• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town is ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left blank 3x3 spaces. The rest of the town I covered.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stop. Am confused. :(

AC:NL considers the start of a new day to be 6am instead of midnight, so by setting the time to 6am and THEN starting the plot reset process you can save time. ((make a new character, see if you like the placement - if you do like it save the character with a tent to make it permanent and then delete the new character, if you don't then quit without saving and repeat the process - Do not load your existing mayor as the place will be permanent automatically))

Stop. Am confused. :(

Hey, I'll put this into steps for you!

1. Adopt a villager
  2. Save the game & exit the game to main menu
  3. Open the game as your Mayor
  4. When Isabelle asks if you want to begin, say no and change the Date and Time
  5. Change the date to TOMORROW at 5:58 AM
  6. Load up your game
  7. Immediately save and exit
  8. Wait 3 minutes in the main menu screen (so it would be 6:01 AM in the game)
  9. Create a new file (new character) and go through the train ride with Rover
  10. When you arrive in your town, explore your map and find where the new villager and plotted their house
  11. Decide if you like this spot.
I like the spot.
  1. If yes, continue your adventure on your new character! (Find Isabelle)
  2. Do your new character activities until you can save
  3. Save and exit
  4. Load up your Mayor's file and change the date to the CORRECT date and time (TODAY; right now)
I don't like this spot.
  1. If no, press HOME on your DS and force close the game
  2. Repeat the steps from CREATE a new character (step 9) until you like it. No need to change the time

Didn't like Ankha. Trying someone else. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not meant to load it at all at 6AM with the mayor. Or anyone else. I don't understand. :(

It has to be with a new character. If you load your main, the game automatically saves. With a new character , it does not, which gives you the option to try again.

One said to load with the mayor then save. The other set not to.

Brina is angry at me that I didn't want Ankha. Blame the tier list. She's got ******** eyes.
I didn't know.

:(

I can't do anything right.

Last edited:
Butch is so incredibly mean. He constantly bullies me, and all my villagers. Watch out. He's BAD.

On a serious note, Butch is amazing.

Last edited:
I'm not coming back. I have depression and Brina left negative feedback.

I don't fit in here.
I don't fit in anywhere.

Last edited:
Haha, I actually like Butch and crankies quite a lot! If you see my signature, I actually have him as villager in one of my towns :)

I loved Bruce for many different reasons... one being he shared the name of my old band teacher that passed, when he moved i was devastated because i felt like i was loosing him again

Oh no.
Warning long post.
I feel your pain about void villagers. They are so annoying I just got one. I've been in your shoes for sure all my villagers moving by town hall omg.

I'm not advocating plot resetting. It's a pain in the butt.
You probably did this but, did you put patterns all over your town?
The way I use to have villagers move in was I covered every 6x6 area with a pattern or two. The whole town. Honestly at one point I did every other tile in my whole town I was so frustrated.
Where you want the villager to move in you leave a 6x6 spot with no patterns at all. But. You also have to make sure that spot has one space all the way around none touching a rock or cliff or whatever.

I don't do it anymore plot reset or put patterns down because it was driving me borderline insane and crazy. It's very stupid that for a game that focuses on landspacing and town building you can't say where you want houses. It's flawed logic. I've had so many villagers kill orchards and bushes and trees I ended up giving up landscaping for a long time. I actually started planting bamboo everywhere because I felt like if you all want to wreck my nice town, go ahead. You all obviously want to live in an ugly town. Let me help you with that. And then I spent all my time ignoring my villagers and fishing.

I think for me sometimes I have to just take a deep breath and step away from all the... IDK what you call it. The pressure to make a good town?
For example Gladys just voided in. She wrecked some stuff, not as bad as other voids but... I was upset. I was furious, I was sad, I felt sick. I almost couldn't hold my ds from my hands trembling from being upset and me wanting to throw it at all wall because no, no way this isn't happening she didn't plot there no...
This has happened so often. So often. So I'm taking a break for a few days. I come back. It's not great but she'll leave eventually I guess. I'm still upset but... I can't let it ruin acnl for me. If I let it it would but I have to try not to.

Sometimes I miss when all ac was was fishing and catching bugs. And any new move in was something excited not something you had to be worried and fearful of.

Anyway I get how you feel. Hug. Just vm me if you want to take a break from your town and come play in my town for a bit.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me Bliss, except some random spotpass person's voided villager plopped into my town unexpectedly. And I agree, if we're the mayor on the next game, having a say where villager's need to move has to be a thing.

Oh no.
Warning long post.
I feel your pain about void villagers. They are so annoying I just got one. I've been in your shoes for sure all my villagers moving by town hall omg.

