I start strong, usually this starts with moving everything into one area, usually from the floor to my bed and getting a load or two of laundry done.
3.)DISTRACTION: I find things while cleaning, like things I forgot I had, or things that bring back memories and I end up spending half my time playing with and looking at my stuff...
4.)LOSS OF MOTIVATION: I get really tired, usually want to eat or lay down for "just a minute" so I move everything off my bed, back to the flood so I can chill for "just a minute"...
5.)GIVING UP: Realize that just a minute wasn't enough, start to watch something, or just sleep and say I'll do it again tomorrow.
^REPEAT^

Listening to music, focusing on what you get to do when you're done, maybe making a list of everything you need to clean and checking it off? That's what helps me the most. It helps me be able to psychically see me responsibilities and checking them off gets me motivated c:

I agree with a lot of the posts on this topic already. Have music playing but don't let the music be too distracting and write down all the steps and check them off.

For me it's something like (__ Trash, dishes, clothes.. __ Clear off table.. __ Organize the papers). Heck maybe wear a weight vest while doing it so you get some exercise as well.

Don't get it dirty in the first place.

Oh, and once you start cleaning, don't stop - as it's harder to keep going if you've felt the amazement of not cleaning for a break.

put on music or T.V in the background ... I even put on let's plays of animal crossing while I'm cleaning :) Makes it so much better.... Also sometimes I watch room cleaning videos to motivate myself hahah

For me: Ipod and thinking about something worse to do, do the trick ;)

I'm always doing a lot of cleaning when have something else unpleasant to do or am too stressed out.

I'm not a real fan of kpop but I think it's a best music for cleaning, Bollywood is not bad either. Heavy metal is too tiresome and mellow music makes me want to lie down instead.

Oh and I allow myself to have a drink with that, something less boring than water.

Last edited:
Hi there, I think we should follow a checklist which can make our cleaning work easy. Cleaning is the time consuming job and we should do it by listening music and this can make cleaning work with fun. I have also heard about professionals who provides cleaning service. Recently, when my friend was moved to his new house he hired professional moving companies queens who provided him moving and cleaning services. According to him their way of working was quality driven. I think this can also be the best option.

Back