• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

iPhone - 10th Anniversary

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Today is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. 10 years ago on this day, the original model is released. Now it has changed a lot.

How was your experience with iPhones over the past 10 years? What was your favorite iOS version. And what is your least favorite iOS version?

My experience with iPhones is that I've never had one. :)
Seems crazy that they've only been out for 10 years, though. It feels like so much longer. I still remember how awestruck I was by them 10 years ago, when smartphones weren't a thing.

I still use iPod Touch. Lol.

yay!!! ten years of an overpriced item that the only useful thing it does is give you more social status!!!!

never had one, ive liked using other people's though. id get one if yeah, they werent so overpriced. i had an ipad mini a few years ago from a giveaway but it got stolen

i've had an iphone for every generation since the 3gs. currently, i have the iphone 7 and it was a nice upgrade from the 6 despite lacking the headphone jack. i'm interested to see what the iphone 8 will look like, though i'm not sure i'll be able to get one. my phone is only a year old so unless i can trade it in for the new one (that is if i like it), i'm good with mine for now. it's still running well. overall, i've never had a problem with any of my phones. once, the home button stopped working (i think it was the iphone 4 model??) but i brought it into apple and they managed to handle my issue. the only thing i hate is how storage always seems to disappear!!

Last edited:
Personally, I hate iPhones. I feel too limited with an iPhone. Whenever good apps come out, it takes forever to come to iOS it seems, they're always on Android first :(
Also, the fact that you cant replace the batteries in iPhones really ticks me off. I hated having to take a portable charger with me everywhere.

I have an iPod touch now, and I hate it even more than iPhones.

ive had iphone since 2014, before that i had samsumg. i like the newer versions of ios more than the old ones bc they were Ugly, but as for phones i dont really care for the extremely new ones. i have an iphone se and i think it's great, it's a good size and works well. i wouldnt want a bigger phone, i like to be able to fit it in my pocket lol

Had a 3GS way back, then 4s and now I have an SE. Would probably have gotten a 6/6s but they are freaking huge and those don't work in my tiny hands (oddly enough 3ds xl models do but then you hold it with both hand and it has two screens, so).

I agree they are overpriced, but yeah I so much prefer iOS to Android and those cray windows phones that jav like 5 apps available. If Android weren't so cluttery and overly customizeable I would probably have looked at those.

Back