Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
White Pansy
White Violet
Pavé
White Cosmos
Cake
So, I literally only have ACNL and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for what games I should buy?

I'm planning on buying another ACNL Cartridge for a second town where I can just cycle and stuff, and maybe have an Avatar: The Last Airbender themed town (my current town is Percy Jackson themed).

I've already decided to get Pokemon Sun/Moon (I don't mind with either), and both TLOZ games. I'll also get amiibo cards, but that's about it.

Do any of you have game suggestions? I'm not really into tactical role-playing games (like Fire Emblem), so that's off the list.

Thank you so much!

I need to know what games I wanna get before the 6th. :p

I don't know if any of the games that I suggest to you are going to interest you. Might as well give it a shot. Though... I don't have much to offer. You could try out: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, Hyrule Warriors Legend, Persona Q, Tales of the Abyss, the other Pokemon games (Pokemon X/Y or Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Super Smash Bros., Dragon Quest VIII, and Xenoblade Chronicles. This is all I got for now. Sorry. :T

Buy me a copy of Harvest Moon :p

which one do you want? i might actually do it. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know if any of the games that I suggest to you are going to interest you. Might as well give it a shot. Though... I don't have much to offer. You could try out: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns, Hyrule Warriors Legend, Persona Q, Tales of the Abyss, the other Pokemon games (Pokemon X/Y or Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Super Smash Bros., Dragon Quest VIII, and Xenoblade Chronicles. This is all I got for now. Sorry. :T

no need to apologize :D and I was really considering Tales of the Abyss, Hyrule Warriors and Persona Q! But thanks for the rest, I'll list them down and read reviews, gameplays, etc. :)

Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 7 are still some of my favourite games to play, single-player and multiplayer, offline and online. I also recommend Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World if you liked Yoshi's Island on DS or SNES/GBA. It's comparable to the Mario games but a bit more laid-back and the art style is just adorable. If you like amiibo, I also recommend the Poochy and Yoshi amiibo for the game, which are not only amiibo but also mini-plushies and soft and they're very cute alright I love mine. ;u;

I haven't played my copy in ages, but I remember loving nintendogs + cats back when the 3DS first launched. Not much to accomplish, just a level up from the Nintendogs games for DS and very cute and fun to play while relaxing. You can very likely get them for under twenty bucks.

Another great game is Super Mario 3D Land. Any 3D Mario is something I love but this game in particular is really great. Never gets old for me.

If you like shooters, I recommend Kid Icarus: Uprising. Holy heck that game is good. Back in the day there was a huge online community for it. Not sure if it's still there, but it was absolutely fantastic, both single player and multiplayer. Story is also great. Difficulty changes when you want it to change, generally is a fun game. I'd pick it up if I saw it somewhere. Not sure what price it goes for tbh, it varies here in The Netherlands.

Those are just some of my faves. Hope that helps!

I'm playing Persona Q right now! If you like dungeon crawlers this might be for you. :) There's also a fair share of fanservice for p3 and p4 fans which I Thirst for. My hands yearns for more content. B)
Other games I would recommend are: ssb4, story of seasons TOT, xenoblade chronicles 3d plus the other pokemon games. :D

Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 7 are still some of my favourite games to play, single-player and multiplayer, offline and online. I also recommend Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World if you liked Yoshi's Island on DS or SNES/GBA. It's comparable to the Mario games but a bit more laid-back and the art style is just adorable. If you like amiibo, I also recommend the Poochy and Yoshi amiibo for the game, which are not only amiibo but also mini-plushies and soft and they're very cute alright I love mine. ;u;

I haven't played my copy in ages, but I remember loving nintendogs + cats back when the 3DS first launched. Not much to accomplish, just a level up from the Nintendogs games for DS and very cute and fun to play while relaxing. You can very likely get them for under twenty bucks.

Another great game is Super Mario 3D Land. Any 3D Mario is something I love but this game in particular is really great. Never gets old for me.

If you like shooters, I recommend Kid Icarus: Uprising. Holy heck that game is good. Back in the day there was a huge online community for it. Not sure if it's still there, but it was absolutely fantastic, both single player and multiplayer. Story is also great. Difficulty changes when you want it to change, generally is a fun game. I'd pick it up if I saw it somewhere. Not sure what price it goes for tbh, it varies here in The Netherlands.

Definitely going to be trying some of these!!! Rn I only play animal crossing ty for making this thread. Smash bros and monster hunters seems to be the most requested from my friends for me to play.

oh nintendogs! I loved that so much on the 3DS, I might as well get that one. Thanks so much for this! I've listed most of them down already, and I really wanted Kid Icarus for awhile now.

Thanks so much~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm playing Persona Q right now! If you like dungeon crawlers this might be for you. :) There's also a fair share of fanservice for p3 and p4 fans which I Thirst for. My hands yearns for more content. B)
Other games I would recommend are: ssb4, story of seasons TOT, xenoblade chronicles 3d plus the other pokemon games. :D

I haven't played any other Persona game, so I'm super curious. I do plan on getting it! :D
Thanks so much for this! I'll definitely give Xenoblade Chronicles a try~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lego star wars the clone wars.

I'll watch reviews on it and see for myself :) Thanks!

If you're into RPGs, I'd recommend Bravely Default and its sequel, Bravely Second. They're both great games.

I've got a few more games to recommend to those who haven't bolstered their 3DS gaming library yet.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has you explore 5 distinctly-themed mansions in its single-player campaign to complete missions, in which they can last anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. Armed with a vacuum and flashlight, you'll be hunting for ghosts, solve a number of puzzles and face some of the more creative boss fights. Even if your friends don't own the game, the multiplayer portion of the game is worth experiencing. You could even hop on online and search for complete strangers or even friends-only!

