• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Country/Western Themed Town

TamaMushroom

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Lobo
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Leif
Pavé
Happy Home Designer Token
Waluigi Easter Egg
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
ど
--I recently have had the idea to make a town that is Country/Western theme! A lot of the villagers I have in mind do not look too country to me. the themes I tried to look for was Ranch, Green, western type, cacti, etc. I also looked at the songs they play in their stereos. K.K. Country, K.K. Western and K.K. Condor were really good indicators of country themed homes.--

--Also I am not too sure what PWP's I will be putting that have a kind of country, western, small town theme.--

Here are the Villagers I was thinking of being potential options

Villager - Personality - Theme

1. Victoria - Peppy - Country
2. Kiki - Normal - Country
3. Jambette - Normal - Country
4. Kody - Jock - Western
5. Ursala - Uchi - Florist (Could be Like a small own florist, maybe?)
6. Boone - Jock - Cabin/Western
7. Ricky - Cranky - Cabin/Western
8. Simon - Lazy - Desert/Camp
9. Robin - Snooty - Country TeaHouse
10. twiggy - Peppy - Country
11. Amelia - Snooty - Cabin/Western
12. Avery - Cranky - Western/Desert
13 Drake - Lazy - Western/Green
14. Anicotti - peppy - Green/Country
15. Canberra - Uchi - Ranch
16. Hopper - Cranky - Cabin
17. Alli - Snooty - Ranch/Fashion Designer
19. Rudy - Jock - Ranch/Childish

* All the Underlined Numbers are good matches, in my opinion ~

Feel free to give me other options and opinions on what I have complied thus far ~

-Tama

Last edited:
K.K. Ragtime is a good bet to, it has that old timey saloon feel to it.

Kk Ragtime is good, for Pwp's maybe the bus stop and campire fire/log? There aren't any good western pwp's imo.
Some villagers that could work are..
Kody has a western themed house
Kiki
Rudy
Stinky
Epona (or basically and horse)
Avery
Anicotti
I think Drift has a western house? I forget.

Hope this helped!

How about Patty, she is a cow and the exterior of her house would fit in great with the country and western theme.

It doesn't help that some of the pwps that you will eventually add don't really have a good theme for western. The police pwp Zen project does look like the old time sheriff jail, but the Cafe Roost is very modern.

The log bench with a campfire would be a nice touch for a section away from your more developed areas for a 'out on the trail/range feel' like the cowboys herding cattle and being in the wilderness.

It doesn't help that some of the pwps that you will eventually add don't really have a good theme for western. The police pwp Zen project does look like the old time sheriff jail, but the Cafe Roost is very modern.

The log bench with a campfire would be a nice touch for a section away from your more developed areas for a 'out on the trail/range feel' like the cowboys herding cattle and being in the wilderness.

And get a cow villager or two and have their houses out there on the trail away from the town. :D

That actually sounds really awesome! Maybe a cow and horse villager? That way you have variety between the cattle herd and wild horses out in the prairie.

That actually sounds really awesome! Maybe a cow and horse villager? That way you have variety between the cattle herd and wild horses out in the prairie.

Sounds great!

Thank you guys! I am really excited for this town and with y'alls assistance it is making me even more excited! I'm thinking either Patty or Tipper would be really good cow's for the theme.

When I made the list I ONLY looked at what their interior had, not so much what they looked like. Though maybe I should take into account.

I have some more Questions I'd like feedback on:

Town Names?
- I was thinking something to do with Texas. (Open to suggestions though)

=As I was typing I forgot the other thing I wanted to ask=

You can always switch out their furniture in the house. It's harder to change the actual appearance of the villager. There's that to take into consideration to.

That is true! I am also a bit concerned as to the exterior of some of their houses look like. For example. Jambette has a really colorful exterior. I might have her around the beach and make her house a beachy feel, considering it is a bunch of lime green and blue. I know she doesn't look too country but I think her lips (I know, I am weird) and her interior really make for a nice country theme. Anyway I have so more thinking to do, I will keep y'all posted!

-Tama

Before I forget to tell you, you can also switch out the villager's music. So...you don't have to restrict yourself to those who have western themed music as their default. Or so I've been told, I don't know if that's completely true. I'll test it out though.

Before I forget to tell you, you can also switch out the villager's music. So...you don't have to restrict yourself to those who have western themed music as their default. Or so I've been told, I don't know if that's completely true. I'll test it out though.

I didn't know that! I'm curious to see that as well! I might try to switch someones music out!

Yeah I never got around to testing that out yet lol...but I hoped on by to suggest an idea for ya. It might be a cool idea to set up a villager's house as the 'General Store' like they had in the old times for just about everything anyone needed. Set it up right near a group of animal villagers, so it's like you have the town.

I've thought of doing this theme before but felt a little limited by PWPs, so wishing you lots of luck! Some suggestions I have for landscaping:

- Well
- Farmland (QR paths with tilled soil &crops)
- Scarecrow
- Windmill
- An expansive orchard, maybe with a picnic blanket hidden in the middle
- Bus Stop
- Fence
- Flower Bed
- A desert area with dead trees, dirt, and fossils (since there's no outdoor cacti)
- Boot Sculpture because yeehaw (kidding)
- Logbench, Campfire, Campsite for a more mountain-country feel up north with cedar trees

For villagers, I like Angus, Rodeo, Goose, Ava, Curly, Gala, Tipper, Erik, Coco, and Avery. At least, that's who came to mind without looking at a list.

Town names:
Saloon
Spitoon
Dust
Yeehaw
Saddle
Podunk
Cowpoke
Cactus
Outhouse
Lasso
Spur
Ranch
Outlaw

Here?s more ideas for PWPs that I think!
-classic police station
-wooden bridge
-wood bench
-log bench
-bus stop (looks old and wooden lol)
-fence (can put dead trees, stumps and fossils inside)
-water well
-fire pit
-scarecrow
-water pump
-geyser

^^ I like the name cowpoke lol

Town names..
Oxhill
Old Gate
Losthill
Wildglen
Drytooth
Ghostown
Oldstead
dullhowl
Bonepeak
Bonetown
Irongate
Mudpeak
Deadwood

Just throwing some out there I got from a generator!

Back