• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the point of building a campsite?

Mu~

🧸
Bells
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Poptart Easter Egg
It takes space that could be used for other things, can't be demolished, and adopting villagers from users here is really easy, so I'm curious about your reasons :p

i built it mainly cause i think it looks cool, and the fact that adopting from others gives me anxiety so i try to avoid that at all costs

I have it because it looks nice, plus the surprise of what villager will be in there. Its how I got Fauna and Diana~

In towns I had before the update I have the campsite.

Then after the update I put the campsite in my town. Regrets since.

I am tempted to put it in my rustic town because I'm working on a larger campsite area but I keep thinking I will just put the 4th character as a tent instead.

After all - the campsite never has campers in a Dream Address!!! That part really frustrates me.
So you build the campsite but it's always an ugly pile of concrete blocks.

Nintendo - please redesign the campsite PWP.

Ok - pros - play games? Get the summer and winter camp furniture items? Trying to end on a positive note. :)

You can also get campsite exclusive items when you play guessing games with the villagers inside. I just enjoy seeing random villagers stop by my town.

Well, I sorta have this contradictory value where I want to play the game as naturally as possible but still trade/buy for items without distrupting the flow of gameplay. So I limit myself on how much I can and can't do.

Also I hated the spot where these villagers would move into, so I placed my campsite there.

Last edited:
I put one in because it looked like fun and I enjoy checking out if anyone's in there each day.

It barely takes up any space by the way. I planted shrubs around mine.

It's fun to see what kind of villager pops in your town while the tent is around. I find it annoying that my pwp campsite is hardly ever used though. It's often just an empty bricked out area...so it does look rather ugly.

my campsite is my favorite part of my town! its not very pretty when no one is camping there but i always get excited to see the tent up and to see who might be in there. i have never adopted a villager from anyone on here and i dont plan on it, but i love the surprise of who might come into my campsite. plus i love playing the games and getting prizes that i dont already own. and its how i got two of my favorite villagers, Erik and Wendy! i currently have 9 villagers and im just waiting on finding the perfect 10th villager to come into my campsite :)

Right? Plus during the winter it's pretty cool seeing an igloo. I also got my favorite villager, Tangy, from the campsite. Before the whole WA update, I had a campsite theme going on with the tent, hammock, bonfire, and water pump? I think that's what it's called.

Then Harv's site set up right near my camp theme...so it was kind of redundant to have two of the same thing so close by.

Right? Plus during the winter it's pretty cool seeing an igloo. I also got my favorite villager, Tangy, from the campsite. Before the whole WA update, I had a campsite theme going on with the tent, hammock, bonfire, and water pump? I think that's what it's called.

Then Harv's site set up right near my camp theme...so it was kind of redundant to have two of the same thing so close by.

I absolutely love when it becomes winter and the campsite becomes an igloo! It's so pretty and with the Northern Lights in the background,Perfect.

I think it looks aesthically pleasing in my town and I do enjoy playing the Camper games even when I have all my villagers it's still fun to go in and see who's there this time!

Last edited:

i havent had my campsite during winter yet, im excited to see the igloo!!

i always like to see the villagers that come to camp in the camp site!

i think it adds to my town too, because I have a special spot specifically for the campsite and its in this pretty forest area that i am proud of :D
There's always the possibility of it being one of my dreamies, (even though I have all but 2 thanks to this forum >v>)
and even if I don't like the villager, it's fun to play the games with them!

It's totally useless in my game, as having amiibo's means I can't invite another villager to move in.

Last edited:
I think it's cute!

I also catch beetles, save them, then use this guide to make tons of money off of lazy campers

With the amiibo cards and villager trading I don't really see the point but I love seeing people decorate little campsite areas in their towns like with the bonfire and everything

I just like popping in every now and again. I have a nice section near a cliff, where you can just walk away from the path and head inside if you want to. It looks nice.

Before I collected all the amiibo cards I built it to try and get cool villagers. I also built it just because I saw everyone else had it and I thought I needed to have it as well lol. In hindsight I wouldve still built it I think it's cute and helpful even though I never use it now.

It's fun t see who's in the campsite, it looks nice, and I don't feel like going through the hassle of getting villagers from people here

Back