• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite game OST?

Marmoset

Cebuella pygmaea
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
For some reason I am much more productive when I listen to OST's as background music. AC, Stardew Valley, etc.

So what is your favorite game soundtrack and why? Any recommendations are welcome for work background noise :)

*breathes heavily*

I love video game music

My favourites are: Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Persona series, Sonic, Pokemon and of course Animal Crossing. :)

My favorite will always be Final Fantasy VIII (8). I think it's because that game meant so much to me as a kid. There are quite a few tracks that relax me every time I listen to them. Same thing with the Klonoa: Door to Phantomile soundtrack, that was the first video game I ever played so I have more nostalgia reasons for liking that. I also really like the soundtracks to all of the Mass Effect games.

My favorite is definatly Life is Strange's OST

Probably Sonic Adventure, which also happens to be my favourite video game of all time.

Portal 2 is an extremely close second.

Omg sometimes I get really into video game music. My favorite is probably The Last of Us, but I've made myself a mix cd of a bunch of songs from the Kingdom Hearts games and another one with songs from the Silent Hill games that I still listen to all the time.

Heyo! I really like the OST of ACNL (of course), any Pokemon game, Minecraft (It gets annoying sometimes since I play Minecraft hours on hours and it makes me impatient but when I'm in a good mood I love it!), many Zelda games and Undertale's OST (although it's kind of all over the place in terms of length, speed and feeling in each song).

I tend to find myself also looking up video game ost compilations for studying on youtube since I don't know many games yet and it introduces me to very cool songs as well as games!

Oh my God Undertale. The main songs are all awesome, they all have the powers to HIT YA RIGHT IN THE FEELS even if you haven't played the game. I also love the vocal covers out there. And one thing I personally like about it is, as Pixonii said, the shift of tones from music to music. I like that particular thing because I can listen to it when I'm sad, when I'm focusing on something, when I'm happy, when I'm trying to sleep...

Bayonetta 2, Portal 2, PMTTYD and Halo 2 all tend to be video game soundtracks I find myself listening to. Bayo2 most out of all.

LISA, Undertale, Pokemon, Night in the woods, AC, and Kirby.
Most of them are catchy and relaxing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

LISA, Undertale, Pokemon, Night in the woods, AC, and Kirby.
Most of them are catchy and relaxing.

I think I enjoy Halo 3: ODST's the most. The sound of the saxophone playing sorrowful tunes as you explore the city at night by yourself looking for your squad amazes me.

I'm actually quite the OST connoisseur, I even have a *shameless plug incoming* playlist for my favorites!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpeohn97f3nzAnHGV5fiaalmjAIjY_nbu

My favorite would probably be Wind Waker. Zelda already has great music, but something about the Wind Waker OST is really nostalgic, and just feels like adventure. Also, I LOVE all of the Wind Instruments.

Everything around .hack//

because honestly. The music produced by Yuki Kajiura, or Akira Yamaoka from Silent Hill are some of the most hauntingly beautiful tracks I have ever listened to.

Ooh, game OSTs.

Some tracks from the Bravely series are pretty good, like The Day The Wind Blew, Ringabel's special move theme, Caldisla's theme, and the final dungeon's theme. (Honestly, the final dungeon's theme made me slightly nauseous when I was finishing the game. It's so disturbing!)

My favourites from FE: Fates (Birthright) are Far Dawn (both Normal and Storm), Alight (Storm), Quiet Burn (Roar) and Dance in the Dark. There are probably more but this game has so much music in it! I love that the battle themes change as you switch from battle view and map view.

Recently I've been playing an absolutely fantastic game by the name of Horizon: Zero Dawn. The hype is true this time. It's been made beautifully in every way, including the music. My favourites are Meridian (both Day and Night), Atmosphere IV, In Great Strides and Your Hand of Sun and Jewels. Breathtaking stuff. My absolute favourite would have to be Meridian's night theme (Meridian, Shining). It started playing just as things were picking up in Meridian and I really felt awesome with it playing in the background - like some kind of post-apocalyptic James Bond robot-rider.

Right now I really love the OST to the game Viridi on the PC. It's really chill and nice to have on in the background when I'm online or playing another game.

My all-time favorite OST is Final Fantasy VIII. It brings back such great memories and I still love "Eyes on Me" to this day.

Viridi:

FF8:

"Eyes on Me":

Back