• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

You wake up at night to an alarm, what's the creepiest message you'll find?

Bells
(Hopefully this is the right place.)

Original question: "It's 3:54 a.m., your tv, radio, cell phone begins transmitting an emergency alert. What is the scariest message you find yourself waking up to?" (It was too long)

From these Reddit threads: https://www.google.com/#q=site:redd...m,+you+receive+a+text+message+emergency+alert

I always thought this was an interesting question-- especially when I'm in the mood to read creepy stuff-- so I decided to post it here. If you were to wake up to an alarm/siren in the middle of the night, what would be the creepiest (for you) message to wake up to? For me, it would be any sort of doomsday scenario.

Probably a zombie apocalypse because there's a cemetery like half a mile from my house

A picture of someone living in my house/near my house with the words "Mass Serial Killer Alert!" written on the top.

Probably someone saying "Oh I like that [color/design of my PJ's]" and seeing a shadow in the hallway (main reason I sleep with the door shut and having twinkley lights on

Time to wake up? .-.

"it's own clothes day at school today"

- - - Post Merge - - -

jk it would probably be a zombie apocalypse. im very delusional, so sometimes i fall asleep, have nightmares and wake up thinking they're real and end up having to call multiple people to check if its really happening.

Last edited:
When I used to live in the bay area, every Tuesday at 12PM, a test tsunami warning went off. The first time I heard the siren, it was spooky as heck. I'm from SoCal, and tsunami warnings appear only on TV saying the tide will be higher or w/e.

THAT noise at any other time/day would be absolutely terrifying.

When I used to live in the bay area, every Tuesday at 12PM, a test tsunami warning went off. The first time I heard the siren, it was spooky as heck. I'm from SoCal, and tsunami warnings appear only on TV saying the tide will be higher or w/e.

THAT noise at any other time/day would be absolutely terrifying.

Yeah I can relate. I live in Hawaii and we have monthly tsunami testings on TV and for the sirens outside. Some months they won't go off because they weren't working properly or something so I would sometimes go months without hearing the sirens so I'd freak out when I did hear them. I remember back in 2010 we were woken up at 4am because of a tsunami warning (from the Chile earthquake IIRC)

ALERT! ALERT!
Schools will now be opened year round to ensure top-notch education in all of America's children!

Yeah I can relate. I live in Hawaii and we have monthly tsunami testings on TV and for the sirens outside. Some months they won't go off because they weren't working properly or something so I would sometimes go months without hearing the sirens so I'd freak out when I did hear them. I remember back in 2010 we were woken up at 4am because of a tsunami warning (from the Chile earthquake IIRC)

Oh, I didn't know the Chile earthquake affected Hawaii. What about the Japan earthquake in 2011? I know we got one for that but in the end I think some of our boats in the port toppled over?

It's just one of those situations where you're thinking where is the best higher ground.

Yeah definitely something to do with a disaster of some kind and we'd have to leave home asap.

Waking up to any sort of sudden environmental disaster would terrify me. I actually had a nightmare when I was a lot younger that a volcano erupted near my house and we all died. That dream didn't really make any sense though because there aren't any volcanoes near me in like a 500 mile radius.

Oh, I didn't know the Chile earthquake affected Hawaii. What about the Japan earthquake in 2011? I know we got one for that but in the end I think some of our boats in the port toppled over?

It's just one of those situations where you're thinking where is the best higher ground.

The Chile one was only a couple feet high haha, and I think the Japan tsunami was only ~5ft high here? I remember during both everyone was taking it very seriously though. Luckily during both I lived on a hill so we didn't need to travel.

honestly it would just be some really vague, one or two-word message like "run." "you're next." "they're coming." must end w/ a period lmao

gets my imagination going

really i already get scared enough waking up in the middle of the night to thunder, trains, nightmares, even just the dark

Just about any kind of devestation on a global scale would do it for me, especially if it left me alive to deal with the after effect. That, or something like tifachu said, either really.

Last edited:
"HeadOn, apply directly to the forehead."
JK, probably a hurricane, since I remember Katrina so well.

"F5 tornado in your area"although I'd secretly be kind of excited

That would be the second one I've been through o_O There was one that hit Oklahoma when I was a kid.

Back