• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on ASMR?

Thoughts on ASMR?

• Never Heard of it.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tried it, CREEPY!

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I listen to it once in a whIle.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I listen to it every night, it's amazing!

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
Confession: I only know what this is because of the odd1sout.

It doesn't look like my thing, but more power to the people who enjoy it! I do like soothing sounds and voices however like Bob Ross's voice or certain other sounds i find incredibly soothing.

I love theodd1sout! Hehe, the Bob Ross bit...

"And then he beats his brush on the little thing- YOU CAN BEAT ME BOBBY"

I died. Lol.

I love Funky Kong asmr : ^ )

but for real, listening to asmr gives me chills and goosebumps, and not the good kind ;;

I prefer to listen to nature, like babbling brooks or the forest

Last edited:
Tried listen to it, and it doesn't work for me~

I listen to it sometimes. Soothing!

it's not really my thing as it makes me uncomfortable, but aye, to each their own

It's honestly so cringy and bad

Lemme crumple a paper bag in my ear and see if I get the tinglies owo

I like it a lot, it feels great physically and is very relaxing so I listen to it often. However I don't like the type of ASMR that's trying to be "sexy" (eg ear licking ASMR - no thanks).

why was i thinking it said ARMS as in the new nintendo game lmaooo and so i was confused by the replies lol
but uh i like it, more certainly the slime kind. i watch/listen every so often

I find it okay, but I HATE the slime ones ;-;

No one wants to see you poke slime over and over again that's just... eugh no. At least play with it.

I like it but I can't stand listening to the ASMR YouTube channels, it's hard for me to be relaxed when I listen to them. I notice that "unintentional ASMR" relaxes me (like when people are typing in movies or something.)

Last edited:
I'm also made very uncomfortable by it but I can see why people may find it relaxing

EphemeralRift's stuff is pretty interesting.

I've listened to it a few times and it doesn't do anything for me. I HATE the eating ones and the whispering is so so creepy. I like the tapping and scraping but I dont really get anything from that either so I chose not to watch it.

I think it's really cool sometimes, sometimes its soothing. I like weird ASMR stuff like Re-Ment Unboxings. The ripping of cardboard and crinkling baggies make me happy, plus the stuff is cute!

I like MassageASMR and RaffyTaphyASMR. ASMR doesn't give me tingles but it relaxes me and makes me tired. Some ASMR videos are a bit out there, though ...

I don't really get it and find it more bothersome. I kind of just want to deck whoever is whispering in the face.

Lool I thought it was some weird ARMS rip-off but yeah idk what that is so no opinion.

Back