• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideas for an all-squirrel town?

Alannah20

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I've decided I'm going to reset my second copy of the game in order to make an all squirrel town considering I love the squirrel villagers so much!
But I need ideas for in particular the name of the town and what exactly I should do with it that could relate to squirrels in a way? Particular PWP's, landscaping etc?
Also if you have suggestions for which 10 squirrels I should choose let me know as I haven't fully decided that either!

Town Names:
Acorn
Nutty
Oak

Public Works:
Topiaries
Flower Clock
Log Bench
Bus Stop
Totem pole
Windmill (?)
Bell
Metal Bench

I feel like any park them would do! Squirrels are in parks and forest so either way,i don't think you can go wrong. Maybe you could do a park/suburbs feel for half of the town and a real thick forest for the other half.

-Tama

I second Nutty for the town name tbh.

For me, squirrels are rather playful animals, so maybe a foresty, fall-like park town would be cool? I'm not too sure which pwps you could use, but anything that fits along those guidelines would work well.

Squirrels are awesome!!

There are so many cute squirrels in New Leaf

It would be really cute to have the town set up in two ways:

- 1. Villagers in a cluster all in one area
- 2. Villagers all scattered about

Idea: have each villager have 1 tree near their house - that's where they store their food.

Villager favorites include:
Peanut
Nibbles
Pecan
Marshal

Welcome Amiibo has Sylvana and Natasha - if you don't have the cards you can adopt them from someone here :)

Keep us posted on how your town is going!

Make the paths a dirt one (im sure theres some dirt QR codes out there)
Very forest like, you can also maybe fine some acorn QR codes too!

For town names I think Acorn works very well~

i think a squirrel forest would be so cute! very earthy with flowers scattered randomly rather than in coordinated patches would be cute! like someone else said, dirt paths would be great too (to make sure your dirt paths are in the right place, i think its easiest and most accurate to put down a pattern as a path first and use real paths for a while to make sure your de-grass-ing in the right places... then, after you think you've sufficiently burned the grass away perfectly, you can get rid of the patterns)
sally is such a cutie too! she's a precious normal squirrel, and i rec her :blush: !
(psst she's moving out of my town on the 5th if you'd like her hahaahahhahhahhaha sorry for my shameless plug i want her to go to a nice home and i think she'd love living in a forest with fellow squirrels)

Deffo should be a forest/nature theme. And you totes should get Hazel, love her and her monobrow~

Deffo should be a forest/nature theme. And you totes should get Hazel, love her and her monobrow~

Yep - Hazel has to be there! You'll need the log bench!

Ok so here's a possible list of villagers - everyone feel free to add your own ideas:

Normal: Sally or Sylvana
Peppy: Peanut or Nibbles
Snooty: Pecan or Natasha or Mint
Uchi: Hazel
Cranky: Ricky
Jock: Sheldon
Lazy: Filbert
Smug: Marshal
+1 - your choice
+1 - your choice

Which squirrel is not in this list?

Ok so here's a possible list of villagers - everyone feel free to add your own ideas:

+1 - your choice
+1 - your choice

there's also cranky static! :) and peppy agent s :blush:

+1 - your choice
+1 - your choice

Blaire-snooty
Caroline-normal
Cece-peppy
Poppy-normal
Vich?-normal
Cally-normal

I have a bunch of squirrels scattered throughout my towns:Marshal,Filbert,Static,Sheldon,Sally,Hazel,Pecan,Peanut and Nibbles.I like 'em all and would recommend any of them.

Last edited:
Caroline is really good. She's my favorite squirrel

I personally suggest caroline! She is great c':

some cute town names imo are

nutty
acorn
alpine
pinecone
pine

Good luck with your town!

Wow thanks so much for all the suggestions guys!
I think I'm going to go with Acorn for the town name and i definitely want dirt paths!!
In terms of villagers they're all great suggestions as well :]
Mint is one of my favourite villagers so she'll definitely be there but I'll have to make a list of the others! Both Sylvana and Tasha wojld also be cool to have considering they're new!

If you have the dream suite drop by Town Oakdale and Mayor Berg.
It's an all squirrel town and talking to them might help you pick which villagers to move in.
The town just did a plot reset so their house should be as is.

Please get Filbert, I absolutely love him!!

Back