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is an interactive turn-based RPG with environmental interaction involving the use of both Mario and Luigi. This installment's main hook emphasize on the latter, with you entering to his 2D sidescroller-styled dream and partaking on giant battles with the oversized sibling. Oh, and it has some laugh-out-loud moments peppered throughout the campaign.

Kirby's Triple Deluxe is a 2D platformer, starring the pink puff himself! He can suck his enemies and acquire an ability off from them. The game essentially focuses on you simply having a good time as opposed to challenging you. The actual platforming is mostly simplistic, but the boss fights can be a notch more intricate, especially if you don't have a copy ability. The same can be said about the more recently released Kirby's Planet Robobot, but the clear difference there is the main gimmick being more badass this time around.

If you were kinda into Harvest Moon, could I suggest Rune Factory 4 then? It mixes both dungeon crawling with everything else Harvest Moon has to offer and I've found all those games to be far more enjoyable the the regular Harvest Moon experience.

I suggest Ever Oasis! It just recently came out and I'm loving it so far :) Also, Fantasy Life is amazing! And any of the Legend of Zelda 3DS games as well, if you haven't already played them.

I suggest Ever Oasis! It just recently came out and I'm loving it so far :) Also, Fantasy Life is amazing! And any of the Legend of Zelda 3DS games as well, if you haven't already played them.
Oh, totally forgot about fantasy life, do what she says and try it out xD

Depending on how you feel about eshop games, I can suggest a few: (prices are my best guess, I haven't been in eshop for ages)

$5-$8 SteamWorld Dig, I can't think of a specific genre that it's in or how to describe it, it's kind of a strategy game.
$5-$8 Gunman Clive 1&2 Platformer, really fun, art styled like a sketch.
$2-$5 Pop Island Paperfield - It's basically capture the flag, it's great for playing with kids.
$2-$6 Edge- Strategy, Puzzle
$5-$10 any of the Virtual console Zelda or Sonic games.
$5-$10 NightSky- puzzle-physics game
$3-$6 Proun+ - agility,racing game- The BEST music!

Cartridge or simply cheaper as Cartridge games:
About $7-Codename S.T.E.A.M-steampunk/faitytale shooter game (download and play the demo from eshop first to unlock stuff)
(???)Sonic All-Star Racing: Transformed, it's a racing game, I prefer Sonic racing games to Mario racing games. (Sonic is faster)

Last edited:
Depending on how you feel about eshop games, I can suggest a few: (prices are my best guess, I haven't been in eshop for ages)

$5-$8 SteamWorld Dig, I can't think of a specific genre that it's in or how to describe it, it's kind of a strategy game.
$2-$5 Pop Island Paperfield - It's basically capture the flag, it's great for playing with kids.

About $7-Codename S.T.E.A.M-steampunk/faitytale shooter game (download and play the demo from eshop first to unlock stuff)
(???)Sonic All-Star Racing: Transformed, it's a racing game, I prefer Sonic racing games to Mario racing games. (Sonic is faster)

Codename S.T.E.A.M. is more of a strategy/tactical RPG. The OP isn't fond of such games.

I've got a few more games to recommend to those who haven't bolstered their 3DS gaming library yet.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has you explore 5 distinctly-themed mansions in its single-player campaign to complete missions, in which they can last anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. Armed with a vacuum and flashlight, you'll be hunting for ghosts, solve a number of puzzles and face some of the more creative boss fights. Even if your friends don't own the game, the multiplayer portion of the game is worth experiencing. You could even hop on online and search for complete strangers or even friends-only!

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is an interactive turn-based RPG with environmental interaction involving the use of both Mario and Luigi. This installment's main hook emphasize on the latter, with you entering to his 2D sidescroller-styled dream and partaking on giant battles with the oversized sibling. Oh, and it has some laugh-out-loud moments peppered throughout the campaign.

Kirby's Triple Deluxe is a 2D platformer, starring the pink puff himself! He can suck his enemies and acquire an ability off from them. The game essentially focuses on you simply having a good time as opposed to challenging you. The actual platforming is mostly simplistic, but the boss fights can be a notch more intricate, especially if you don't have a copy ability. The same can be said about the more recently released Kirby's Planet Robobot, but the clear difference there is the main gimmick being more badass this time around.

oooh, luigi's mansion sounds good! thanks for being super detailed :) i'll add this all to my list.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you were kinda into Harvest Moon, could I suggest Rune Factory 4 then? It mixes both dungeon crawling with everything else Harvest Moon has to offer and I've found all those games to be far more enjoyable the the regular Harvest Moon experience.

oh yes! i played rune factory: a fantasy harvest moon back on my DS lite and i loved it! i'll probably end up getting it. thanks~ :p (and i agree, i found harvest moon a bit boring after a few days)

- - - Post Merge - - -

alrighty, i'll definitely check it out! thanks <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

question, my ds is US locked but i don't live there, can i still purchase eshop games? i've been kind of skeptical about it just because i was afraid i wouldn't be able to get my money back if i can't get the games.

and i'll check those all out! :D thanks for the suggestions (and for including the prices too!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Codename S.T.E.A.M. is more of a strategy/tactical RPG. The OP isn't fond of such games.

no problem tbh, i might as well try it out since a lot of people tend to like strategy games :D thanks for clearing things up though!

You could try Xenoblade Chronicles. I haven't played far into it (i've actually played further into Xenoblade X and I'm only up to chapter 4 on that) but it's a good experience.
You might also like Tomodachi Life and Kirby (especially Planet Robobot).

Back