I'm not advocating plot resetting. It's a pain in the butt.
You probably did this but, did you put patterns all over your town?
The way I use to have villagers move in was I covered every 6x6 area with a pattern or two. The whole town. Honestly at one point I did every other tile in my whole town I was so frustrated.
Where you want the villager to move in you leave a 6x6 spot with no patterns at all. But. You also have to make sure that spot has one space all the way around none touching a rock or cliff or whatever.

I don't do it anymore plot reset or put patterns down because it was driving me borderline insane and crazy. It's very stupid that for a game that focuses on landspacing and town building you can't say where you want houses. It's flawed logic. I've had so many villagers kill orchards and bushes and trees I ended up giving up landscaping for a long time. I actually started planting bamboo everywhere because I felt like if you all want to wreck my nice town, go ahead. You all obviously want to live in an ugly town. Let me help you with that. And then I spent all my time ignoring my villagers and fishing.

I think for me sometimes I have to just take a deep breath and step away from all the... IDK what you call it. The pressure to make a good town?
For example Gladys just voided in. She wrecked some stuff, not as bad as other voids but... I was upset. I was furious, I was sad, I felt sick. I almost couldn't hold my ds from my hands trembling from being upset and me wanting to throw it at all wall because no, no way this isn't happening she didn't plot there no...
This has happened so often. So often. So I'm taking a break for a few days. I come back. It's not great but she'll leave eventually I guess. I'm still upset but... I can't let it ruin acnl for me. If I let it it would but I have to try not to.

Sometimes I miss when all ac was was fishing and catching bugs. And any new move in was something excited not something you had to be worried and fearful of.

Anyway I get how you feel. Hug. Just vm me if you want to take a break from your town and come play in my town for a bit.

I plot reset today, thanks to all who gave me advice, and after 17 attempts, it worked. ^_^

I feel I can save my town now I know how to plot reset.
I have patterns everywhere, only until I get my villagers, and I leave plenty of space, but they build anywhere. :(

I would like to stay on the forum but only if the negative feedback Brina left is removed.

I let her keep the tbt. I never even blamed her when the adoption she put off, caused a void villager to move in and destroy part of my town.

I was polite, and when I saw the villager I was meant to adopt the next day, I didn't like her. :( I apologized and let her keep the tbt. I do suffer depression and I told Brina that. I am also insulin dependant. I was having a hypo yesterday, when I saw negative feedback from her. :(

I feel she has ruined my reputation unfairly. :(

I don't believe in plot resetting, it's manipulating the game to place the houses right where you want! But I think a town should layout out the way they give it to you, plus, plot resetting takes a lot of time.

I don't believe in plot resetting, it's manipulating the game to place the houses right where you want! But I think a town should layout out the way they give it to you, plus, plot resetting takes a lot of time.

If villagers wouldn't place their houses on bushes, I would agree with you.
I sold New Leaf a month after playing partly because of villagers placing houses.
The update fixing villagers not plotting on paths was the best part of the update.
We can agree to disagree. :)

Best of luck to you Jon on your town.

I don't have much to comment on the feedback or anything but I think a lot of people have one or two negative feedback ratings and all of the positives outweigh the negatives. I'm sorry about that though. :/

I am really glad you learned how to plot reset! It's a lifesaver! It can take for-freaking-ever at times but worth it to avoid destroying your landscaping. I agree with the other users that have said it needs to be an option next game that we decide where they go. At least for now the patterns help a lot. Good luck with your town!

Last edited:
The update didn't fix anything. They built on my patterns, and even blocked a bridge. :(

During the 17 plot resets, they happily plotted in front of my house. In front of town hall. Destroying paths. I couldn't believe the absurd spots the game was plotting. o_O

Luckily, another one pinged to move, yet I can't adopt because Brina left unfair feedback. I've always tried to help people. Even visited someone 100 times in two days, so they could upgrade their station.

I never charge anything for items or RV visits. I've been a good host and visitor. :(

The update didn't fix anything. They built on my patterns, and even blocked a bridge. :(

During the 17 plot resets, they happily plotted in front of my house. In front of town hall. Destroying paths. I couldn't believe the absurd spots the game was plotting. o_O

Luckily, another one pinged to move, yet I can't adopt because Brina left unfair feedback. I've always tried to help people. Even visited someone 100 times in two days, so they could upgrade their station.

I never charge anything for items or RV visits. I've been a good host and visitor. :(

Dang I'm sorry dude! Yeah I agree, some of the spots villagers have placed have had me tearing my hair out too. I have lots of cards, I will scan in one for you if you need. I don't have them all but I just may have someone you want! Don't let one negative feedback get you down, a lot of other people on here are still willing to help!

Thanks to everyone for being so nice.
Brina has refused to take back the negative feedback.

Thank you, Brina.
You don't know what you've done.
Enjoy the tbt I gave you.

Words and actions do hurt people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back