• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite game OST?

Besides animal crossing I would have to say my favorites would be either legend of zelda windwaker because I get goosebumps and fantastic memories when listening to it, or the undertale soundtrack, I really love music and it was hard to decide which 1-3 of them I could pick but I decided with LoZ windwaker, Undertale, and of course super mario sunshine because its bomb.

Animal Crossing takes the cake for me; simplistic, relaxing and beautiful. I've even made myself a playlist of fan made songs for the 24 hours.

Mario Galaxy is second. Gusty Garden, Good Egg, Buoy Base, Purple Comet, Slimy Spring...

Journey

Edit: Oh yes. Why? Because the soundtrack really captured the essence of what the game is about, which is wordless emotions. This and how it's what gave me one of my most memorable gaming experiences during a time when I was very down.

Last edited:
Mostly Zelda OSTs (especially the 25th Anniversary Medley),
also Kingdom Hearts series, Child of Light,
and quite a few others I can't quite grasp at the moment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND JOURNEY! How could I forget, I used to sleep to this all the time at its release.
Thanks, @Dad! (that's weird to say LOL)

Let's just say, Splatoon 2 is the way to go.
I'm practically in love with the Squid Sisters, Really good singing voices and looks in general.
My two favorites are Tide Goes Out and Bomb Rush Blush, with Spicy Inktation (Idk if that's the name of it lmao) following behind them. Besides that, I guess TF2 would make some good background music.

I think I've answered this before in a similar thread, and I may have given a different answer then lol. But here are some of my favourites.

Abz?. Holy crap, the music made me actually shed tears while playing. Beyond words.

Kingdom Hearts, of course.

Final Fantasy XIII. I don't caaaaare what y'all say, I love the game and the soundtrack

Last edited:
Sunset..I love that kind of old political folk stuff so it's right up ma' alley.

I love the music in Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Minecraft.

So there are quite a few that really get me
Final Fantasy XI - makes me kinda emotional?? Maybe it's memories, tsch.
Okage Shadow King OST - ruin me oh mY GOD
Undertale - Has a pretty cute soundtrack for the most part
ACPG - the original maan, can't beat it
The Minecraft Story Mode OST actually really gets to me, didn't see it coming - the song 'No More Creepers' kinda just makes me think of it being the end of my own personal adventure, and I can just sigh and look into the distance and zone out and it will all be fine.
but my all time favourite HAS to be The Beginners Guide OST - Ryan Roth is a really good composer and the music for TBG is so strange and confusing sometimes (take whisper machine) but can suddenly become beautiful and gives me the sweet chills. (The song 'Va' makes me feel like everything is gonna be ok - theres a forest near my house that I sit in with my ipod and i just put on va and its really calming, ' D.S. Coda' makes me feel emotional and makes me feel like its the end of my own story)

My top 5 OST

The World Ends With You
Persona 3/4
Bravely Default
NieR Automata
I am Setsuna

Any hacked copy of Smash with your favorite songs added.
I'm going to go with Bravely Second personally. Yes, Second over Default. Default's soundtrack was mostly classical with some hints of rock, and gave the feeling of 4 friends just going out on an adventure. Which is completely fine and fit perfectly well with the game, and the music is still great. But imo Second used music more effectively. It's one of those cases that if you listen to the music without playing the game first, you won't quite understand what makes it special and it seems pretty generic (besides the completely way over-the-top normal battle theme). But the game's has a much darker mood than the first game and events happened much quicker (we can all agree that Bravely dragged on a bit too long at times) and the music enforces this perfectly. Bravely had its dark moments like Mephilia drugging (?) 2 girls that were like 8 to kill each other (well actually her sisters + De Rosa were all a bit nutty), but you forget that once "He of the Name" starts playing. Second has you fighting a psychopath that killed his own son and mentally tortures people for fun/to make up for it while THIS SONG is playing. You quickly realize that you aren't winning that fight, emphasized by the foreboding music. After a while of stalling, *plot* happens and the music changes to something much more somber. This song usually only plays when talking to someone with an extreme amount of guilt and dread, but this is the only time when it plays during a battle, and is also the boss' way of showing that he's given up, on the battle and on life in general.
Also the Ba'al theme returns from the first game unchanged, but the new Ba'als added match the theme's creepiness and uneasiness. Goldie and Mega Ultra Waifu Chicken are great, and they put up a good fight, but they are pretty basic to the insanity that Second pulls out from absolutely nowhere.

Also a quick shoutout to Miitopia having a strangely amazing OST? Apparently the Rhythm Heaven team worked on it and it sounds very similar to their style, but it works so well (even the slight hints of dubstep. Yes, good dubstep in a mii game. Never expected to hear that, did ya?) so props to them.

I'm the same way. When I am working on school work or a project I always turn on an OST for background noise. Usually I will listen to one of the Zelda games, because the music is iconic. Sometimes though I go further back and listen to 64-era OST like Paper Mario or Donkey Kong 64!

I have several actually: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Journey, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.
I love the dungeon themes in EoS and the soundtrack of that game is extremely nostalgic for me too~

Both Journey and Brothers have fantasy-like music, and it's really catchy and ambient-- especially Journey.
I'd recommend all of the soundtracks if you're drawing or doing homewrok~

Pokemon the core games
Pokemon md
Final fantasy 7ahhh so good
Dkc tropical freeze almost every level had its own song!
Harmonknight
Yoshis wooly world it's so bubbley and sweet!
Undertale .
Ac -everygame
Heroes of the Storm ost is gud

Off the top of my head:

Ecco the Dolphin
Okami
Kingdom Hearts

JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOO

The US version of that game ruined that by changing the name to Jet Grind Radio, plus in the US version they say "RADIO!" instead of "RADIOOOOOOOOOOO!" which is disappointing. I believe they reverted those changes when the game got rereleased though.

My favourite soundtracks in video games are:
- Animal Crossing (N64 / GCN)
- Animal Crossing: Wild World and City Folk / Let's Go to the City
- Super Mario 64
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Mario Kart DS
- Pokemon Gen 1 (Green, Red, Blue, Yellow)
- Pokemon Gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
- Team Fortress 2
- DOOM (original, 3DO version despite the bad port it had amazing music)
- GTA 3 (underrated soundtrack that gets too much hate)
- GTA Vice City (the 80's music is amazing)
- GTA San Andreas (I'm just used to the music due to how much I played that game)
- Burnout 2: Point of Impact
- Old versions of Minecraft (before 1.6 added new music which was meh)
- LittleBigPlanet
- LittleBigPlanet 2
- Penny Racers (PS2, also known as Gadget Racers in US and Choro Q HG in Japan)

I've obviously missed a few, but I can't be bothered to add them in.

Last edited:
ahah, i'm always really bad with these. picking favorites isn't really a talent of mine. i love the danganronpa, animal crossing, monster hunter, and spore soundtracks though. the first three paper mario games as well

Last edited:
Back