Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I have played acnl since it came out with some breaks.
My town dates back to only a couple of months after the release of acnl
I was wondering if my layout is rubbish. I kinda wished that I didn't lump the town hall and police station etc together but I kept going as I didn't want to lose my encyclopaedia or badges.
I have considered resetting
Thoughts?

IMG_2523.jpg

I don't think its bad, as for the lumping landmarks together it would have been nice if Re-Tail were in there with them, it would be like a shopping square of sorts! but... it being so far away isn't something you can control D:

I personally like having the tent away from buildings too, since passersby are supposed to be camping out

I only say reset if you really want to. If you have a new 3ds that isn't on the latest firmware/ system version, you could probably just be able to use a save editor and rearrange PWPs but it takes a lot of patience and being careful.

It's a nice feeling and layout!

PROS:

- both beach ramps are nicely placed
- almost all of your villagers are clustered close together like a neighborhood
- your house is very nicely placed
- map has nice bridges with a curvy river that is interesting and somewhat unique - most of the time I see that river shape move upwards

-Cons:
- the campsite. But maybe you have enough room to put trees there and give it a more forest feel?!

Overall I think it is a nice map. And if your signature is current you have cute villagers.

In the end it's up to you! I support whatever decision you choose.

Last edited:
I would like to add:

The shopping center idea is full of possibilities. I would weave it all together with "sidewalks" (paths) and probably streetlights and benches.

Your house is so nice and private! I would love that! Lots of room in front and back to personalize the "yards."

Having the main buildings together leaves you at least two rather nice, larger areas for creativity with PWP's. For example, I put two hot springs near each other with two rocks and some stumps to sit on and enjoy the springs.

Only one pond...whoa! Some people would absolutely reset umpteen times for that.

And Re-Tail is not far from the dock...a plus in my opinion.

At first I thought, ugh, the camping spot is too close to town hall, etc, but after pondering, I think you could make it really unique! I have done a lot of camping and some towns even have small campsites right in their town park. Wouldn't that be cute?

I'm not trying to stop you from resetting, either, just maybe giving some ideas to hopefully help you feel more positive about the layout you have! Have fun!

If you have had your town for that long you will probably regret resetting it, I know I would. I too have had my town since the release date, my town feels really small due to how the river weaves around the whole town but I would never get rid of it.
I believe any town layout can work including yours. it's nice how almost all of your villagers are on the same half of town it leaves you with a lot of space to work with. You could embrace the busy corner by putting a player home up there too and making it an unofficial building like a library or school or something like that.
I think it is a cute map, really.
(If it is only the upper left half of town that bothers you why not consider hacking to move the buildings a bit?)

Personally, I dislike layouts like this because of how far apart everything seems to be. You could probably make it work somehow though.

Last edited:
I like that you have a good size private beach, and still, a long main beach!

I like the placement of the campground near the plaza and the fact that it has only a single pond. I'd probably put the rest of the villager houses in the southeast corner of the map. I don't mind the placement of the Re-tail even if it isn't located near the town hall (cafe, etc.) since it's still very much accessible when you're coming from the station because of the nearby bridge plus it's still somewhere around north. It'll be convenient for when there is an event like the Fireworks festival during August to sell those unwanted doubles from the plaza going to the Re-tail or in any case, excess items that you get from events.

Hmmmm. If you can make the town your own and work around it if try that first and reset if I couldn't get it to your liking.
Overall it's not a bad map actually it's just not a great map. This can be good or bad depends on what you want from your town. I know your pain and in the end reset my town from scratch. I don't regret it just wish I'd sold because I'm always broke but my new map is great I love my new map. Good luck!

Overall then I don't see the point in resetting I just wish I had the skills to improve the layout. I have trees planted on the right side and no path and on the left I have just used one brick pattern and slabbed it all. I need to destroy all of my pwps as I used a lot of them even if they didn't complement the fairly tale theme just to stop villagers from being on the left

I like how your layout has a sort of residential vs town aspect, though things seem a little clustered together. Still, if you like your layout it would be a shame to reset just because someone else might do things a little bit differently :)

Overall then I don't see the point in resetting I just wish I had the skills to improve the layout. I have trees planted on the right side and no path and on the left I have just used one brick pattern and slabbed it all. I need to destroy all of my pwps as I used a lot of them even if they didn't complement the fairly tale theme just to stop villagers from being on the left

It sounds like you might enjoy a redesign and not a complete reset.

Finding a new villager you've never had before can make the town seem "fresh"

I actually like this map, just natural layout-wise. I prefer interesting shaped rivers, the straight, squared, orderly looking ones are too boring for me. I like this one because - while it's fairly winding - it leaves plenty of space on both sides whereas some winding rivers do not.

I also like that the town is sort of cut in half at an angle, versus horizontally. Like, it's not just north & south.

The front facing waterfall is beautiful, they're my favorite types and are one of the top features I look for in a map. Your beach ramps are also very well placed and and the beaches themselves decently sized.

I also like that your town square is right next to the campground. I'm not sure what about that I like so much, but it's just appealing to see lol.

Now, I'm not particularly fond of the area with your town hall. The cafe and police station are fitting, but the campsite feels a little off. Unfortunately, I don't think any of those pwps can be removed without hacking, BUT I also think it's something you can easily work with and get creative with.

If you have a dream address, some people could visit and maybe provide ideas for what you could change or do?

Villager houses are not permanant unless you want them to be, so you can always move them around to better spot. Now with your layout, personally where the campsite is would bother me. I've come to realize that if someone is not interested in their map, they will lose the motivation to play. If you are far enough and your town tree is at least 3 levels (someone can correct me on this) then you could sell your town to Tom Nook and get some bells to start over. You'll lose your villagers and stuff in the museum but you can keep your catalog if you choose and your public works projects.

Back