• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on ASMR?

Thoughts on ASMR?

• Never Heard of it.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tried it, CREEPY!

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I listen to it once in a whIle.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I listen to it every night, it's amazing!

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
My answer is: have heard of it, barely tried it, and I'm neutral in opinion to it.

i think it's rly weird and creepy and it makes my ears want to crawl into themselves and die. small noises like that make me uncomfortable and tired, that's why i listen to music so i can drown small noises out to avoid sensory overload. i hate the sounds that are common in asmr like breathing, paper being torn in your ear, whispering, tapping, scrathong n whatever else.
i really dont understand how people find it relaxing because all it does for me is is annoy me and make me mentally exhausted in a painful way...

I can't really get into it. I understand the appeal, but I get frustrated at it? I am generally a loud speaker and very... expressive, I suppose? So speaking softly is really strange for me.

I love it lol
like I definitely understand why some people find it creepy...but I just don't. It makes me very calm and sleepy so it's nice for falling asleep
I prefer the tapping/noise ones over the talking ones though. I hate mouth sounds tbh

For as long as I can remember, I've love loved the sound of things like keyboards typing and people writing on paper, and other little sounds like that. so when I found ASMR I really liked it haha

It annoys me when people eat their mics in calls. And ASMR is basically the epitome of mic eating.

I love it to death. My fave ASMRtists are Latte, Soy, Ppomo and Tingting. They're all adorable and have the sweetest voices!

Well I'm not of the above on the poll so I'm out there or something, it's weird what it's showing me on YouTube like shoe shine and unwrapping combs? xD I thought it was more like peaceful music like Release Inner Conflict & Struggle video which is really nice, cuddly and refreshing y'know. I don't mind if the sound was soothing which I don't see at all. xD ASMR appears to require concentration and absolutely typical ability, not something I'm into.

ok i'm ngl i really like it. i only like specific people and specific sounds though, i hate anything to do with mouth sounds, it makes me feel so uncomfortable. also i don't get 'tingles' or triggered or whatever it is i'm meant to get, i just find it relaxing while i'm trying to sleep

I came back to my dorm room once and my roommate was asleep with asmr playing on her phone

My fave kind of videos on youtube are unboxings (I'm weird af). The first time I've heard of ASMR was when I stumbled upon a ASMR switch unboxing video. The unboxing experience was 999999999 times better but I still don't like it in general idk why

I love ASMR. It helps me when I need to calm myself down for the night. It has to be roleplay, though.

I love ASMR, I never knew what it was called until recently but I've experienced it since I was a child, listening to stories. I'm picky though, I don't like most of the channels on YT. I like Latte ASMR but I HATE tapping noises ;_;

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is also a channel called Check it Out that isn't technically ASMR but the guy's voice is so soothing 8)

some videos can be relaxing. i especially love the ones that have some sort of crafting or handywork like cooking, soap carving, writing, typing.
but whispering, licking, lip smacking, mouth sounds in general are too creepy/gross for me.
and i cant take the roleplay ones seriously. theyre just funny and weird.

I like hearing crack their backs.
My mom watches zit pop videos

but I didn't know people relaxed to it? how?

- - - Post Merge - - -

or is that not the same?

Honestly i tried it but its not creepy , its just , i didn't worked for me. I dont see why people see it so calming?

Back