• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who is less popular than you thought they should be?

i always thought Ribbot would be more popular; he's a robot, how cool is that! plus he's a jock robot, which is totally ludicrous and hilarious...

I guess i'd say Pudge tbh!! the bear cubs are pretty popular and well liked, and imo I think he has one of the cutest expressions, he looks like a confused teddy bear. Imo it's always the villagers with lazy or confused expressions that are the most popular, so I was surprised. He also reminds me of winnie the pooh and I think that's a redeeming quality, since not many people like him.

i always thought Ribbot would be more popular; he's a robot, how cool is that! plus he's a jock robot, which is totally ludicrous and hilarious...

definitely ribbot!
I love puns. I love how his name is a pun. his house is cute too.
also, I like to have at least one of each personality type in my town, and he's 100% my favourite jock villager.
actually, he's one of my favourite villagers of all time! I was devastated when he left my town. I'm re-creating it soon, and I'm super excited to have him back.
tumblr_opk8yzKa5J1r3tzoqo1_500.png

man, he needs more love... :(

I'm surprised that Apple, Nana, and Gayle are so far down on the list... they're so sweet! Plus everyone likes pink villagers, so...

Bow because Nintendo won't being him back. I'd have to say almost every lazy villager that isn't really popular. So any lazy villager not named Lucky, Bob, Punchy, Beau, or Stitches. Some jocks also should probably be more popular such as Kody, Drift, Pierce, and any jock bird.

Last edited:
I am actually genuinely surprised that Joey isn't 'popular'.

He's a yellow duck, how do people just pass him off as boring he is literally one of my favourite villagers. However it may be due to the fact i had him for ages then he left all of a sudden. I need him back in my life.

And who doesn't love his bloody eyebrows?

Last edited:
I think Celia is absolutely adorable! And Pudge is pretty cute too :)

I'd say I'm surprised Rod isn't in the higher tiers. He seems pretty great.

Camofrog and Purrl
latest
latest

Definitely Margie and Alfonso. Those two characters were really good in the movie, yet hardly anyone even likes them. Other mentions include Camofrog, Purrl, Rod, Claude, Gayle, Hopper (yet another movie character), Ribbot (a robotic jock frog, how can you not like that?), Jay, Bones and Tangy (I always thought she was popular, but everyone seems to hate her except for me).

Fuchsia, Dierdre, Lily and alot of the sheep. I personally think Eunice and Vesta are super cute and under-appreciated. Some of the RV villagers - especially the dogs and jocks, like Billy and Tybalt - are way less popular than they deserve to be!

Gayle, I literally haven't heard anything about her she's so cute to me though. Alligators deserve love too

I think Sydney, Walt, Purrl and Biscuit are all really cute villagers - They have great designs and personalities and I love them all. Sydney is my only remaining villager of my original five and I'd be really sad if she moved away and Walt and Biscuit randomly moved in and I loved them both. I was really surprised to see that they're all in tier 4-5.

I... really miss my boy Groucho. I had him in City Folk, but I haven't seen him in anyone's town since. I also have this big soft spot for ugly villagers like Jambette and Barold. God, Barold. He was one of my starters and I hated him at first, but his ugly little mug grew on me.
Ahhh... Also Octavian, I think! He's my all-time favorite villager, but of the octopi (octopuses?) he seems to be the least popular. Don't get me wrong, I love Marina and Zucker, but Octavian is just so... cute, idk.

You know who's underestimated? IMG_0264.JPG. My man Beardo here has enough class for the whole town. Look at that beard. That's a well groomed beard. Have you seen his house?? This bear is legit man.

Last edited:
Back