Predictions/Wants for Animal Crossing Mobile?

HyperHydreigon

Dat Boi
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
During an E3 interview, Reggie confirmed Animal Crossing Mobile is still set for release this year. As long as this has been in development for, I can't help but think this will not be a spin-off, but a main game, or maybe a Switch companion game, except I think AC SWITCH would've been shown during E3.

So I wonder of Animal Crossig might move to mobile devices permanently. I know it's hard to believe Animal Crossing would leave Nintendo Systems and go to being a solely mobile game. But it makes sense. Animal Crossing has always been big on communication and playing with others, I mean that's why this forum exists! And Mobile Devices would be the EASIEST way to let people visit each other's town, because nearly everyone has a phone and phones can easily run multiplayer games. It would also work well as a mobile game, because you already have to wait for things to be built, like you see in a lot of mobile games, and they could use bells and any other currency they add as in app purchases, making the game a "freemium" game. But I know this would ruin the game for many people, so I hope they make it a one time purchase (10-15$

Really, if this IS a main title, it could be the next Pok?mon GO (ok that might be an overstatement XD).
It might also be the last.

Mobile games usually have the habit of providing updates to their games. This would work perfectly with Animal Crossing because they could ALWAYS add new things to the game, new features, items, furniture, villagers, bugs, fish, etc. Plus, if the game starts looking outdated Graphics wise, then can just update that too!

Of course this still might be a spinoff game.

Anyway, let's assume this WILL be a major title. What do you guys think we will see or want to see in Animal Crossing Mobile.? I can't think of much right now, but I want pretty much everything from New Leaf to return, but maybe in a different form, as I don't want it to be TOO similar to New Leaf. I do hope the ability to become Mayor returns, but I also think Tortimier should play a bigger role. They should also let the mayor have more things to do. The map should be expanded, I also think it would be cool if you could purchase more land for your town using in game bells. I also hope they add more shops in this game, because unlocking the shops and developing your Main Street is one of my favorite things about ACNL! If u have any other cool ideas for an Animal Crossing Mobile title, post your thoughts down below!

I haven't really thought about it too much but I actually wouldn't like the ability to become mayor in the mobile game cause I feel like it would make acnl less unique (maybe that's just me). Also I'm sure many players would appreciate it if it was easier to change the skin tone

I'm really hoping there won't be in-app purchases, I feel like it would just cheapen the quality of the game. As convenient as it would be to pay $5 for 5 million bells, it would ruin the entire experience of working so hard to get the bells. Animal Crossing is too good of a game to succumb to freemium gimmicks, and I probably wouldn't even download the app if they tried to incorporate that trash

in my opinion making animal crossing main games on mobile is a huge mistake, and if they moved them to be mobile instead of being on main systems it would make me quit animal crossing for good. i love animal crossing but it could never be as good as any of the other games as they would all be very limited in what they could do if they were mobile...
and i think the mobile game will probably be something simple like designing a room and having villagers visit you or something similar. and i think it may be possible to somehow either get some items you earned transfered to the next main line game or possibly some villagers or your character

I don't think the mobile game will be quite as large scale as what we might expect. While there are a lot of good multiplayer phone games, I think Nintendo is producing the app not as a stand-alone game but as a way of keeping AC fans sated while they develop an actual AC game for the Switch or whatever platform.
It will probably just be small - maybe similar to HHD, with a heavy focus on design, or a mini-version of the standard AC games: maybe having interactions with villagers being a big focus (i.e. giving them presents, fruit, clothes, etc.) or maybe it will be more like a management sim. I guess we'll just all have to wait and see! :)

I don't really want a mainline game on mobile. Honestly mobile AC was a lot more attractive before the Switch, but why would I want it on my phone when it'll look and play way better on the Switch + output to the TV?

I just hope it's not that type of game, like this app called 'Spongebob moves in' for example..

Expecting a full fledged game, especially considering Nintendos other mobile games is just going to lead to disappointment.

I want it to be compatible with amiibo which is theoretically possible, just link your Nintendo account and scan on your Nintendo device via a dedicated app.. yeah unrealistic dream but I think it'd be cool.

My expectations is probably some lame clothing designing game or a FarmVille clone

Well, apparently the game got delayed. I predict that maybe there were a lot of bugs and faults. I don't really think it'd be much of a big game, compared to New Leaf.

It'll probably be a designing game of some sort.
If it's a main series AC game, I don't think I'll even bother with the AC series anymore.

This is just something I saw someone else mention once but I actually really like the idea... like a lot.
So Animal Crossing: New Leaf- Welcome amiibo added a new feature where people would come into the campsite with their RVS, right? Well, RVs are like mobile homes, are they not? And it's a MOBILE game? I'm probably just pulling things out of the blue but having your character get a little space to add furnitutre and probably customise the design of the outside of their RV like you can with your Animal Crossing: New Leaf house (like buying paint or something from a character - possibly Nook for a low price and getting to change the colours of certain parts, such as the roof and walls, and adding patterns or stickers to it as wel) would be really fun. The game would probably focus around driving your RV certain real-world places (by taking yourself to those places) and doing something their, like Pokemon Go works almost.
Again, it's probably not going to happen. I just want my own RV. :p

I just hope they don't make it based around micro-transactions. Also that it isn't so much like the main games.

I'm honestly having a hard time picturing an ac mobile. I can't imagine it being very good. I hope I'm wrong, because I love the ac games so much, and anything new is exciting.

Just because they didn't show off an AC game at E3 doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't in the works. From what I've heard, is that DeNA (the app's developer) have said about the AC app is that it's basically finished, but are still maintaining to keep the release date for the end of the year. If there's an AC Switch game that's secretly in the works and that has a deadline for the end of the year, it would make sense to release a companion app at the same time.

Last edited:
Back