8399-8164-2698
Island
Redwoods
I haven't seen them being sold anywhere

all I want is Ketchup to come and live in my duck town

the only place I can find her card is on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money

why can't nintendo just make more

my problem isnt finding them, its how expensive they are omg

I wish I could find the packs for retail price. The only packs I've ever found are on Amazon for $35-$40. Individually on eBay they can be expensive for the popular ones (I guess? Like wtf, lol, why does there have to be a popularity list). I've had the most luck with this Facebook Group I'm a part of where people list cards to trade or sale. Sometimes they ask for too much, but sometimes you can find someone selling the cards for cheap. I bought Cashmere and Bitty from someone recently for $1 each with $1 for shipping. And managed to get Deirdre from someone on the group for $1, when everyone else had someone selling her around $6-$10. She's my favorite so I was really ecstatic lol.

Yeah, Nintendo​ sucks at keeping stock. It's pretty brutal. I'll be happy when I complete them.

anywhere I can find people selling them is in america, I found a sanrio pack at one point for 40? and I'm definitely not paying that much, I don't get why nintendo can keep the villager cards somewhat in stock but trying welcome amiibo cards is like searching for the holy grail

You can find some on Amazon for a decent enough price, but Nintendo has always had a problem with scalpers. When Fire Emblem Awakening came out, it was scalped. It took about a year for it to finally be printed again.

And Pikmin 3? Oh geez that game wasn't even out that long before it got scalped. I wanted to buy the game so bad in 2013 but I couldn't justify spending $90. Nintendo refused to print more of either of them. They're pretty notorious for this kind of stuff. The only way to nip this behavior is to have Nintendo set limits on buyers.

Last edited:
unfortinately there isn't a toys r us near me :/ and it's not even in a convienient location for me to go to when I'm in the general area

My toys r us is always stocked up so I can't really relate, how you tried your local toys r us? (if you have one)

My Toys R Us did not have any! there are several more I can try to find them at, but the cards are not even listed on their website. It's shame because they are having 15% off sale and it is about $5.00 off of 5 packs, not bad at all!

None of my Targets,Walmarts,Gamestops or Toys R Us have them in stock and it's extremely irritated that the prices for the Welcome Amiibo packs are so jakced up.

I hate how hard it is to find the cards. I've been to many different stores in like five or six different towns, and Toys R Us is the only place that regularly sells some of the series. The only problem is that they only carry series 1, 3, and 4 so I have had to rely on trading to get any of the other series. Since WA cards are so hard to come by, most people don't have them for trade or only want other WA cards for them.

I would buy online, but the prices are so ridiculous. It kind of annoys me how much some people are charging for cards. I'm not going to spend 30+ dollars plus shipping for what is essentially a little piece of paper.

Like I said, Nintendo allows this stuff to happen to all of their merchandise. From full game titles to little knickknacks. They're going through the exact same thing with the Switch currently. If I come across any WA on my hunt, I'll let you all know where they are. I've only seen the villager series sets at GameStop.

Some of the more run down stores like K-mart also have them. I guess most people don't think to hit them since they're so outdated.

I hate how hard it is to find the cards. I've been to many different stores in like five or six different towns, and Toys R Us is the only place that regularly sells some of the series. The only problem is that they only carry series 1, 3, and 4 so I have had to rely on trading to get any of the other series. Since WA cards are so hard to come by, most people don't have them for trade or only want other WA cards for them.

I would buy online, but the prices are so ridiculous. It kind of annoys me how much some people are charging for cards. I'm not going to spend 30+ dollars plus shipping for what is essentially a little piece of paper.

When they first came out they hardly even had them in stores, So since I really wanted a certain villager I looked online for their card. Just for one card it was 20-30$

completely insane.

That is insane! $30 for just one card? lol those scalpers sure are crazy. I can't imagine anyone would cave in just for one card.

Series 1-4 are easy to find, at least online (haven't really found any in stores where I live), and they're always retail price. I get those off Amazon since I have Prime and can get free shipping :/ I would love to find the WA packs for retail price, but I've given up such hopes!

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can find some on Amazon for a decent enough price, but Nintendo has always had a problem with scalpers. When Fire Emblem Awakening came out, it was scalped. It took about a year for it to finally be printed again.

And Pikmin 3? Oh geez that game wasn't even out that long before it got scalped. I wanted to buy the game so bad in 2013 but I couldn't justify spending $90. Nintendo refused to print more of either of them. They're pretty notorious for this kind of stuff. The only way to nip this behavior is to have Nintendo set limits on buyers.

This is kind of a new term for me, what are Scalpers? Is it like, people buying things out and reselling for ridiculous amounts or something?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, i dunno if anyone has mentioned, but Toys R Us was having a sale on the Animal crossing Amiibo figurines. $7.99, buy one get two free. I dunno how long that sale is lasting, if it's even still going on, but might be worth checking for anyone looking to collect those!

Last edited:
Scalpers are basically how you summed it up. I don't know how the term originated, to be honest. I have a few ideas, but they're probably wrong. Like scalping the minds of honest buyers.

Scalpers are basically how you summed it up. I don't know how the term originated, to be honest. I have a few ideas, but they're probably wrong. Like scalping the minds of honest buyers.

Thank you! That's such a shame, though :( It's so disheartening to go on Amazon and find the packs for $40 when they should honestly be no more than $10.

i'm gonna have to try toys r us. i convinced my sister to drive me to a bunch of gamestops and best buys in the area but we couldn't find any.

but yeah i saw the $40 packs on amazon and thought they were like more than one pack!! i didn't realize it was only one pack until way later. that's so crazy!!!!!!!!

i only really want hopkins for tuesday and raddle for saturday, and hopkins is very cheap usually, but raddle alone costs like $10 on the listings i see. grr!!!!

(but boots, spike, or julia wouldn't be bad either ;3;)

Back