I'm about to throw this game out the window

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Remember when I said I reset yesterday, yeah I still haven't come across the map I'm looking for. I'm sure after two days of the same run around with Rover, I've seen every map combination this game has, EXCEPT the one I want. Yeah I've seen a few maps I like, but then there is always a pond right in front of the train station. It's like come on!!

This is really getting annoying

Last edited:
Ahhh it really is frustrating, isn't it? :c I've been playing acnl since it came out and resetted like hundreds times now because I am soooo picky but now I have the absolute perfect map and couldn't be more satisfied! :D Just be patient. It will all be worth it once you find your awesome map. Listen to music or watch some tv while you do it if you need to. Best of luck!

Omg, don't we all know the struggle? When I first started I knew literally nothing about landscaping or paths or planning town layouts. I just put things wherever I wanted and didn't think much of it. I've reset a few times since then, and I think it's so hard to pick a good town map! The slate is completely blank and you have to try and imagine what it will look like when it starts to have PWPs and villager houses in it. Plus there's also unexpected elements like rocks! Just stick with it, I'm sure you'll find the perfect map eventually!

Majority or maybe all of the, will always have a pond very close to train station
But don't worry your not the only one to know the struggle

If there's any advice I can give you, this is all I can say...

Take a break for a week or two, or as long as you need, then come back.

No really... That is what I did when got frustrated and reset my first town. The same when my game card got botched during my second town. Calm down, and try to remove the stress you're having with this game. Play some different games for a while, until you feel like having fun playing this one again.

Animal Crossing often places a sense of obligation upon you to play the game, and can can be super addictive to a point of frustration at times. Try to remove that obligation off your back, and clear your mind from the game for a while. Once you do you might find the true map from a fresher perspective.

Just settle. Would another map be so unusable?

Not a good idea to 'just settle' when it comes to a layout. This is a map you want to stick with, there should be more pros than cons. I don't think any map in this game is unusable nor do I believe there is a such thing as a perfect map, but there are preferences that people have.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If there's any advice I can give you, this is all I can say...

Take a break for a week or two, or as long as you need, then come back.

No really... That is what I did when got frustrated and reset my first town. The same when my game card got botched during my second town. Calm down, and try to remove the stress you're having with this game. Play some different games for a while, until you feel like having fun playing this one again.

Animal Crossing often places a sense of obligation upon you to play the game, and can can be super addictive to a point of frustration at times. Try to remove that obligation off your back, and clear your mind from the game for a while. Once you do you might find the true map from a fresher perspective.

This is a good idea. Maybe I'll do this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Majority or maybe all of the, will always have a pond very close to train station
But don't worry your not the only one to know the struggle

LOL yeah, ponds are a pain to work around. I don't mind 2 or three ponds if they aren't in the way. Right in front of the train station is in the way

I don't know if this will help or not, but this guide shows you how to pre-determine where your rocks & ponds will be based on the map. So when you look at them with Rover you can at least figure out if a rock is going to spawn somewhere you hate. Saves me a bit of time when Im resetting! http://gentlyusedleaf.tumblr.com/post/86961099174/petal-parasol-its-finally-here-im-sorry

I didn't know someone made a guide for rocks and ponds. That is awesome! I will definately make use of that. Thank you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I seriously believe there are more Train Station ponds now after the update.

100000% serious!

It does seem like it. When I have people visiting I want them to step off the train and see my trees and flowers, not a pond. Also I'd like to see flowers and trees, not a pond when I come back into town from Main Street

Last edited:
I seriously believe there are more Train Station ponds now after the update.

100000% serious!

Omg I've never had such an issue with this before so I agree! I just did this recently. I kept finding the best maps but they had like 6 freaking ponds or something.

Happytails I FEEL YOU. Take a break, and come back to it later. I took 3 days on and off to finally find one I liked. It's a struggle for sure! Good luck!

I had this issue too, I found a nice map though with the town hall perfectly centred, 2 ponds in the right place and the campsite next to the plaza where retail is behind it. Just be patient, it took me 4 days to get this map I liked.

It would be cool if in the next game Rover asked you more questions like "do you like lakes?" If you say yes, then it'll have a lot of ponds, if you say no, just 1 or 2. And "are you into mining?" If you say no, then you have very few rocks. And maybe some other question that determines their placement and the river's direction.

Last edited:
I suggest you to take a break, I know the struggle, after two days resetting I was really upset,i didn't play for some days and when I got back I got a map I really liked!

Have a break, eat a KitKat then come back to the game.
When I started I knew nothing about the game, and just picked the first map that I got. Still got the same map till this day and i'm really happy with it, just gotta work with what ya got~

I'm taking a few day break from this game. It's not worth all this annoyance and frustration. I'm on a mission with Super Smash Bros to use every fighter in every mode of the game so I'll do that for the next few days the come back to Animal Crossing and try again.

Back