Favorite game OST?

i really love the ost for deus ex human revolution!!! also assassins creed 3/4. the theme song of uncharted in all of its versions is beautiful. and of course acnl, especially the night tunes in the snow version haha

Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil Remake
Silent Hill 3 and 4
Killer 7
Turok 2
Streets of Rage 2 and 3
Dracula X (Snes)
Castlevania Adventures 2
Goemon's Great Adventure
Zelda Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker

Just to Name a few :lemon:

Last edited:
I also remember really liking the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks and Star Fox Adventure. Basically anything from the Rareware days is usually good.

Last edited:
Q: Favorite game OST?

A: Out of all the games that I have played throughout my entire life... It's quite difficult to pick only one favorite game OST. Hahaha. Lately, the game OST that I have been currently listening to is .hack//G.U. Last Recode since the game had merged three games into one (Vol. 1 - Vol. 3) with an added addition (Vol. 4). The game is a remaster of the original PS2 .hack//G.U. series for those that do not know. The OST for that game is quite superb that I recommend that one should give them a listen.

This is a very hard choice to make. I will have to say hands down Chrono Cross. I absolutely loved the score for that game. I remember also just leaving the game on a screen for hours and racking up play time just because I loved the song for that area. It is a very beautiful piece of art. I somehow someway will always return to listening to it throughout the year.

A close second is the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. That is packed with nostalgia and good feelings all around.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Donkey Kong soundtracks are great as well, and Final Fantasy X, not so much X-2 lol.

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII too.

Katamari Damacy's OST will most likely always be my favourite or one of my favourites. I also love the Bayonetta soundtrack for both of the games and Splatoon's soundtrack (also for both games).

Last edited:
Final Fantasy IX tops my list. A verrrrrry close second would be Ori and the Blind Forest. That game has an AMAZING soundtrack.

I think I've answered this before in a similar thread, and I may have given a different answer then lol. But here are some of my favourites.

Abz?. Holy crap, the music made me actually shed tears while playing. Beyond words.

Kingdom Hearts, of course.

Final Fantasy XIII. I don't caaaaare what y'all say, I love the game and the soundtrack

Aaaaah the part where you swim with the Blue Whales. :D

Also, no shame in liking the FF13 soundtrack. This is one of my favorite tracks in all of gaming alongside OoT's Forest Temple:

The synth beats that kick in at 1:11 are nothing short of amazing.

When it comes to favorite, it really is dependent on the mood, situation, etc. However, Kingdom Hearts always gets my gears and heart moving so strongly and so quickly. However, Zelda is nostalgic and relaxing. It also gets my imagination running to the hills. :p

Dunno if they've been mentioned, but Transistor has a really good vocal OST, especially if you've played the game and know the scenes... Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazingly fun. Final Fantasy and Oblivion are also pretty top-notch

Last edited:
My favorite OST might be Kingdom Hearts 1. I adored that CD and played it all the time when I was young. I also really enjoy Final Fantasy IX's soundtrack! Another honorable mention would be Splatoon's in both games, as the songs always hype me up!

Dunno if I've posted but ( I'm no order unless noted )
1 earthbound ahh~ahh~Ahh~
2 FF vii UNLESS it's mid 2nd disk - 3rd disk overworld song that Actually sometimes kept me up at night.
3 ( this is the noted ) SPA SPA SPA SPLATOON! the best thing any mortal video game composer could actually make!
4 Pokemon
5 Pokemon oras I loved Rse's original sound track and Bam This happens! So much nostalgia
6 Pokemon usum / gen 7 I can't believe how much of a comeback they made with this sound track especially ( imo ) non repetitive battle music!
Much much more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dunno if I've posted but ( I'm no order unless noted )
1 earthbound ahh~ahh~Ahh~
2 FF vii UNLESS it's mid 2nd disk - 3rd disk overworld song that Actually sometimes kept me up at night.
3 ( this is the noted ) SPA SPA SPA SPLATOON! the best thing any mortal video game composer could actually make!
4 Pokemon
5 Pokemon oras I loved Rse's original sound track and Bam This happens! So much nostalgia
6 Pokemon usum / gen 7 I can't believe how much of a comeback they made with this sound track especially ( imo ) non repetitive battle music!
Much much more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

3 times i have posted here~ should I stop?

Champoin theme in Pokemon SuMo/USUM

NieR:Automata probably has my favourite soundtrack, though I love the original NieR's OST too. Both games have incredibly powerful music, and they're a pleasure to listen to while drawing and doing other monotonous tasks. Some other favourites of mine are Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Monster Hunter Tri, Megaman X (and Maverick Hunter X), numerous Zelda games, Star Fox: Assault, and Blade & Soul. I could probably list tons more, I love video game OSTs, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

as others have said, undertale has a beautiful soundtrack. one of the best ever imo.
i also love the ace attorney soundtrack, it's very fun and exciting (most of them, at least).

also... deemo!!! deemo is entirely around music and all of the songs are beautifully composed and are so fun and aaaaaaa. i highly recommend deemo both to play and to just listen to. i actually have a playlist of a handful of my favorite songs from deemo (both with and without vocals) that i've listened to many times while doing work.

Last edited:
I am a HUGE fan of Undertale's soundtrack, Toby Fox's music has always been relatively important to me since I was about 12 and I feel like he really refined his style in Undertale.

Super Mario World also has a really catchy and amazing soundtrack, but so do most of the Mario games in general.

Back